He's not my type - should i give him a chance?

I've done it already and I won't do it again. After the relationship ended I didn't feel fulfilled, I didn't feel as though I got anything out of it especially compared to what he got out of it.

Settling to me is like telling God and the universe that you do not think that you would meet your perfect match, that you're not worthy and that's not the message I would like to send.
Settling is something you do in a long term commitment, not something applied to accepting a single date.

I think there's a HUGE different between dating outside of your type and dating someone you're not attracted to and folks often conflate the two. I was dating a "my type" when I met my current SO - did he fit the physical description of my track record? Not exactly. Am I glad I let my "type" go? Absolutely!

Just go date. Let men try and show you the best of themselves and have some fun while you're at it. Am I advocating going out with 4'11" one-eyed waldos? Of course not. But I also tend to find its the single chicks who claim they can't find good black men anywhere who are quick to call another woman's choice to be more open minded "settling".

Perfect matches are rarely perfect when you first meet them. They become perfect as you figure out how you fit together...

I think there's a HUGE different between dating outside of your type and dating someone you're not attracted to and folks often conflate the two.

i agree with this. BUT op stated that he wasn't her type because she wasn't attracted to him, which was why i called it settling.

Back