Hide Your Hair Til Christmas 5 month update...Only 1 Month to go!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies!!!!!!!!

I know it's a little early for a 5 month update thread but I am eager to learn how everyone's doing and who is still with us.

I am doing very very very well with this challenge. I love it because it's one of the easiest challenges I've ever done and I've been able to stick with it 100%. Only 4 people have seen my hair and that's because they've helped me to remove my weave. I took pictures of my hair when I relaxed at the end of August. I may relax before Christmas but continue hiding my hair...still undecided about that.

My style has been and continues to be a weave either clipped in or sewn in by myself with the majority of my hair in 6 straight back cornrows underneath with some hair at the top left out to cover the tracks. I'm pretty much still following Reniece's weave regimen with my own products. If the weave is sewn in I reweave 1x per month. If I'm wearing it clipped in I redo my braids 1x per week. I wash/condition my hair on a weekly basis.

I love the fact that in this process I've become my own stylist for everything. This way everything is done on my schedule and for free (except to buy supplies and products).

Anyway ladies how are you doing. We only have a little over 1 month to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still down and everything is going GREEAAAT:grin: I have been wearing buns and my own ponytail covered with a baggie and bun net 24/7:)

Last edited:
Well since I BCED my hair, I'm essentially starting over and don't really have any progress. I do plan on keeping my hair hidden until I reach my one year since last relaxer mark on April 15, though.

Mine has been going great too, I've only taken my hair down (out of weaves) since the start of the challenge for about 1.5 weeks total. But it will be harder to see any progress as I'm transitioning, and can't remember what my aim was on completion of the challenge.

RabiaElaine, how do you wear you wear clipped in? are you referring to the clips that people with european hair, clip into their hair for extensions? or instant weave grip/ clip thingy..

also, I've never tried weaving my hair with the cornrows all back, i.e. vertically:confused: How does the weave fall when you finished? I in search of a new weaving technique, I usually cornrow, horizontally at the back, then as I get to the top parts go vertically.

Hello everyone. I have been doing well. I have started wearing my trusty fall again. I love it. It is truly a no fuss approach to hair care. Anyway I'll see the rest of you at the finishline !!!

I just have it hidden away under the weave, I keep it moisterized, covered and forget about it. I hope I surprise myself in Dec.

KissKiss said:
Mine has been going great too, I've only taken my hair down (out of weaves) since the start of the challenge for about 1.5 weeks total. But it will be harder to see any progress as I'm transitioning, and can't remember what my aim was on completion of the challenge.

RabiaElaine, how do you wear you wear clipped in? are you referring to the clips that people with european hair, clip into their hair for extensions? or instant weave grip/ clip thingy..

also, I've never tried weaving my hair with the cornrows all back, i.e. vertically:confused: How does the weave fall when you finished? I in search of a new weaving technique, I usually cornrow, horizontally at the back, then as I get to the top parts go vertically.

It falls the same way with the braids vertical. You still sew the tracks going across. I usually do mines straight back bc it's easier and when my hair was longer the horizontal braids started to get bulky and unraveled quicker with washing.

Hi ladies, Im so glad to hear your doing well,

I have noticed alot of growth for my hair with this challenge, and by the end of the challenge I might even be bra strap:eek: I reached armpit length and I was so surprised, then yesterday I came out of the shower and my hair was almost touching my bra, and I didnt even straigthen my hair or anything:grin:
im so exited about this, I was thinking about just keep going with the challenge even after christmas, so I can reach waist length by june:D

but I will post some pictures after christmas:grin:

Good luck to everyone.

bmoreflyygirl said:
It falls the same way with the braids vertical. You still sew the tracks going across. I usually do mines straight back bc it's easier and when my hair was longer the horizontal braids started to get bulky and unraveled quicker with washing.

Exactly!

BTW I use the comb clips that LiLi ( think that's her name) used to make her own instant weave. I sew a clip to the end of each track.

HTH

Saida said:
Hi ladies, Im so glad to hear your doing well,

I have noticed alot of growth for my hair with this challenge, and by the end of the challenge I might even be bra strap:eek: I reached armpit length and I was so surprised, then yesterday I came out of the shower and my hair was almost touching my bra, and I didnt even straigthen my hair or anything:grin:
im so exited about this, I was thinking about just keep going with the challenge even after christmas, so I can reach waist length by june:D

but I will post some pictures after christmas:grin:

Good luck to everyone.

Wow that's a lot of progress! I can't wait to see ur pics!

Hi Rabia - Your routine sounds exactly like mine ;) - I plan to keep wearing my instant weaves until next summer!

This has made con washing, deep conditioning and even baggie my hair so much easier than wearing a sew-in weave.

I'll tell anyone who ask that this is a weave, so I got over the fact that it is removeable vs sew-in.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies!!!!!!!!

I know it's a little early for a 5 month update thread but I am eager to learn how everyone's doing and who is still with us.

I am doing very very very well with this challenge. I love it because it's one of the easiest challenges I've ever done and I've been able to stick with it 100%. Only 4 people have seen my hair and that's because they've helped me to remove my weave. I took pictures of my hair when I relaxed at the end of August. I may relax before Christmas but continue hiding my hair...still undecided about that.

My style has been and continues to be a weave either clipped in or sewn in by myself with the majority of my hair in 6 straight back cornrows underneath with some hair at the top left out to cover the tracks. I'm pretty much still following Reniece's weave regimen with my own products. If the weave is sewn in I reweave 1x per month. If I'm wearing it clipped in I redo my braids 1x per week. I wash/condition my hair on a weekly basis.

I love the fact that in this process I've become my own stylist for everything. This way everything is done on my schedule and for free (except to buy supplies and products).

Anyway ladies how are you doing. We only have a little over 1 month to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falls are AWESOME!!!!

I have been wearing mine, I did my relaxer yesterday. I have some growth, nothing dramatic. I am very very anxious for this challenge to be over. This was very hard for me, I love taking pictures and updating.:(

But I will make it through...Good Luck to the rest of you I am looking forward to all of your updates, it will be like opening X-Mas gifts!!!!

Lucia your hair looks awesome already, and Rabia your hair looks healthy and your regime sounds solid!!!:)

I'm still wearing my box braids. The nape of my hair is bra strap length. The res of my hair is creeping up behind. Hopefully it will all almost be that length by the end of this year. I can't take the vitamins I was taking before so hopefully i will have some growth spurts.

I am still in. I wish I could say it's as easy for me as some of the ladies but it's not. I wore my hair down for a wedding (hence the progress pic) and for a family event. Other than that, I have no more passes (lol) I am hiding until the end of the challenge.

I'm still doing the baggie method with the phony pony....I'll do a photo update for LHCF only but for the general public I plan on hiding my hair til I reach BSL stretched....I'm going for the *shock* reaction. ;)

Hi

I'm still hanging in there and doing very well! I mostly wear low buns or a low braid to hide my hair. A couple of time I wore a braidout just let my hair relax from being pulled into a bun all the time. I've been stretching for just a bit over 5 months and my saving grace has been Sta-Sof-Fro once I was well into it.

I can't exactly tell how much NG I have, but there's a good amount. I can hardly wait until the challenge is over to see the progress for all of the beautiful heads of hair!

:lachen: I've actually been doing this challenge without even realising or joining. I've had my hair in braids since June (re-done them twice) and plan to take these one out close to the end of the year. My last relaxer was in June so I have no idea what length my hair is right now at all.

I'm doing alright, although I've had a lot of trouble with this! My hair is either pinned up or tied back from a rollerset all week. I wore it down once to take some progress pics (they're hidden) but I'm very pleased with my progress. I've also been able to cut back on heat significantly! I reached my goal of full APL and I'm getting closer and closer to BSL!

I do think I will try this again in the new year, but I may be investing in a fall.

prettykinks said:
I'm still wearing my box braids. The nape of my hair is bra strap length. The res of my hair is creeping up behind. Hopefully it will all almost be that length by the end of this year. I can't take the vitamins I was taking before so hopefully i will have some growth spurts.

OT: Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

trimbride said:
Falls are AWESOME!!!!

I have been wearing mine, I did my relaxer yesterday. I have some growth, nothing dramatic. I am very very anxious for this challenge to be over. This was very hard for me, I love taking pictures and updating.:(

But I will make it through...Good Luck to the rest of you I am looking forward to all of your updates, it will be like opening X-Mas gifts!!!!

Lucia your hair looks awesome already, and Rabia your hair looks healthy and your regime sounds solid!!!:)
Thanks chica. :)

Still going pretty well although I've had a couple of slip-ups (ie blow drying my hair, realising that it looked pretty good and walking around to make sure my husband saw it :spank: :eyebrows2 ).

But I'm still in.

O/T: SARECA - Girl I need to call you OUT! Your photo in your siggy is gorgeous - your hair in that wash n go is on point. Lovely.

I'm doing pretty good considering I've mini-trimmed atleast three to four times since starting this challenge. I may hide my hair until my one year anniversary as well, which in early March 2007. I started my hair journey in January 2006, but with my set back in March 2006 (big trim), I decided to adjust. I don't know, I'll see how it goes...

Well I just got some more micros put in...I must say that the before and after pics are amazing...my hair did a complete 360, I really want to show my progress but I guess you all will have to wait another month:(

I'm doing well. I must say I cheated for a couple of days. I'm back now. I will continue to hide my hair after Christmas because I am transitioning. I'm trying to do as little to it as possible. And unfortunately, I don't really have any beginning pictures. So I won't have anything to compare my Christmas pictures to. :(

I'm still hanging in there, doing the baggie and phony pony thing everyday. I can't wait until Dec. 30 so I can flat iron and do a length check. Hopefully, it will be BSL by then. Then it's on to MBL by July 2007 with the same method everyday until then (with a pass in June).

I wasn't a part of this challenge, but I could have been. I relaxed in late July/early August, and just relaxed last week. I wore my hair down one day, and have been bunning since. And, I bunned between August and November. I think that's the plan until I retouch in February or March. Can't decide yet. I may get some cornrows in December or January to help with the new growth, but I like bunning, b/c I can wash my hair more frequently (CO wash everyday, if necessary). It makes my hair more pliable.

Although, I guess I'm going to continue to hide my hair after Christmas too!

Only 24 more days to go ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how consistent I've been with this challenge. I have not worn my hair out 1 day for the past 5 months! I guess it's been easy because I've had a weave and can wear that out very easily.

I was going to wait until the challenge end before relaxing again, but my hair is looking toe up! I think 12-13 weeks is the best time for me to relax. The last time I relaxed was August 27th. I think I'm going to relax at some point next week after work. I have to check my stylists schedule...oh wait that's me:lachen: ! So I guess I can do it whenever I'm ready. I love doing my own hair!

I'm still going to be hiding my hair until Christmas though.

So since we will all be with our families on Christmas do we want to do the reveal on Christmas itself? Or wait until after?

Back