He SAID THAT IM NOT CUTE WITH MY TWA!!!!

Awww, I'm sorry that happened.

However, people have their preferences. I don't like short men at all, and I wouldn't like to get beat up about it. Maybe he really doesn't like the look. Who knows why? It could just plainly be what looks good to him.

It does show that he's pretty shallow (and kinda stupid because hair GROWS) but it's important to be attracted to the other person.

There will be other better men for you in the future :yep:

ITA!!!! Hope you didn't really like him OP.

Sorry guys I definately had to rant about this one... I met this guy in May and we've been talking on and off.. Well 2 weeks he called me and he wanted to see me, but I was in CT visiting until the 14th so I told him that he had to wait until I got back. We've been talking on the phone everyday since then. Well yesterday we were talking about going to the movies today and going to dinner afterwards. Then he asked for my myspace page so we exchanged. He was on the phone with me while he was looking at it and was like "Where is your hair???" I explained to him that I just cut it last month and that I was going to grow my naturally without a relaxer and blah blah... The phone got really quiet and he was like " So your bald headed now" :blush: I was like " No, my hair is actually to the bottom of my neck but I'm not going to straighten it until Christmas." Then the ignorance continued when he said " Well at least you don't have normal black people's hair!" I was thinking WTF!!! Then he was like "Let me call you back" I already knew that he wasn't going to call me back, but the Jesus in me told me to text him. So I sent him a text about an hour later saying " You seemed like you were discouraged to meet up tomorrow now because I have short hair. It's cool if you don't want to meet up anymore." I woke up this morning and he sent me a test saying " Nah, I'm not into that sort of thing, Sorry." He's definately an a$$ and I'm kinda glad that this happened so I can really see the personality of this guy but at the same time I'm a bit discouraged... Idk.. Just had to tell someone:nono:

:wallbash:

Man, forget that ignorant piece of s***

I tell ya, a man's true colors and all his insecurities really comes out when a woman goes natural or cuts off all her hair. That's why I am glad that I am natural now (before I meet my life partner) because I know that there will be no surprises about his chracter and ignorance later.

Good luck with your natural journey. You are beautfiful!!!! And trust me there are men out there that are interested in your natural beauty as well as the inner you and will not brainwashed by society or run for the door the minute you decide to do something different with your hair...whether it be relaxing it, cutting, colring it, or going natural

Last edited:
Sorry guys I definately had to rant about this one... I met this guy in May and we've been talking on and off.. Well 2 weeks he called me and he wanted to see me, but I was in CT visiting until the 14th so I told him that he had to wait until I got back. We've been talking on the phone everyday since then. Well yesterday we were talking about going to the movies today and going to dinner afterwards. Then he asked for my myspace page so we exchanged. He was on the phone with me while he was looking at it and was like "Where is your hair???" I explained to him that I just cut it last month and that I was going to grow my naturally without a relaxer and blah blah... The phone got really quiet and he was like " So your bald headed now" :blush: I was like " No, my hair is actually to the bottom of my neck but I'm not going to straighten it until Christmas." Then the ignorance continued when he said " Well at least you don't have normal black people's hair!" I was thinking WTF!!! Then he was like "Let me call you back" I already knew that he wasn't going to call me back, but the Jesus in me told me to text him. So I sent him a text about an hour later saying " You seemed like you were discouraged to meet up tomorrow now because I have short hair. It's cool if you don't want to meet up anymore." I woke up this morning and he sent me a test saying " Nah, I'm not into that sort of thing, Sorry." He's definately an a$$ and I'm kinda glad that this happened so I can really see the personality of this guy but at the same time I'm a bit discouraged... Idk.. Just had to tell someone:nono:

F**K HIM and his small mind!!!

Keep it movin'......:yep:

He's an *** and you're better off without him. You're adorable and your twa will grow into a BAA. Best to leave his moronic butt where ya found him. Sloped forehead and all.

Last edited:
Well by that response you know for sure that he isn't the one for you so at least you won't be wasting your time. Don't be discouraged.

I can't believe he just ended it like that though. How rude.

what an idiot. i would have sent a much angrier text message, lol!

anyways, don't be discouraged! your hair is BEAUTIFUL, and any guy that is that caught up on hair isn't that great of a guy in the first place.

Awww, I'm sorry that happened.

However, people have their preferences. I don't like short men at all, and I wouldn't like to get beat up about it. Maybe he really doesn't like the look. Who knows why? It could just plainly be what looks good to him.

It does show that he's pretty shallow (and kinda stupid because hair GROWS) but it's important to be attracted to the other person.

There will be other better men for you in the future :yep:

I was going to say something like this, but your response will suffice.

Sorry that he was so ignorant in his delivery but in actuality its about preference. It's better to know now than hear a wealth of snide comments later. There are men who can appreciate natural hair and there are those who can not.

Black men are always talking about how they want a real/natural woman. How real do we have to get?

I can't wait for the update to this post... the one when you are at goal length and looking like the hotness... and you bump into him somewhere. When he tries to holler you tell him "I'm not into that sort of thing, sorry." And breeze right past his butt with your long hair swangin'!:gorgeous:

All I can say about that type of man is EW!
He's that shallow, immature type that will never seem to get out of the highschool mentality.
It's good that you didn't waste your time on him!

I can't wait for the update to this post... the one when you are at goal length and looking like the hotness... and you bump into him somewhere. When he tries to holler you tell him "I'm not into that sort of thing, sorry." And breeze right past his butt with your long hair swangin'!:gorgeous:

LOL! That would be hilarious!

Truth and that is a whole different topic! I swear the minute I went natural every race of man and a few Blacks came a running. I never saw the change in Latin men, they liked natural or relaxed. I think with Black men it is much deeper than a preference. These stories are all too common and get worse when it comes to natural vs relaxed.

To the OP: Girl at least you found how sooner than later.

I will tell you I have attracked more clear men and other nationalities with my natural hair. Alot of black men seem to have issues with natural hair.:rolleyes::wallbash:

Well - honey bun.... Of course you are discouraged..I am so sorry:grouphug:...... But the Sooner you DUMP that extra 200lbs, the better off you will be.... :bricks:

PLEASE don't don't doubt your own beauty and the beauty of your curls and coils. Someone will like all of you :giveheart:- and not just something as superficial as how we wear our hair!

Just wanted to stop by and give a biiiig :hug3:. Please don't lose any sleep over this guy...he's not into short hair, and you're not into superficial jerks... end of story. Don't settle for any less than someone who will love and appreciate your natural beauty! :yep:

AWESOME!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

This just proves that if you have a child with a black/white/or other race of man or woman, to make sure that he does not have any hang ups with hair. What texture of hair did this guy have?

ITA with everyone, better you found out sooner than later. Someone else will come along that will be all up in your fro (I have a friend like that), so leave Mr. Man in the Dark Ages where he belongs! What a bootyhead. Rock your fro girl!

Back