Has the steamer really made a difference in your hair?

Newbie here- I love this site- but I gotta tell you- it's toxic to my bank account. Since I joined, last month, I've already spent about 400$ in new products and equipment!!!! I am trying so many things, that it's hard to know what's really working...help me stop the madness!!!!!

Anyhow, question for the steamers- I got my Steamer from Evaonline earlier this week and was wondering, am I a wimp or what? The hottest temperature I could handle was the warm (toggle 2 on, toggle 1 off); Sweat was pouring off of me like a hooker at sunday service :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:spinning:. What setting are you guys using and for how long? Are you using plastic baggies or not.

Newbie here- I love this site- but I gotta tell you- it's toxic to my bank account. Since I joined, last month, I've already spent about 400$ in new products and equipment!!!! I am trying so many things, that it's hard to know what's really working...help me stop the madness!!!!!

Anyhow, question for the steamers- I got my Steamer from Evaonline earlier this week and was wondering, am I a wimp or what? The hottest temperature I could handle was the warm (toggle 2 on, toggle 1 off); Sweat was pouring off of me like a hooker at sunday service :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:spinning:. What setting are you guys using and for how long? Are you using plastic baggies or not.

Yes, I am doing the exact same thing and Girl you ain't lying about the heat. I know I am a cornball but I turn the knob on the visor to open the vent then when I "feel" cooler I close it again. I have been steaming for 30 minutes and so far I haven't been using a plastic cap. I just make four sections, add my deep conditioner, twist and gather the twist on top of my head as best as possbile sometimes I use extra conditoner to get the ends of each twist to stick in place. I now offically love this steamer and it makes my hair feel so good and smooth.

no plastic clap
slather on condish and go

i use to button 2 pressed on.. button 1 off

i didn't know that was warm.. what are the different settings?

no plastic clap

i didn't know that was warm.. what are the different settings?[/quote]

The instructions that came with the steamer were pretty awful, right? Somebody obviously "got took" by the translator. Anyhow, as I interpret:

Toggle 1 on, toggle 2 off: low temp
Toggle 1 off, toggle 2 on: medium heat
Toggle 1 and 2 on: high heat.

I didn't try the "low temp", though can vouch that having both toggles on is much hotter than having just toggle 2 on.

Last edited:
no plastic clap

i didn't know that was warm.. what are the different settings?

Hey SkinteeDeep,

How long and how often have you been steaming?

Have you noticed a drastic difference in your hair?

Does anybody have a Digital Steamer? I ordered one and it should be here by Tues.

I've always wanted to buy a hair steamer. But I will try the turbie method first. I hope this will help becaus emy hair is going snap crackle and pop right now.

I have a question for the ladies with steamers: are you using tap or distilled water and are you emptying the reservior of water after every use?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question for the ladies with steamers: are you using tap or distilled water and are you emptying the reservior of water after every use?

Thanks in advance.

Distill if you have hard water in your area. If you need to check to see if you do, Lowes has Free test strips to test your water :yep:.

Ordered a digital steamer...came last week...did not work and I sent it back. The replacement hood is to arrive tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I plan to only use distilled water to prolong the life of the unit and also because distilled water makes a huge difference w/my final rinse even w/a water filter.

Back