He's concerned about my edges

SincerelyJane

I told this guy I was thinking about getting braids for the summer, he told me not to do it, he says I need to protect my edges.

He really acted like he was schooling me too. I told him I used to wear braids all the time, he says I'm lucky that my hairline has held up so well, I shouldn't push my luck :perplexed. I was just surprised to hear a guy talk about edges :lol:

Does your guy give you hair advice?

He probably has a black woman in his life that let him know what's up! My SO knows almost everything about my hair routine lol

Girl that man is looking out for himself. He just trying to make sure he doesn't have to wake up to edges a la Naomi Campbell every morning.:lachen:

I was at the BSS yesterday and this guy was educating these 2 young ladies that he was with where they can buy cheap braids. Additionally, where they can buy cheap braids and sell it to their friend who is always in braids. I was so through :nono:

Years ago the man and I walked into target looking for hair products. He stood there reading ingredients and rejecting everything the workers offered. He kept saying " Does that have petroleum? We don't need none of that." Or when he used to call to tell me "Don't forget to protect the ends!" Lmao he's yt too. Chile.

Sounds like he has a lot of female relatives. Nothing wrong with him looking out.

I remember hearing my exhusband suggest co-wash to my MIL to help her with her dry hair. He ran to the bathroom and pulled out my conditioners to show her. I was in to Aveeda back then. He loved that Cherry Almond Bark conditioner.

Years ago the man and I walked into target looking for hair products. He stood there reading ingredients and rejecting everything the workers offered. He kept saying " Does that have petroleum? We don't need none of that." Or when he used to call to tell me "Don't forget to protect the ends!" Lmao he's yt too. Chile.

Aaaaw!

.... said the Phablet

My baby is always concerned with the gel I am using and why it gotta be hard and such. Lol he is so cute when he brings up hair questions and he is truly interested. If he only knew what that does to me.

A couple weeks ago he had to work on a Sunday (wash day) he actually went through wash day with me via text and pics. That was a very good day better night.:blush:

When I started getting comfortable with my SO I would mention "split ends." As in, "stop being so rough, you're going to split my ends" or "can you change to satin pillows, because they prevent split ends." (I was kind of being over the top on purpose, I'm not THAT much of a worrywart .:look:..).

When I first began doing this he would look puzzled. "I don't know what that is" was his response. Now fast forward to 2014. He hates when I fall asleep on the couch for the night, so I was doing that a couple of weeks ago and after I ignored his first couple attempts to wake me up to go upstairs he says in a loud voice "you're going to get split ends if you sleep on this couch!!"

I woke up :look:

Last edited:
One time I lost my favorite satin scarf and my SO told me I could lay on his chest to protest my hair lol.

Also we went everywhere trying to find an identical scarf. He marched right into Macy's, Dillards and asked the attendants where the satin scarfs were.

DH got mad at me once and told me he hopes I never reach APL.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! And, this is why I do not share my hair goals/journey with SO. He already thinks he is a gynecologist. Talmbout, "labia majura" (he pronounces it this way...ugh) smh. Nevermind that I taught him all of the advanced knowledge about the vagina...lol. I do not need him policing my hair practices. Stay up out mines, bruh....!

I was at the BSS yesterday and this guy was educating these 2 young ladies that he was with where they can buy cheap braids. Additionally, where they can buy cheap braids and sell it to their friend who is always in braids. I was so through :nono:

Buy braids...I'm lost

Back