Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Challengers REVEAL that hair!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine said:
Fallback your hair is looking good despite the setback you said you had. Our hair seems to be progressing together.

Girllllll .....my hair takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!!! I'm glad it bounced back from that mishap also!!:lol:

tsmith said:
Girl, I owe it to this challenge although I got real anxious 2 weeks earlier but I buns 24/7. I never use heat except doing deep conditions but with the next challenge, I'm going to stick it out to the end;)

It's ok ending it early...with that kind of growth I'm not sure I'd wait either;).

I can't wait for the next reveal I think you will be midback inching toward waist length!!!!!!!!!!!!

woah!!!

congrats ladies, the progress is phenomenal :eek: , hopefully y'all learnt something you'll be able to utlise to help you grow outside of the challenge aswell... well done ;)

What exactly were the conditions of the challenge? Just punning it or....? Because this is AMAZING. I think I might have to jump on a challenge for 2007. CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. =)

Last edited:
I am soooo happy to see everyone's results!! I feel like it is a christmas present to all of us. So inspiring, and all of you have much to be proud of. HHG!!!;)

togethernessinchrist said:
What exactly were the conditions of the challenge? Just punning it or....? Because this is AMAZING. I think I might have to jump on a challenge for 2007. CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. =)

Basically we hid our hair by wearing protective styles of our choice for 6 months straight. We didn't post any pics for 6 months either.

KissKiss said:
woah!!!

congrats ladies, the progress is phenomenal :eek: , hopefully y'all learnt something you'll be able to utlise to help you grow outside of the challenge aswell... well done ;)

KissKiss do we get to see your progress?

JCoily ~ Thank you. I expected more growth but I'm not gonna complain. I'm happy:)

Tsmith ~ Thanks girl!:Blush2: I don't even have to tell you how much I luv your hair!! Your pictures are so inspiring to me.

RabiaElaine ~ Thank you so much! I couldn't have done it without LHCF. Let me know when the next challenge starts because I am definately joining! I can't wait to see your hair after the next challenge ends.

nelli711 said:
Thanks! Now lets see :D your hair
Girl, my job had me jumping around so much because of an unusual amount of "end of year" duties I forgot to make an appointment in time with my stylist before Christmas! She gets extremely busy this time of year. I'm so mad I could kick myself :wallbash: :cry3: So, here I am with a messed up head! I have recent pics pre-touchup, but they wouldn't show my true progress. I'll be getting a touchup later in the week.

Everyone, I'm so sorry for not making the deadline! :(

Even tho' I revealed a little early I didn't reveal one pic I wanted to save til today...check it out in my fotki, link and pw in profile.

My bald spot went from :eek: to :D

The first pic is on page one of the 2006 album the 2nd pic is on page 2 I *just* uploaded.

Wow I see soooo much progress, you're all inspirations, great job ladies.
Ok my progress pics are up. My before pics are little bit before the challenge started in June 2006. After is yesterday and today.

ETA:
-How you hid your hair for 6 months?
Braided weave all the way, I braided 2x during the challenge.
Now because I waited 3 months I got alot of matting esp. in the back. I used MTG, water/glycerin spray, sealed with avocado butter, no heat, no trimms, I trimmed before the challenge.

-How many passes you used?
I was going to use a pass, I even PM'd Rabia but then I got too lazy to do my hair for the outing, so I never used my pass. :lol:
I definately got some progress, from what everyone around me says. :grin: :creatures

-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
I'm definately joining the next run starting in January, I haven't decided what I'll do, I may bun/baggie it, or braids I won't stop until I pass WSL and am kissing Hipbone. :grin: :woot:

http://public.fotki.com/Lucia3k/
password in profile

Last edited:
Beautiful ladies. So much progress! Congrats to all of you.

Now I feel bad....lemme go condition wash or sumthin.

:eek: WOW:eek: ,

Lots of great progress...
Congrats to
Rabin:eek:
Mystic:eek:
Lucia:eek:
Fallback:eek:
emjazzy:eek:

Last edited:
EMJazzy: Whoa! That's fantastic! You have come so far. I am so happy about your progress. Keep doing what you're doing!

OK, I browsed all the albums and I'm blown away! I can't wait to start this challenge again! Here's some before and after pics:

Before Challenge: April 06
Apr06 Comp 2.JPG Apr06 Comp.JPG

After the Challenge: Dec 06
Dec 06 Length.jpg 121406_13491.jpg 112706_13421.jpg

-How you hid your hair for 6 months?
I did buns and updos since August. I also cut down on heat dramatically. My regimen was basically a rollerset, which I pinned up for the beginning of the week and bunned at the end. At the end of November, I started baggying at least 3 nites a week. This seems to be working well so far.

-How many passes you used?
I only wore my hair out in public once. I did have heat on my roots once a month during the challenge.

-Was the challenge successful for you?
Definitely!

-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
Shoot I'm stull bunning now :lol: . I'll use a pass in Feb for my bday, put other than that, it will be hidden till I reach BSL.

KissKiss said:
woah!!!

Yah, I learned something outside of the challenges before the challenge I was bunning/baggying and hiding my hair anyways but with the challenges it keeps you focused and determined:)

OMG I love everyone's hair!!! Not only beautiful, but growing and beautiful!!!

I'm joining this challenge for next go round, and I'm definitely going to be studying y'all's regimens!

Back