Have You Ever Considered Leaving Your Husband???

Thank you ladies for being so candid with the responses.

I'd like to know if there were any signs that your ex wasn't a keeper and if anyone tried to warn you ahead of time.

Do you still believe in the institution of marriage?

What would you go back and tell your old self prior to the marriage?

Serious questions, btw.
Everything my husband did at the beginning he also did at the end. He never changed. I just didn’t know how to protect my heart. Like he didn’t protect me much from the beginning. He would spend time with me but if he had to physically do something or spend money he couldn’t do that.

He didn’t help around the house from the beginning. He never did. I thought if I communicated it nicely he would but no.

The biggest warning I had is that I never met his family or friends. I met his grandmother at our wedding. Outside of that to this day I’ve never met his coworkers, friends, or outside family. He never wanted to show me off. Now I know men are possessive of who they want.

Thank you ladies for being so candid with the responses.

I'd like to know if there were any signs that your ex wasn't a keeper and if anyone tried to warn you ahead of time.

Do you still believe in the institution of marriage?

What would you go back and tell your old self prior to the marriage?

Serious questions, btw.

I believe in marriage, yes.

I'd say: "Don't uproot your life and leave everything behind for a man who wouldn't do the same for you".

After an agonizing 10 years of back and forth in my head (yes... 10!) I pulled the trigger. My kids? They TOLD me we needed to divorce. My son (20 y.o) was like "Finally...now we can move forward"; my daughter (14 y.o)? Homegirl high fived me o_O
There were signs very early on, but I didn't know myself (long, long story). I wanted it to work, hoped it would work, prayed if I changed it would work.. once I found myself I was like "Girl bye, we out!" but even then it took a while for it to register with me. Once my family (friends included) realized what was up, a couple encouraged me to stay, others were like "Girl bye, get out!!"
I believe in marriage, I love love and all that comes with it. I've dated a couple of times but I'm at the point where I'd like it to happen 'organically' which means ain't nuthin goin on hunty!!
Prior self: Heal the 'little you'; understand how worthy and beautiful you are. also know, your approval of yourself is paramount, no one else's matters.

Honestly I would tell my younger self to pay more attention to the signs. Recognize when a man shows you certain qualities, it is exactly who he is. Be more patient, good things come to those who wait.
Prior self: Heal the 'little you'; understand how worthy and beautiful you are. also know, your approval of yourself is paramount, no one else's matters.

Bless you. Needed this word TODAY.

Back