He’s having a baby….

I ruined his life and forced him to settle with someone cause he needs a child he is getting old.

What is more hurtful is that his family is blaming me

They are making it seem like I am the one with the issues

he would complain about how miserable his life is and he is not happy. He would threaten me and say that if I don’t be with him I will force him to be with someone else and his misery for life will be in my hands.

That whole family is crazy! When will they take responsibility for their own actions? They all need to be under the care of a mental health professional. Seriously. Steer clear of these folks.

gosh you've been through it! I'm so sorry.
but you'll make the best decision for yourself and then no looking back!

stay strong

Love yourself more!

Dude has already shown you what he's made of and IMO he is SO emotionally unstable! He and his fam are blaming you for HIS actions!?!? :nono:

Dude's behaviors are mentally and emotionally abusive. According to you, this has been going on since you were 25....haven't you had enough of the emotional roller coaster ride?

People only do to you what you allow them to do. We show people how to treat us and you have the power to stop this! Don't give your power away!

Free your yourself, free your mind!! You deserve and can have BETTER!!!

ETA: If you marry this dude, good luck! Don't say that your fam at LHCF didn't warn you.

Kinkyhairlady;11726334[B said:
I honestly love him very much[/B] but this is too much. I don't know what I will do I have to go home and think about this. I partially blame myself because I should have not been playing this hard to get game for so long. I am 30 and he is 34. this has been going on since I was 25 but at 30 when I'm finally ready to settle down with him, he goes and does this just cause he wanted a child so bad. He only did this because all of his siblings have children except him so he became desperate. At the end of the day I want to be with someone who loves me and vice versa but sometimes folks make it difficult with the drama they involve in their lives. I did not expect for him to call me with this proposal so yes I am sitting here thinking about what to do.

That whole family is crazy! When will they take responsibility for their own actions? They all need to be under the care of a mental health professional. Seriously. Steer clear of these folks.

Crazy attracts crazy... :look:

Seriously, in more and more cases these days, I can't even bring myself to say that people "deserve better," when their actions are showing that perhaps, they don't. It's becoming such a cliche to say that... when a lot of times, I think to myself, "Oh do they REALLY?"

Water seeks its own level. Shrug.

Hi Ladies,

when I started this thread I was not looking for advice but I appreciate all the advice that was given. I am still somewhat in shock and have to try to get over this but he is not making it easy because he called me at least 8 times yesterday asking me for the answer. Finally I told him I really need time to think and I want to wait until the baby is here. I have to meet the child and the mother and to see if I am going to be able to deal with them for the rest of my life. He got upset and wants an answer now but I told him if he is going to get mad over that then he needs to just leave me alone. I guess he thinks I will not talk to him again so he said ok that he will give me some time and that he loves me and will do whatever it takes to make it work.

The more I think about it the more I don't think I will go there cause I always told myself I did not want a guy with kids, though he was a guy with no kids I acted slowly so whether I screwed up or not it is what it is. As of right now I really don't know what I will do, I will just let things play out but I won't rush anything. if it is meant to be it will be. I will keep you ladies posted. Thanks

If you marry him the problems are only going to get worse. Don't waste any more time with this man. Just because you haven't been in any serious relationships doesn't mean you should succumb to this disastrous one. Blaming all his problems on you, is not good for your self-esteem. He's bring you down, and in reality it should be the other way around because he's the one who messed up. He had you waiting for 5 years and had the audacity to get someone else pregnant. He's not the only man in the world, believe it or not there are other fish in the sea and DON'T feel sorry for him, he's a lost cause, trust and believe after all this is over he'll find some other woman to place the blame on. You're still young I'm sure you'll find someone who will make you happy.

Hi Ladies,

when I started this thread I was not looking for advice but I appreciate all the advice that was given. I am still somewhat in shock and have to try to get over this but he is not making it easy because he called me at least 8 times yesterday asking me for the answer. Finally I told him I really need time to think and I want to wait until the baby is here. I have to meet the child and the mother and to see if I am going to be able to deal with them for the rest of my life. He got upset and wants an answer now but I told him if he is going to get mad over that then he needs to just leave me alone. I guess he thinks I will not talk to him again so he said ok that he will give me some time and that he loves me and will do whatever it takes to make it work.

The more I think about it the more I don't think I will go there cause I always told myself I did not want a guy with kids, though he was a guy with no kids I acted slowly so whether I screwed up or not it is what it is. As of right now I really don't know what I will do, I will just let things play out but I won't rush anything. if it is meant to be it will be. I will keep you ladies posted. Thanks

*scratches weave & pulls out anotha newport*

huh? dayum...he mind phuckin da hell outta you chile...dat mus be some good shyt....

but'r uh...anywho....ummm yeah chile, keep us posted. this was one helluva rolla coasta ride chile....

well, go head n take one for da team cuz i gotchu marryin him. BUT BEFORE U SAY I DO memba dis....

if u marry him, dat means u'll be a step mommy..... and guess what? da baby will have two mommies. and guess what? da baby momma gonna take him and u for child support. and guess what? you'll be back on dis board startin anotha thread ....da baby momma ain't goin down easy cuz ain't no tellin what he done told her.

men gotta be careful cuz u can't be playin wif da emotions of other people...gettin women pregnant, tryna marry anotha, tellin da family dis n dat, callin all da dayum time, got it where u can't even concentrate....shyt like dat will getchu eligible for a burial.

well, put ur seatbelt on and enjoy da ride shuga....

Ok OP...sigh...i'm going to say this in the nicest most respectful way possible because 1. this is the same advice I would give my BFF is she was in the same situation, and 2. I truly want to see some type of redeeming factor in this story but...

What the FCUK is wrong with you?!

I usually like to offer constructive advice, but the fact that you are still unsure about what to do gives me great insight on what type dysfunction that is going on here. I can't even blame old dude. You are coming across as weak minded, desperate, stupid, and emotionally loose.

I mean have some dignity!

I swear...some of these stories cannot be real. This cannot be life! This is some mess straight off an episode of Maury! Damn...baby not even here yet, and you still think this man is marriage material...Ohhhh you about to have me cussing up in here...I truly need to log off.

if u marry him, dat means u'll be a step mommy..... and guess what? da baby will have two mommies. and guess what? da baby momma gonna take him and u for child support. and guess what? you'll be back on dis board startin anotha thread ....da baby momma ain't goin down easy cuz ain't no tellin what he done told her.

Girl, that right there!!!!

SAY GOODBYE:

To your money
your purses
YOUR HAIR

Girl that woman and child is going to suck you DRY.

With someone else and I am hurt.

I am just a mess this morning and kind of just want to vent a bit, not looking for sympathy or anything. I have been talking to this guy for about 5 years on and off and for the first 2 years I had reasons why I did not want to get involve with him. He proposed to me in 06 and I turned him down because I was not ready and I felt he was pressuring me in a sense and I was just confused about a lot of things. In 09 I agreed to be with him and he did not take me seriously and kept on blaming me for us not being together at that point I just did not care because I know that I gave him the option and he was acting strange.

Same year a random chick calls me cussing me out this creates a huge argument in which I just stopped talking to him. Apparently he was messing around with some women that took his phone and called every female on the phone. Again I just let it be because this was not my concern. Then around January of this year we start talking again and he continues to complain that I don’t want to be with him blah blah, at this point I love him but I was afraid of being hurt so I kept my distance, trying to figure things out. Well last week he tells me he is expecting a baby and had a baby shower. I am like what the heck you talking about, I did not believe him but last night his family members confirmed this for me. My heart shattered into pieces. I called him and told him I did not know if this was true and why would he not tell me he was even seeing someone. If the chick is about to pop that means he was still calling and asking to see me and be with me the whole time, that pissed me off. He starts crying on the phone, and saying I ruined his life and forced him to settle with someone cause he needs a child he is getting old.

What is more hurtful is that his family is blaming me because I did not give him a chance all these years and he had no choice because he really wanted a family. They are making it seem like I am the one with the issues not knowing that I opened my heart once but he is such a pessimistic person he did not believe me. One of the biggest issues I always had with him is that he would complain about how miserable his life is and he is not happy. He would threaten me and say that if I don’t be with him I will force him to be with someone else and his misery for life will be in my hands. Things like that used to bother me but over the years I just got used to him talking nonsense and really did not expect him to do this. He was not my man and really does not have to tell me what he is doing but I guess I am just disappointed this is the route he took and he and his family are holding me responsible. Family gatherings will definitely be awkward now since he claims he still loves me and I am working on getting over my feelings. he claims he won’t bring the girl around with the baby but I don’t see how he can avoid that. I wished him luck and hopefully I can get over this, I am just hurt.

Lesson learn is that if you love someone don’t play games just open your heart and let things play out. I know when I first met him, his feelings were strong but it was a bad time for me, then when it is a good time for me it is a bad time for him. All these years back and forth I guess it needed to come to an end. Hearing him say he is not happy does make me feel bad for him but when the baby is here I guess that may bring him the happiness he was looking for but unfortunately I am not giving that to him because of my foolishness.

how old is the guy? kinda sounds like we're heartbroken over the same guy... same scenario

Ok OP...sigh...i'm going to say this in the nicest most respectful way possible because 1. this is the same advice I would give my BFF is she was in the same situation, and 2. I truly want to see some type of redeeming factor in this story but...

What the FCUK is wrong with you?!

I usually like to offer constructive advice, but the fact that you are still unsure about what to do gives me great insight on what type dysfunction that is going on here. I can't even blame old dude. You are coming across as weak minded, desperate, stupid, and emotionally loose.

I mean have some dignity!

I swear...some of these stories cannot be real. This cannot be life! This is some mess straight off an episode of Maury! Damn...baby not even here yet, and you still think this man is marriage material...Ohhhh you about to have me cussing up in here...I truly need to log off.

As rude as this may seem OP.... everyone who read this thread is thinking the same thing. *DING DING DING* Is there really no red light going off???? Please. YOU. CAN. DO. BETTER! Please!! PLEASE!!! Get out. Find some hobbies. Someone who is RIGHT for you WILL. COME. BY!

Ok just came back to this thread and I am surprise that some of you are so harsh. Trust me I know this is a crazy situation and I am thinking long and hard about what I want to do.

The baby mama is not really my concern because the way he and his family have put it, is that he just wants a child and I knew this for a while I just never thought he would go ahead and do it. Over the years I have dated others and never asked him to not date around but I did not think he would knock someone else up just to get the child. I was not ready for kids or marriage and therefore I was dragging my feet. This guy is not the player type at all and I have known him for years which is why I may have taken advantage of that. Thinking he would be around when I made up my mind to marry him.

He will smother you if he is with you and that would get annoying. I have no fear what so ever that he would step out on our marriage, that is not in his character. He was not in a commited relationship with me and could do as he pleased I was just hurt because I love him and this came as a shock.

At the end of the day it is what is it and I can either move on or marry him and accept the child. The babymama may have an issue if she hears him getting married but that is his responsibility to talk to her. They were just sleeping with eachother not boyfriend and girlfriend so I am sure she will be fine. Like I said I am constantly at family gathering and not once has he ever brought this women around, but I knew he is a man if I am not giving him any he was getting it somewhere else and I am ok with that because he was not my man either. Now as his wife it will be a different story, but I think he will be a good husband to me because of who he is and what he has done over the years although I made him suffer.

WTF??

This dude sounds unstable.
Don't get sucked into his crazy.

It may be painful for now, but stay away and avoid a possible lifetime of pain.

Do you really want to start a MARRIAGE with this kind of drama and negative energy?
I'm sure you want more for yourself and know you deserve more than this.

I must say, if this dude was the quality man you say he is, he wouldn't go knock up some random chick for child's sake.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it is what is it and I can either move on or marry him and accept the child. The babymama may have an issue if she hears him getting married but that is his responsibility to talk to her. They were just sleeping with eachother not boyfriend and girlfriend so I am sure she will be fine. Like I said I am constantly at family gathering and not once has he ever brought this women around, but I knew he is a man if I am not giving him any he was getting it somewhere else and I am ok with that because he was not my man either. Now as his wife it will be a different story, but I think he will be a good husband to me because of who he is and what he has done over the years although I made him suffer.

Wooo chile...

It seems like you have already made your decision. You know this man better than we do so whatever you choose I hope you can cope with it. But remember this- he is who he is. His behavior has nothing to do with you thats just the type of boy he is. In my opinion...he has made his decision of what he wanted by impregnating another woman. End of story. Best wishes.

Hi Ladies,

No need to update, it's very obvious how this will play out :yep:

Ok just came back to this thread and I am surprise that some of you are so harsh. Trust me I know this is a crazy situation and I am thinking long and hard about what I want to do.

The baby mama is not really my concern because the way he and his family have put it, is that he just wants a child and I knew this for a while I just never thought he would go ahead and do it. Over the years I have dated others and never asked him to not date around but I did not think he would knock someone else up just to get the child. I was not ready for kids or marriage and therefore I was dragging my feet. This guy is not the player type at all and I have known him for years which is why I may have taken advantage of that. Thinking he would be around when I made up my mind to marry him.

He will smother you if he is with you and that would get annoying. I have no fear what so ever that he would step out on our marriage, that is not in his character. He was not in a commited relationship with me and could do as he pleased I was just hurt because I love him and this came as a shock.

Op, you said people were being harsh, but....you're sounding some kinda way right now. :ohwell:

You want to be with a guy who blames you for his mistakes, picks any old girl he's not in a relationship to have a baby with, and is now doing a shot gun proposal to you over the mother of his child? Wow. Um...yeah. That is why posters are responding the way they are. What happens when he wants to do something else you don't want to do? Will that be your fault too? This story sounds really crazy. Best of luck to you.

And I agree with the other poster, no need to update the board about this guy. :nono:

I'm not even getting into the rightness or wrongness of marrying him, cuz it appears as though the OP is seriously considering going through with it.

My question is, OP, have you fully thought through the significance of him having a child with another woman? I mean, the money, the time, the attention that he will need to expend on these other people. I include the mother because it is impossible for a man to have a good relationship with his child while simultaneously having no contact with the mother. That's a given. So, really, the only question now is, are you prepared for all that extra?

All I can smell is desperation...

Like seriously, its YOUR fault that he got someone else preggo.... Like come on, You not fo' Serious with this thread...

Ok just came back to this thread and I am surprise that some of you are so harsh.

OP, I think some people are just really emotional and don't wanna see you hurt actually...they're coming from a "tough love" perspective, I think.

The baby mama is not really my concern because the way he and his family have put it, is that he just wants a child and I knew this for a while I just never thought he would go ahead and do it.

Why wouldn't the mother of your potential stepchild be a concern to you, particularly if you haven't met her and don't know much of anything about her?

Over the years I have dated others and never asked him to not date around but I did not think he would knock someone else up just to get the child.

So you're saying he did something this major that you never could've seen him doing? Why couldn't you see him doing this when he already told you he would do so? And told you he would blame you that he had to do it? If you really and truly could not see him doing such a thing, what else can you imagine would happen in the future that he might do that you really and truly could not foresee him doing?

This guy is not the player type at all and I have known him for years which is why I may have taken advantage of that. Thinking he would be around when I made up my mind to marry him.

Do you believe that things happen for a reason? Although I do not know you, from your posts I strongly sense that this turning point in your life with your relationship with this person is a very crucial moment in your life right now that you will look back on at some point(s) in the future. And when that point happens, you will either be wondering why you did what you did or you will be happy about the decision you made regarding this person.

Just because a person is not a player type does not mean they are marriage material. I'm sure you may have other reasons as to what makes him marriage material. The statement "may have taken advantage of that" says to me that you are blaming yourself for something or some things, perhaps even this situation. Which is exactly what he wanted you to do. That is a result of either his mind control over you, or your vulnerability at the moment, perhaps a combination of both. The statement about "thinking he would be around when I made up my mind to marry him" leaves me with this thought:

What were you waiting for? For the moment when you realized you really DID want to marry him? Because from what you've wrote I didn't think you wanted to marry this guy. The negativity issue is a very serious issue. I know he makes it seem as though he would be happy "if only he could have you"..and I hate to be cliche, but trust me, misery loves company. He needs to understand that to be happy with you he needs to be happy with himself. Do you not foresee that any baby/baby mama issues that arise in the future are also going to be blamed on you? Since you were the reason this all happened anyway?

He was not in a commited relationship with me and could do as he pleased I was just hurt because I love him and this came as a shock.

And you should be hurt. And shocked. And confused. And angry. And sad. All of these emotions are normal.

So going by what you said he just got any old broad pregnant and didnt care who she was just to spite you? :perplexed Why would you want to be with someone like that?

Man where are my bbm smileys when i need them? :nono:

OP, I think some people are just really emotional and don't wanna see you hurt actually...they're coming from a "tough love" perspective, I think.

Why wouldn't the mother of your potential stepchild be a concern to you, particularly if you haven't met her and don't know much of anything about her?

So you're saying he did something this major that you never could've seen him doing? Why couldn't you see him doing this when he already told you he would do so? And told you he would blame you that he had to do it? If you really and truly could not see him doing such a thing, what else can you imagine would happen in the future that he might do that you really and truly could not foresee him doing?

Do you believe that things happen for a reason? Although I do not know you, from your posts I strongly sense that this turning point in your life with your relationship with this person is a very crucial moment in your life right now that you will look back on at some point(s) in the future. And when that point happens, you will either be wondering why you did what you did or you will be happy about the decision you made regarding this person.

Just because a person is not a player type does not mean they are marriage material. I'm sure you may have other reasons as to what makes him marriage material. The statement "may have taken advantage of that" says to me that you are blaming yourself for something or some things, perhaps even this situation. Which is exactly what he wanted you to do. That is a result of either his mind control over you, or your vulnerability at the moment, perhaps a combination of both. The statement about "thinking he would be around when I made up my mind to marry him" leaves me with this thought:

What were you waiting for? For the moment when you realized you really DID want to marry him? Because from what you've wrote I didn't think you wanted to marry this guy. The negativity issue is a very serious issue. I know he makes it seem as though he would be happy "if only he could have you"..and I hate to be cliche, but trust me, misery loves company. He needs to understand that to be happy with you he needs to be happy with himself. Do you not foresee that any baby/baby mama issues that arise in the future are also going to be blamed on you? Since you were the reason this all happened anyway?

And you should be hurt. And shocked. And confused. And angry. And sad. All of these emotions are normal.

Thank you for taking the time to write this post for some reason I read it and I see what i am saying does sound crazy. Not that the other post were not insightful but this one just made something click.

It is funny you stated Misery loves company because I always thought that about him. He would complain and cry to me and say he needs me in his life but something held me back. Though my feelings grew for him I needed him to be a bit more strong and stop crying like a girl all the time. I said to him he must love himself first before entering into a relationship but he always focused on me and why I would not be with him.

Maybe this all happened for a reason because I did not see it coming. I have been through worse and I know I will be fine. I will call him tonight and wish him the best and let this go. If it is meant to be down the road then it will be. I still have love for him but right now there is too much chaos in his life so I rather do what I was doing before and take care of myself.

For those that say I am desperate, that is incorrect, if I was desperate I would of been with him just to have a man. I have been single for 5 years and I am ok with that because I am waiting for the right one. I am learning now that no one is perfect and one of the reasons why I did not get with him prior was because I felt he did not measure up to my ex. That is the mistake I make with alot of the men I date always comparing. I am learning the hard way but I am not stressing. I am blessed in so many other ways so this is something I will not let take over. He could of been the perfect guy in life and still screwed up we all screw up sometimes. Bottom line is I will not rush into anything right now because I am uncertain, so once the storm is over I will have more clarity and see which path I will go down.

At the end of the day it is what is it and I can either move on or marry him and accept the child. The babymama may have an issue if she hears him getting married but that is his responsibility to talk to her. They were just sleeping with eachother not boyfriend and girlfriend so I am sure she will be fine.

You are correct-move on without him or marry him. That's a really big decision either way. Give it alot of time because if you marry him you are changing your life from this point forward. And just keep in mind that many times our personal life changing decisions don't just impact ourselves individually-they impact others around us as well.

They were "just sleeping together"....yes. And now they are having a baby together. Whether he meant for this to happen or not, who knows. If he really and truly did plot and plan and scheme to get another woman pregnant to try to get you to marry him he is not mentally stable as others have mentioned. Who does that? :nono:

Like I said I am constantly at family gathering and not once has he ever brought this women around, but I knew he is a man if I am not giving him any he was getting it somewhere else and I am ok with that because he was not my man either. Now as his wife it will be a different story, but I think he will be a good husband to me because of who he is and what he has done over the years although I made him suffer.

I am not understanding what you did to make him suffer. Could you please clarify? Are you referring to the part about not wanting to marry him?

----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please take the time to let yourself feel through your emotions and deal with them rather than react to them immediately. The time will allow for (hopefully) a rational decision in the future, rather than one based on emotions.

2. Once you've done number 1, please don't let the fear of missing out a husband and children be your rationale for marrying this person. Do not downplay the reality of this fear. It will have you saying you married him because he is a good guy, which may be true "to an extent", but may not be the actual reason.

3. Is your mom in your life? What does she think about this situation? What does your family think? Your friends? We can offer advice/insight but I'm interested to know what the people who know you and know him think.

I wish you the best, OP, I really do. And I wanted to end with saying this: trust your intuition. I often think God speaks to me through it. I have a friend who's been in my life for over 10 years now who still proclaims his love for me and that he would never be happy without me. He is also a complainer and always down about life. And I know he would make a "good boyfriend" and probably a "good husband" from the perspective that he would likely be very loyal and treat me with respect and admiration, and do whatever it takes to provide for the household.

HOWEVER, I decided that I could never enter into a relationship with this person. I cannot "make" him happy. Me entering into a relationship with him would be like taking Xanax for anxiety; curing the symptom and not the problem. The problem will always be there. And I don't want to go through life with a person that does not know how to find happiness within oneself because there will be times I need to draw upon their joy to build myself up. And there will be a point when I want children and don't want to raise them in a negative environment because I was raised that way and I know the impact it can have.

Ok, this may officially be the most I've ever written on a topic in LHCF but for some reason your story brought alot out of me today. Again, I hope you take out some time to yourself...and definitely pray. Good luck.

I know you're overwhelmed but seriously if someone else posted this thread would you really be telling her that shes doing the right thing by marrying him and giving him another chance right now? :look:

Hi Ladies,

I've got one question for you: The thought of him in your life, does that make you MORE or LESS confident about you and your own future?!

If the answer is more - marry him.
If the answer is less - its time to let him go.

The thought of a husband should build you up, should make you smile, should bring you strength and confidence.

Sweetheart, get in the drivers seat. This is YOUR life. :yep:

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to write this post for some reason I read it and I see what i am saying does sound crazy. Not that the other post were not insightful but this one just made something click.

You're welcome. And you don't have to thank me...because everything happens for a reason, remember? Even you reading this post today. ;)

It is funny you stated Misery loves company because I always thought that about him. He would complain and cry to me and say he needs me in his life but something held me back. Though my feelings grew for him I needed him to be a bit more strong and stop crying like a girl all the time. I said to him he must love himself first before entering into a relationship but he always focused on me and why I would not be with him.

^What do you think was holding you back? That little voice inside you that said something was wrong is real. Do not ignore it. You listened to it for five years.

Maybe this all happened for a reason because I did not see it coming.

There is no doubt about that.

I will call him tonight and wish him the best and let this go. If it is meant to be down the road then it will be. I still have love for him but right now there is too much chaos in his life so I rather do what I was doing before and take care of myself.

That sounds like a good plan.

For those that say I am desperate, that is incorrect, if I was desperate I would of been with him just to have a man. I have been single for 5 years and I am ok with that because I am waiting for the right one. I am learning now that no one is perfect and one of the reasons why I did not get with him prior was because I felt he did not measure up to my ex. That is the mistake I make with alot of the men I date always comparing. I am learning the hard way but I am not stressing. I am blessed in so many other ways so this is something I will not let take over. He could of been the perfect guy in life and still screwed up we all screw up sometimes. Bottom line is I will not rush into anything right now because I am uncertain, so once the storm is over I will have more clarity and see which path I will go down.

^Good. :yep:

Back