Have you ever loved or been inlove with someone who did not feel the same?

Have you been there?

• No, Im afraid not

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Yes, I have I got passsed it though

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • I am in that situation now

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Someone feels that way about me

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

I can honestly say I have and its not a good feeling...very unhealthy. I had to fight with myself to let go and stop communication. It was hard to not respond to him when he finally decided to reach out to me.

has anyone else been here? what did you do to "get over" him?

Im quite sure there are some women who has nkt gone through this...its just thread to share experiences....

i still loved my ex even after he stopped loving me.

it took time. and i had to stop talking to him for a while.

There's a difference between in love and being infatuated with someone. No, on the love part, but yes, on the infatuated part. I can't imagine loving someone who didn't love me the same or more.

Sent from my lavish iPhone

YEP!

But I had the last laugh... He contacted me about 2 years after he pulled a disappearing act on me. By that time I was able to tell him I was happily married and out of the state. :yep:

A man told me he was no longer in love with me but he still loved me. I was like that is great and got me another man. I was glad he was honest. He tried to come back but I was gone gone gone. Boy bye.......... If you don't want me I shol don't want yo arse! Its a easy and simple move for me when it comes to unrequited love.

yep. it hit me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere for a guy i would never have expected to fall for. and once i realized i did and how quickly it happened, whatever grasp i could have had on the situation quickly flew out of my hands :lol:

i told him early on that i wanted there to be something more between us and he basically told me that he did not want a girlfriend. so i said ok. looking back, im not sure what the rationale was for hanging around knowing from day one he was not going to be able to reciprocate my feelings for him other than that both our cards were on the table and knowing where he stood - even if it wasnt in the same place as i was - was good enough for me. i think it was just that i gave myself permission to ride it out :ohwell:

so that first year was excruciating, but not in an entirely bad way. the feelings were intense and exquisite and i imagine most people want that feeling from a relationship (even if it's a "bad" one). some things hurt but overall i think i was enjoying the ride. the second year was probably the worst. i tried to let go, and couldn't. one time it got so bad i remember crying and begging for it to stop, to go away. i didnt want to feel the way i did and it was like i had no control over it. i couldnt make it go away. the third year he transferred schools so we didnt see each other as much, and that helped. then came some other issues and after that we tried a fourth year but it was perfunctory... it wasnt what it was anymore and since i had started grad school i was also drifting away for other reasons. the fifth year, i didnt feel anything anymore. i was done :yep:

i wonder if i was the kind of woman who would have hung on to false hope if i would still be wishing on some kind of fantasy. luckily i was always realistic about what was going on and mostly just needed to give it time to run out. when it did i just let it go. i remember the last time. he wanted to come over and i had moved and i wouldnt tell him where i was. we havent spoken since :ohwell:

yep. it hit me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere for a guy i would never have expected to fall for. and once i realized i did and how quickly it happened, whatever grasp i could have had on the situation quickly flew out of my hands :lol:

i told him early on that i wanted there to be something more between us and he basically told me that he did not want a girlfriend. so i said ok. looking back, im not sure what the rationale was for hanging around knowing from day one he was not going to be able to reciprocate my feelings for him other than that both our cards were on the table and knowing where he stood - even if it wasnt in the same place as i was - was good enough for me. i think it was just that i gave myself permission to ride it out :ohwell:

so that first year was excruciating, but not in an entirely bad way. the feelings were intense and exquisite and i imagine most people want that feeling from a relationship (even if it's a "bad" one). some things hurt but overall i think i was enjoying the ride. the second year was probably the worst. i tried to let go, and couldn't. one time it got so bad
i remember crying and begging for it to stop, to go away. i didnt want to feel the way i did and it was like i had no control over it. i couldnt make it go away. the third year he transferred schools so we didnt see each other as much, and that helped. then came some other issues and after that we tried a fourth year but it was perfunctory... it wasnt what it was anymore and since i had started grad school i was also drifting away for other reasons. the fifth year, i didnt feel anything anymore. i was done :yep:

I wonder if i was the kind of woman who would have hung on to false hope if i would still be wishing on some kind of fantasy. luckily i was always realistic about what was going on and mostly just needed to give it time to run out. when it did i just let it go. i remember
the last time. he wanted to come over and i had moved and i wouldnt tell him where i
was. we havent spoken since :ohwell:

Thanks for sharing your experience...i remember crying because I didnt wanna feel that way anymore......once you finally get the strength to let go of someone you know wasnt good for you its the best feeling ever! It def makes you stronger.

Last edited:
Been on both ends. Few things suck more than knowing someone you cared about so much didn't feel that way about you. I will never go through that again. I'd rather be by myself with some cats. or some dogs. maybe a fish or two.

Yeah...my last two "relationships" were that way.

I dealt with someone for almost 4 years who was just incapable of loving me the way I deserved. With the way he treated me, I doubt he ever truly loved me, if at all. The word "love" is empty if it fails to bring forth action. It took so long to let go because it was like an addiction...a drug. I knew he was bad for me, yet I hung on because I didn't want to detach myself from him and endure the pain of him not being in my life. I felt that as long as he was in my life in some way I could tolerate him. I loved him more than he could ever "love" me. We no longer speak because he cut me off, but if he tried to come back into my life, I cannot say I would care to ever communicate with him ever again anymore.

The other guy never loved me at all and it hurt a lot. Unrequited love is the worst feeling in the world.

Ya know, some people don't realize how much of a Blessing it is to find a human being to love, that actually loves you back...Really.

To love a person who does not reciprocate is one of the most torcherous things a person can go thru...It puts you in a position to be treated like a fool. Most of the time the paingiver takes full advantage of the situation and because we love them, we allow it, thinking everytimeee, this one timeee, "This is it, were gonna be happy"... :nono: Majority of the time, what you're looking for will never happen, at that point he has lost all respect for you for allowing it this long...But know this, as long as you allow it, he will continue and continue and continue to use you, to make himself feel like a king. Even if he has an iota of love for you, him being able to have his cake and eat it to, trumps all...

And sometimes He'll even get another woman, while you're waiting on the back burner, where you will remain...The only relief is for the receiver to walk away!

Last edited:
Ya know, some people don't realize how much of a Blessing it is to find a human being to love, that actually loves you back...Really.

To love a person who does not reciprocate is one of the most torcherous things a person can go thru...It puts you in a position to be treated like a fool. Most of the time the paingiver takes full advantage of the situation and because we love them, we allow it, thinking everytimeee, this one timeee, "This is it, were gonna be happy"... :nono: Majority of the time, what you're looking for will never happen, at that point he has lost all respect for you for allowing it this long...But know this, as long as you allow it, he will continue and continue and continue to use you, to make himself feel like a king. Even if he has an iota of love for you, him being able to have his cake and eat it to, trumps all...

And sometimes He'll even get another woman, while you're waiting on the back burner, where you will remain...The only relief is for the receiver to walk away!

i wonder about this. in my situation i think i justified it by saying he never disrespected me. he was not abusive or mean or hurtful. in fact there were probably a lot of times where he held back or bit his tongue because he didnt want to hurt my feelings. but he did take advantage of me and was inconsiderate of my feelings for him. and he shouldnt get credit for not being mean to me - why should he have done? he was getting on demand sex whenever he wanted it (and boyyyyyyyyyyyy it was good, all the time, and we both knew it.) i didnt blame him for that because i knew - we both knew - what the deal was and i was the one who chose to keep it going instead of walking away. there were a bunch of times where id try to leave it alone, and even a few where i told him to LET me walk away... and on those occasions he would and after awhile i would start it up again :rolleyes:

one time i must have said or did something, and he told me, you dont give yourself enough credit... and i knew from the start i had got in this position because i didnt feel like i was good enough for him so i had always been a step back from him, and demurred when i was around him... i didnt know he had noticed, OR that he knew (and that he knew that when i wasnt around him i was fully aware of it myself) i had great value that i deserted in his presence... i was downplaying myself for a man who was fully aware of it, and i imagine it did nothing to raise my esteem in his eyes.

Wrong thread!!!!

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

meesch said:

so that first year was excruciating, but not in an entirely bad way. the feelings were intense and exquisite and i imagine most people want that feeling from a relationship (even if it's a "bad" one). some things hurt but overall i think i was enjoying the ride. the second year was probably the worst. i tried to let go, and couldn't. one time it got so bad i remember crying and begging for it to stop, to go away. i didnt want to feel the way i did and it was like i had no control over it. i couldnt make it go away. the third year he transferred schools so we didnt see each other as much, and that helped. then came some other issues and after that we tried a fourth year but it was perfunctory... it wasnt what it was anymore and since i had started grad school i was also drifting away for other reasons. the fifth year, i didnt feel anything anymore. i was done :yep:

i wonder if i was the kind of woman who would have hung on to false hope if i would still be wishing on some kind of fantasy. luckily i was always realistic about what was going on and mostly just needed to give it time to run out. when it did i just let it go. i remember the last time. he wanted to come over and i had moved and i wouldnt tell him where i was. we havent spoken since :ohwell:

This pain feels like death.. Ugh thank God those days are over.

At the time I thought it was love and yes, it did hurt when it wasn't reciprocated.

I realize now that it wasn't real love. Didn't make it hurt any less though.

I have been in this situation and it is definitely heartbreaking. It wasn't love in the way that I see it bc love is easy and painless. I can look at the person with love now bc if the lessons that I learned.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BlueEra said:
Yeah...my last two "relationships" were that way.

I dealt with someone for almost 4 years who was just incapable of loving me the way I deserved. With the way he treated me, I doubt he ever truly loved me, if at all. The word "love" is empty if it fails to bring forth action. It took so long to let go because it was like an addiction...a drug. I knew he was bad for me, yet I hung on because I didn't want to detach myself from him and endure the pain of him not being in my life. I felt that as long as he was in my life in some way I could tolerate him. I loved him more than he could ever "love" me. We no longer speak because he cut me off, but if he tried to come back into my life, I cannot say I would care to ever communicate with him ever again anymore.

The other guy never loved me at all and it hurt a lot. Unrequited love is the worst feeling in the world.

I'm so crying right now!!!

When I was in my early to mid-twenties I was in love with a guy who didn't love me. It was excruciating! I hung in there, like a fool while he charmed me and slept around. He even slept with my roommate. Even that wasn't enough to make me let go. I kept seeing him and when I threatened to break up with him after finding some letters from his "ex-girlfriend" he told me he loved me. And in my foolishness I was filled with happiness. Later on he told me that he didn't mean the I love you at the time but just didn't want me to leave. That wasn't the end of my madness but I need to get a glass of wine before I continue my story.

When I was in my early to mid-twenties I was in love with a guy who didn't love me. It was excruciating! I hung in there, like a fool while he charmed me and slept around. He even slept with my roommate. Even that wasn't enough to make me let go. I kept seeing him and when I threatened to break up with him after finding some letters from his "ex-girlfriend" he told me he loved me. And in my foolishness I was filled with happiness. Later on he told me that he didn't mean the I love you at the time but just didn't want me to leave. That wasn't the end of my madness but I need to get a glass of wine before I continue my story.

WOW

Women go through so much...I had a discussion on FB about how(most) men dont respect women and I trully believe that.

not love but i felt very strongly for a guy who didnt give a **** about me. i had never experienced anything like that before and getting over that was one of the hardest things id ever done.

not love but i felt very strongly for a guy who didnt give a **** about me. i had never experienced anything like that before and getting over that was one of the hardest things id ever done.

It is hard! When I was twenty-eight I met a guy who I thought was perfect for me. We really clicked and had fun together. I kept hoping that he would start to want me as more than a casual date. But it was not to be. That's when I learned that if a man says he's not interested in a relationship, BELIEVE HIM!

Back