Have you had success with your hair growth by just keeping it simple?

Have you had success with your hair growth and health just by keeping it simple?

• Yes, I like to keep it simple

Votes: 448 94.7%
  • No,

Votes: 25 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I start doing alot of different things ton my hair within a short period of time, that is when I get breakage. Its best to do as little as possible to your hair...:yep:

Yep! KISS is the best for me. I remember my last semester of undergrad and all I did was put my hair in a 1/2 wig b/c I didn't have time to go to the salon. It's kinda gross but I did NOTHING to my hair for like 2 1/2 weeks or so at a time til I could go (I didn't do my hair myself at all then), but my hair grew sooooooo much and got even thicker (it was too thick at that time to begin with). Retention was crazy! I kept practically everything I gained.

I use lots of different products because variety is the spice of my life. Now I never really used growth aids per se, but cutting the heat out truly helped my hair retain length.
My routine seems simple enough to me, although I know there are ladies that use a few things and call it a day.

That could never be EmpressRi.

im not exactly sure what keeping it simple means. i deep condition, wash, and quicky condition every week and flat iron. through the week i moisturize and seal and wrap at night. is that considered kis.
i guess it would be compared to someone who washes and rollerset 2-3 times a week or constantly changes styles.
but i guess it wouldnt be compared to someone that co washes and wet buns every day.

yes. i think im going back to grease and braids. ill just add some kids organics lotion and a nice DC and be set:yep:

hopefully this will help me kick my PJ habit:look:

When I first joined LHCF I noticed many long haired ladies did very little to their hair. I wrote their regimen off assuming their hair was "good" or easy and nothing like mine. It took years to figure out that my hair wanted to be left alone too.

ot: shelli4018 your hair is soooooooooooooooo beautiful how do u get it that straight love it very bouncy and the volume omg

yeah KISS is great! as far as routine wise but i m glad i found a good medium for me. 2 pills daily and serum and wgo. deep cond every 2 weeks, touch up every 2 months so far so good i m happy

I am amazed when I see people have about 2 inches in two months. But I can not go through the hassle of all in which they try/do. I am a pj but only when it comes to shampoo and condition, I now want to try a couple of oils. That is it. I really can not bother with all that. I wash and deep condition once a week. Grease scalp day of washing and put moisturizer, oil as needed. Either b4 I wrap or every other day. Of course some oil sheen or hair polisher.

im not exactly sure what keeping it simple means. i deep condition, wash, and quicky condition every week and flat iron. through the week i moisturize and seal and wrap at night. is that considered kis.
i guess it would be compared to someone who washes and rollerset 2-3 times a week or constantly changes styles.
but i guess it wouldnt be compared to someone that co washes and wet buns every day.

You have a pretty simple regimen. That's the whole point about KISS.

You can still get good results without doing alot to your hair or using alot of products.

Yes: I poo, condition, ACV rinse at least twice a week--one of those includes a DC w/ dryer. No styling/leave-in products used when hair is braided, twisted or worn in any style that does not require combing. If I style my hair in a way that requires combing, I use S Curl (the spray) to provide slip. That's it!

Knowing about the KISS method and *doing* it is 2 totally different things. I admit that I love touching my hair. I am currently *trying* :look: to return back to the less manipulation method. Over the past week I have notice that I have a lot more time to do things than I did when I used to manipulate my hair daily. :yep: My husband and my daughter have much appreciation for the KISS method. :lol:

When i first joined I tried to do everything that was mentioned. I quickly realized that it was not for me. I have learned that keeping it simple works much better for me.

I have no choice but the KISS b/c I'm on a strict budget. I do buy shampoo and condish with natural ingredients, but my hair stays in a moisturized bun 90% or the time.

I have no choice but the KISS b/c I'm on a strict budget. I do buy shampoo and condish with natural ingredients, but my hair stays in a moisturized bun 90% or the time.
You tell me? :lachen: Same here and my hair thanks me for it. My hair loves to break/shed if I manipulate it too much or load it with product. As of now my routine is on an "as needed" basis, that way I can't make it mad.

My hair grows faster when I don't bother it. That means limiting how much I brush my hair and I never wear it in a pony tail or in a bun.

Definitely. When I BC'd last year, I was just doing too much to it. Trying everything when I only had *snaps fingers* this much hair. After I started working longer hours, I cut back drastically on quite a few things, especially when I realized my hair wasn't really benefiting from all the extra attention it was getting from me, anyway. I really simplified my routine, and my hair is thriving.

I think so, but i don't know any other way. I'm just not into putting alot of time and products in my hair.
I cowash during the week, wash and DC about once per week.
Moisturize and bun everyday. Oil scalp when necessary.
That's it! I like to keep it simple.

that is my routine as well. some people just do way too much.

Mines is very simple because i don't have time with work, gym, etc. And, I haven't had a relaxer since May. As of now, I am rocking a wig.

1. Cornrows. I pay my little cousin $25 to cornrow my hair once a month. I just started so this is my first month.

2. Co-wash/deep cond with MT and Suave Humectant (only when I take out my cornrows. I will only do this once per month - my hair is too thick and is growing too fast to be bothered with it.)

3. BT Oil on my scalp morning and night EVERYDAY.

It feels good to wake up in the morning and the only thing I have to do to my hair is put the BT oil on my scalp, spray with a leave it, put on my wig and walk out the door for work.

Now, to me, that is simple.

Simple for everyone is not the same

To me simple would be

wash and dc once/weekly then wrap or roller set.... during the week moisture when needed. That simple

Now I would say simple is different for everyone...

I wash dc airdry moisture and braid then put a wig on. I love to co-wash so I do that 2x a week. I would say thats not a lot but when I wasnt doing that before LHCF I couldnt retain anything.

I do what I feel is best and what I understand and have time for, dont care if its simple or not as long as it will benefit my hair.

Like someone said b4 if some of these things Im reading is simple then whats not simple? Which I agree with

but the ladies that wrote what they do then say yes I K-I-S-S......It may not be simple to you but its simple to them so simple is what you make of it

Yup that's why after talking to Sabino I decided to try his VERY simple regimne. Wash, condition, seal with sabino, blow dry or flat iron. I don't think it gets much simpler than that. Plus I'm sticking to the Matrix Sleek Look line only(I always keep a bottle of Kenra MC around- I can't let it go!!) but everything else I'm tossing out! I will try it for a year and see if it helps, so far so good:grin:. It's so nice not to spend half of my day on my head and still come out with great looking hair.

When I first stalked here I did WAY too many things to my hair and set myself back even more I truly believe simple works for me.

I totally agree (KEEP IT SIMPLE) all it take,
takin all them vitamins can ruine ur health,
buyin unnecessary products get thrown away
I promise i start buy everything on the hair board tha sound good so when i couldnt offord what i really wanted i start usin the CHEAPEST PRODUCTS my money can buy my hair start growin soo fast so i no longer a PRODUCT JUNKY my hair just as healthy without unneccessary products.

Honestly I think I'm tired of doing so much to my hair.

All the co-washing, buns, wigs, oils, growth aids, no heat etc. are starting to become to much. And with all this I still have had breakage, shedding, knots and damaged ends at times and I never wear my hair out.

I also like to keep it simple with weekly washing/deep conditioning; moisturizing/sealing ends; taking vitamins; wearing it off my shoulders and wearing a scarf at night. It's a easy routine to keep, and it's relatively inexpensive.

I highly suggest the Keep It Simple Method. WHY? because it works, all this extra stuff can be mind boggling sometimes and keep you off focus and contribute to laziness and I don't blame you if your regimen consists of a full rack of techniques and products. It also doesn't help when your just learning and you decide to try everything you see because if helped so and so and before you know your off the wall with stuff. Overall sticking to a simple routine that you can keep focus on can help you figure out what works and doesn't work for you and slowly you can add extra if it seems necessary. Keeping it simple is the way to go in my opinion.

Yes I have. And this is what I define as simple:
-washing with shampoo once a week
- DC once a week
- moisturizing with water-based moisturizer
-put leave-in conditioner in hair
- seal with oil
- style my hair
- scalp massage with a mixture of jojoba&peppermint oil

Don't know if this qualifies as 'simple', but it's simple enough for me.

definitely, especially with a low/no heat regimen. i used to go to the salon every two weeks and get my hair flat ironed. ever since i started to co-wash and do braidouts, and flat iron at most once a month, i have been able to retain all of my length

I totally agree (KEEP IT SIMPLE) all it take,
takin all them vitamins can ruine ur health,
buyin unnecessary products get thrown away
I promise i start buy everything on the hair board tha sound good so when i couldnt offord what i really wanted i start usin the CHEAPEST PRODUCTS my money can buy my hair start growin soo fast so i no longer a PRODUCT JUNKY my hair just as healthy without unneccessary products.

I agree.....I just threw away a bunch of conditioner that I haven't even used.....and I'm combining more conditioner to get rid of some of it.....what a waste of money, that' why I'm trying to find a simple regimen....and deal with that, I have one more set of shampoo and conditioner and I'm done, I'm just going to watch my hair grow......I can't deal with no more products!!!

I sure have, the most simplist things that have worked for me are:

-2x a day moisturizing/sealing
-No brushing ever!
-Wet bunning 99%
-No heat (accept when getting a touch-up)
-Co-washing at least once a week
-Dusting ends when needed

my hair does it's absolute best when i just leave it alone...i am now washing every 10-14 days, sealing with coconut oil and shea butter and basically twisting or braiding it and rolling the ends. my hair is doing great and is the longest it's ever been. i think i might even be at BSL now...

My hair only ask of me to :
1. keep my scalp clean and clog-free
2. keep it moisturized and conditioned
3. wear low-maintenance hair styles
And in return I get healthy hair that retains its length as it falls down my back.:yep:

When I first joined, my hair was damaged and breaking!

So it took awhile to restore my hair and scalp to a healthy state.....during that period I needed to do MORE- just to get my hair to back to normal!

Now that my hair is healthy......I can do LESS because my hair can do what it is meant to do without me screwing it up.

Extra treatments have a valuable purpose.....but everybody does not need to do them.

Back