Has anyone with shoulder or shorter hair tried...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Macherieamour techinques for blowing out roots and wrapping the hair. I have my hair in braids right now and probably will have them in braids until next year but after looking at her videos I so want to try her techinques.

I am just now sure how my hair would look because it is around shoulder and some points and neck at other points. I have never been able to wrap my hair to get body so I really would love to try this when I take my braids out before I get a another set.

So has any short haired ladies tried to do the wrap or the blow drying.

I've tried the silk wrap and wrapping and they worked GREAT I think (avatar)! It's not difficult at all. I JUST started doing my own hair. Her techniques are very easy to follow. The silk wrap gives great body to my hair. The wrapping helps keep the look untill my next wash. HTH!

LadyR said:
Macherieamour techinques for blowing out roots and wrapping the hair. I have my hair in braids right now and probably will have them in braids until next year but after looking at her videos I so want to try her techinques.

I am just now sure how my hair would look because it is around shoulder and some points and neck at other points. I have never been able to wrap my hair to get body so I really would love to try this when I take my braids out before I get a another set.

I tried it. My hair is SL (although I won't call it short;) ) and because I am many weeks post I tried to blow out my roots. It worked a little but Macherieamour made it look super easy. Maybe because my hair is thick I couldn't get the roots as smooth but overall I liked it, plus it was my first blowout and first rollerset. I think I'll get better with practice and a touchup.:grin: Sorry, no advice about hair not having body. Mine has a body and mind of it's own- sometimes it stands straight up and just waves to the people on the bus.:lachen:

Last edited:
Yep! The pic in my avatar is one shot of the results. I rollerwrapped just like Macherieamour. Using that same type of roundbrush she uses is way easier than w/the boar bristle brush. However, I do like the results I get from flat ironing better, just because I am not relaxed bone straight, but it's not that much of a difference.

HTH :)

ETA: Wrapping from the back is waaaayyyy easier to do then that uninformed way I was doing it before...The body in the hair I get is so nice!!!

Last edited:
LadyR said:

Wrapping is good, but the thing you have to be careful for is it can cause breakage in the front part of your hair line for certain people. For me when I wrapped my hair, parts of the front part of my hair line started getting sore and then thinning out. Like if I wrapped to the left, the right side of my hair line was sore, same if I wrapped to the right.

I also tried the blowing out the roots, but found that flat ironing on the lowest setting did the same trick. :)

So for my hair it didn't work :ohwell: , but for some it does, like Macherieamour's beautiful tresses. :)

Keclee23 said:
Wrapping is good, but the thing you have to be careful for is it can cause breakage in the front part of your hair line for certain people. For me when I wrapped my hair, parts of the front part of my hair line started getting sore and then thinning out. Like if I wrapped to the left, the right side of my hair line was sore, same if I wrapped to the right.

I also tried the blowing out the roots, but found that flat ironing on the lowest setting did the same trick. :)

So for my hair it didn't work :ohwell: , but for some it does, like Macherieamour's beautiful tresses. :)

Keclee, when you wrap do you start from the back, like MCA? B/c I actually didn't experience the soreness that you mentioned when I did it that way, but I always did when I did it the old way (starting from the side) No one ever really showed me how to wrap, so this was new and exciting to me.

artemis_e. said:
Keclee, when you wrap do you start from the back, like MCA? B/c I actually didn't experience the soreness that you mentioned when I did it that way, but I always did when I did it the old way (starting from the side) No one ever really showed me how to wrap, so this was new and exciting to me.

No I didn't do it from be back only because I liked the parted look. I'll try it though and see.

Keclee23 said:
No I didn't do it from be back only because I liked the parted look. I'll try it though and see.

I believe that macheriemour has a part even if she though she starts at the back.

I would say I'm about ear/chin length. I've tried her wrapping technique [parting down the middle, and starting from the back], and it's worked fine for me. However, I just tried it after getting a fresh relaxer. I don't know how it would look like after being a couple weeks post relaxer. Pics in album.
I'm trying to cut out as much heat as possible so I'm kinda hesitant with blowing out the roots.
HTH!

Back