Huetiful Hair Steamer - Is It Really Worth It?

Well I'll say this..I tried mine today. I bought the huetiful hair mask and conditioner (the mask isn't bad but I wish it were more emollient, plus I used half the daggone jar).

I also put some of my ceramide oil mix on top. NO LITTLE HAIRS when all was said and done and I rinsed it out.

Plus using it wasn't bad, I had to borrow my mom's room which she knows nothing about cause her desk and chair was perfectly next to the outlet hehe but I just turned around to get the steam to my nape and that wasn't a problem.

Empressi Did you love it, for the lack of broken hairs or is it growing on you? Also how did you use it, on clean hair or pre poo?

I own a steamer and I love it. I didn't purchase a Huetiful steamer because of the shape of the hood - it's almost a perfect half circle with little to no inclination; it just seems like the back of my head/nape area would not get any steam. But there are other (cheaper) alternatives. I purchased mine here for $89 - it looks like they've sold out and the same item was re-listed here for $99. I like the standing one because I can adjust the height and the angle of the hood. I also just came across this one for only $55 (wish I would've seen it a couple of months ago when I got mine! Just can't attest to the quality of this one). Anyway, I think a steamer is a good investment. I also get a free facial in the process :).

Thanks sooo much! I had checked out the one on ebay and wondered if it would be any good since most only seemed to purchase the Huetiful. At $55 I wouldn't mind trying the steamer and would not be as hurt if I wasn't crazy about it as if I had spent over $100! I also found some other deals on that website. Thanks again!!!

Empressi Did you love it, for the lack of broken hairs or is it growing on you? Also how did you use it, on clean hair or pre poo?

Nix08 I don't really prepoo or do anything on unwashed hair :nono:

I liked it for lack of broken hairs, ease of detangling and styling afterwards, and my hair felt damn good as I was rinsing that deep treatment out!! lol

Plus I might be a weirdo but the steam felt kinda good on my head hehe.

I don't know if anyone posted this link yet, but its from The Natural Haven, a great resource.

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-myths-can-you-really-deep.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

You know... I came across this post a while ago, and it really had me thinking! I'm no scientist, so I can't really explain what happens to my hair after I deep condition with heat (hooded dryer or steamer), but it always feels way softer than if I hadn't used heat, and detangling is so much easier. So, maybe it's just in my head, lol, but I'll keep using my steamer :yep:.

For those that own one, does the back of your hair get steamed? I've found that with tabletop dryers the back of the dryer had poor circulation and so I'm wondering if the same concept applies here. Is the steamer adjustable?

I own a steamer and I love it. I didn't purchase a Huetiful steamer because of the shape of the hood - it's almost a perfect half circle with little to no inclination; it just seems like the back of my head/nape area would not get any steam. But there are other (cheaper) alternatives. I purchased mine here for $89 - it looks like they've sold out and the same item was re-listed here for $99. I like the standing one because I can adjust the height and the angle of the hood. I also just came across this one for only $55 (wish I would've seen it a couple of months ago when I got mine! Just can't attest to the quality of this one). Anyway, I think a steamer is a good investment. I also get a free facial in the process :).

thanks so much for your post! I am looking to purchase a standing steamer for Mother's day.

Last edited:
You know... I came across this post a while ago, and it really had me thinking! I'm no scientist, so I can't really explain what happens to my hair after I deep condition with heat (hooded dryer or steamer), but it always feels way softer than if I hadn't used heat, and detangling is so much easier. So, maybe it's just in my head, lol, but I'll keep using my steamer :yep:.

I know exactly what you mean! With just my little heating cap my hair detangles much easier and the conditioner seems to penetrate each strand while when I just use a plastic cap my hair just feels conditioned. I've only used a few products that work with no heat and just a plastic cap or require overnight conditioning and that was back when I had a TWA. Now to really condition I have to use a heating cap but this thread sold me to go all the way and get a steamer. They made it an offer I can't refuse!

A steamer has been on my wishlist but I'm now buckling down and doing the actual research to buy one. I know I definitely want one but I'm going back and forth between the Huetiful and a standing model (probably the personal-use one from salonsrus).

I like the Huetiful because the tabletop form factor is compact. Saving space is very important to me. In doing my research, I also learned that the company is black-owned, to which my knee-jerk response was "I'm in like Flynn!". But of course, there are drawbacks.

-I've already read plenty of accounts here that the hood is shallow and the steam doesn't reach the lower back/nape of your hair. My nape really needs that steam and I can imagine that having to straddle a chair backwards will be uncomfortable and tedious.
-The tabletop form factor means that you have to adjust yourself and your furniture to the streamer, instead of the other way around. Not ideal but I can work with it, I'm used to using a table top dryer and I have an adjustable office chair.
- I read several reviews on Amazon that stated that the steamer eventually starts to shut off prematurely.
- One of the reviews ranked "most helpful" on Amazon pointed out that the Huetiful is a modified version of this steamer that sells for $70. It's not uncommon for the same base product to be modified and sold by different companies at different prices but I'm trying to determine if Huetiful's product is worth the price premium.
-I'm also concerned with quality - some reviews state the Huetiful is well-constructed, while others stated that the unit feels very fussy and fragile when removing the basin.

As far as the standing steamers are concerned, it's mainly a space concern. I'm also concerned with quality.

I'm still leaning toward the huetiful because it has a return policy. First, I'll e-mail them to see if they plan on redesigning the hood. The product has been out for at least 2 years and that's the #1 complaint, so I would imagine that they'd want to address it.

You guys should mix a few drops of peppermint oil with your conditioner. The tingle under the steam feels amazing! :love:

funnily enough the conditioners from huetiful have peppermint oil in them, i was like wow my head feels tingly. it does feel good with it under the steamer.

A steamer has been on my wishlist but I'm now buckling down and doing the actual research to buy one. I know I definitely want one but I'm going back and forth between the Huetiful and a standing model (probably the personal-use one from salonsrus).

I like the Huetiful because the tabletop form factor is compact. Saving space is very important to me. In doing my research, I also learned that the company is black-owned, to which my knee-jerk response was "I'm in like Flynn!". But of course, there are drawbacks.

-I've already read plenty of accounts here that the hood is shallow and the steam doesn't reach the lower back/nape of your hair. My nape really needs that steam and I can imagine that having to straddle a chair backwards will be uncomfortable and tedious.
-The tabletop form factor means that you have to adjust yourself and your furniture to the streamer, instead of the other way around. Not ideal but I can work with it, I'm used to using a table top dryer and I have an adjustable office chair.
- I read several reviews on Amazon that stated that the steamer eventually starts to shut off prematurely.
- One of the reviews ranked "most helpful" on Amazon pointed out that the Huetiful is a modified version of this steamer that sells for $70. It's not uncommon for the same base product to be modified and sold by different companies at different prices but I'm trying to determine if Huetiful's product is worth the price premium.
-I'm also concerned with quality - some reviews state the Huetiful is well-constructed, while others stated that the unit feels very fussy and fragile when removing the basin.

As far as the standing steamers are concerned, it's mainly a space concern. I'm also concerned with quality.

I'm still leaning toward the huetiful because it has a return policy. First, I'll e-mail them to see if they plan on redesigning the hood. The product has been out for at least 2 years and that's the #1 complaint, so I would imagine that they'd want to address it.

andromeda
Its a bit of a crap shoot. I bought a standing steamer off of Amazon. It leaked, so I contacted the company. They refunded the money and let me keep the model instead of shipping it back.

Which ever choice you make, make sure the you are able to return or exchange it with problems.

I have a SalonRus steamer, and I love it. I paid $150 for it and would pay it again without any hesitation if anything happened to it.

Hellooo

I don't have the huetiful steamer but i got a look a like..
I've got the steamer for a year now and it is the best thing i ever purchased. It helps my hair to retain moisture...and that's quite difficult with my bleached hair..
It's all about the steam baby LOL :yep::yep::yep::yep:

Last edited:
Lol, I love China. They can reverse engineer anything! :lol:

I know there are plenty of ladies still interested in purchasing a steamer but do not want to pay for $125. Amazon has one that appears to be the SAME model as the Huetiful version called a Secura Hair and Facial Steamer with Ozone Technology for $69.99 with FREE SHIPPING!

I bought a Heutiful Steamer for two reasons -

(1) Storage - I don't have room for a standing steamer in my shoebox-size apartment. I prefer the quality and power of the larger models, but until I move into a bigger space its not happening. The Heutiful is very compact and I can remove the dome and store the kit in my closet in two pieces. It is out of the way when not in use, like my hood hair dryer.

(2) Shipping & availability in Canada - It is hard to find a good steamer in Canada for a reasonable price. I simply cannot hand over money for a steamer that I can find state-side for half or a third of the price. Unfortunately, few resellers are willing to ship to Canada and those that do charge ridiculous rates for shipping. By the time you pay all that, you might as well pay the price they charge in Canada. Heutiful had a simple and uncomplicated shipping process and because they sent it by US/Canada post, I didn't have to pay brokerage fees or additional taxes.

That said, I find it to be a very good device and it is a fantastic addition to my DC regimen (although its the only steamer I've ever used, so can't really compare to others). My hair is still short so this opinion may change when there is more hair that needs steaming as I may find that it isn't powerful enough. I use it once per week and I don't regret the purchase at all.

Huetiful LLC

8:31 AM (9 hours ago)

to me
Dear Huetiful Community,

I take my customer's experience very seriously. As a small minority-owned business that doesn't have the big budgets of large corporations, we rely on the endorsements and positive experiences of our customers to help spread the word about our product. Huetiful has been built on providing exceptional customer service, producing products that do what they promise to do, and maintaining a great relationship with our customers.

Recently, Huetiful has received a spike in customers receiving steamers with broken plastic hair hoods. We manufacture the hair hood and carefully package it in protective Styrofoam to ensure that it doesn't break. Upon exploration, I learned that the warehouse facility that stores and ships our products on Huetiful's behalf had changed its packing process and had begun to pack our product with packing paper instead of protective air bubbles.

I am writing because I want to make you aware that if you received the your steamer in a packing paper stuffed shipment between November 1st and December 13th, you may have a damaged hood inside the box. As some of you purchased the steamer as a holiday gift, I wanted to personally make you aware so that you can check before you send or give the gift to someone and suffer a bad gift giving experience. To
date, less than 5% of shipments that we have sent between November 1st and December 11th have been reported damaged. Nonetheless, 5% is 5% too much for Huetiful's standards. We have gone back to having our product packed the proper way - effective December 12th.

The last day that we can take replacement requests and guarantee delivery before Christmas is on Sunday, December 18th. We will replace the hoods after this date, but cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.

As always, all Huetiful replacements are shipped to at no cost to the customer for the first one year of ownership. Please let us know if you need a replacement by sending your full name and order number to [email protected] or opening a ticket at www.behuetiful.com/deskpro with the subject - Broken Hair Hood and your full name and order number in the body of your message. We will immediately ship a replacement Huetiful Hair Hood to you.

I sincerely appreciate your business and understanding.

Ken Burkeen
Founder and President
Huetiful, LLC

Lol, I love China. They can reverse engineer anything! :lol:

I bought a Heutiful Steamer for two reasons -

(1) Storage - I don't have room for a standing steamer in my shoebox-size apartment. I prefer the quality and power of the larger models, but until I move into a bigger space its not happening. The Heutiful is very compact and I can remove the dome and store the kit in my closet in two pieces. It is out of the way when not in use, like my hood hair dryer.

(2) Shipping & availability in Canada - It is hard to find a good steamer in Canada for a reasonable price. I simply cannot hand over money for a steamer that I can find state-side for half or a third of the price. Unfortunately, few resellers are willing to ship to Canada and those that do charge ridiculous rates for shipping. By the time you pay all that, you might as well pay the price they charge in Canada. Heutiful had a simple and uncomplicated shipping process and because they sent it by US/Canada post, I didn't have to pay brokerage fees or additional taxes.

That said, I find it to be a very good device and it is a fantastic addition to my DC regimen (although its the only steamer I've ever used, so can't really compare to others). My hair is still short so this opinion may change when there is more hair that needs steaming as I may find that it isn't powerful enough. I use it once per week and I don't regret the purchase at all.

Where did you buy it from that had shipping to Canada? The Heutiful website?

I've never bought or tried one, but I think it would be counter productive for someone with fine normal to hi po hair.

I need my cuticles to bow/lay down.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Back