Have your parents ever pushed you dating ..

DayStar

someone that does not meet your qualifications?

I wish my mom would stop. There is this guy who likes me, but IMO he isnt worth it. He is 30ish, no formal education, no kids, very bright, no ambition to further his education. Likes to stay up on "black" issues...and very knowledgeable. "Seems" comfortable with his current state and job :yawn:.

Where as I am the opposite. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?

I'm not going to settle :nono:

I stopped listening to my mom and quickly shut down most of her suggestions.

Found my man not long after that. :D

Nope, they never listen anyhows...:lachen:

I focus on supporting who they need to be in order not to settle.

Last edited:
my grandma...but the men were up to par by our standards--just facially challenged....i facially challenged ppl aint for me..friend..boo..etc

nah buddy...
im appreciative that grandma was looking out but nah----

my mom always pretty much knew who i was dating or seeing or etc
but im off the market and granny approves of him so it is all good now...lol

tons of well accomplished/intelligent/well put together facially challenged men granny try to hook me up with--lolol..bless her heart..smh

LOL....this is so not cool :(..too many mothers do this!!!! :wallbash:

My mom really wants me to marry within my culture (this is specifically why she is pushing the dude I described in my initial post), but I keep telling her Ill marry whomever the hell I want too :look:

Well, I'm 28 now but when I was growing up my parents didn't encourage my sisters and I to date. I'm still single but as the years have gone by my mom just thought a husband would fall from the sky :nono:.

Last edited:
Well, I'm 28 now but when I was growing up my parents didn't encourage my sisters and I to date. I'm still single but as the years have gone by my mom just thought a husband would fall from the sky :nono:.

You know I feel your pain... this seems to be pretty common.

Back