Has anyone tried the new Lok N Blok (new formula of Sabino Moisture Block)

dlove

I was just about to order some, but not without the input from my LHCF sisters:yawn:.

Sabino is offering free shipping until December.

Let us know how it worked for you.

TIA

I was just about to order some, but not without the input from my LHCF sisters:yawn:.

Sabino is offering free shipping until December.

Let us know how it worked for you.

TIA

It's okay. I like the old formula better. The new formula is easier to distribute throughout wet hair but it makes my hair dry and dull. The old formula made my hair so soft and shiny! They've lost a customer I won't ever purchase anything from them again.

^^^^^Soooo not wanting to hear that. I thought the old one was great too. Lately when I use it, it just didn't do my hair justice. I got puffiness the very next day unlike when I first started using it back in 07-08.

Veejee, are you going to give it another try? Did you do anything different with your regimen when you applied it?

Oh well. Keep it coming ladies...

Last edited:
Have never tried but if the reviews keep coming in bad looks like I won't. UGh I want to straighten my hair in the summer or whenever and I have been wanting to try this for years. SERIOUSLY why do companies keep messing with a good thing?

WHAT!!!! NO!!! Don't tell me they changed the formula already, I was about to buy two bottles, what the heck, I need a replacement for my Soft and beautiful Thermal Straightening Lotion.....I guess I gotta find something else.

I have never tried sabino. Now that it is winter I was just thinking of ordering some. But Lok n Blok wtheck. Who thought of that stupid name? Maybe I will try aveda anti humectant.

I received an email from Diane a couple of weeks ago; she said Lok n Blok won't be available until the holidays.

^^^^^Soooo not wanting to hear that. I thought the old one was great too. Lately when I use it, it just do didn't do my hair justice. I got puffiness the very next day unlike when I first started using it back in 07-08.

Veejee, are you going to give it another try? Did you do anything different with your regimen when you applied it?

Oh well. Keep it coming ladies...

Dlove,

I tried it like four times and all I wanted to do was kick Mr. Sabino himself dead in his crack for messing up that formula. If you try to use a leave in or ANYTHING with it you get horrible flakes so I followed the directions to the "t" the next three times and I'm still like :nono:.

They need to keep that new formula on Lok-down and I'm gonna Blok it from ever touching my head again.

Dlove,

I tried it like four times and all I wanted to do was kick Mr. Sabino himself dead in his crack for messing up that formula. If you try to use a leave in or ANYTHING with it you get horrible flakes so I followed the directions to the "t" the next three times and I'm still like :nono:.

They need to keep that new formula on Lok-down and I'm gonna Blok it from ever touching my head again.

FLAKES? Noooooo! Darn it, I just started loving it this summer...
icon9.gif
I had a feeling it was going to stink so I stocked up on 4 extra bottles. I guess that will be enough time to find something else.

i found something cheaper than SMB and works just as well. It is called Cowboy Magic. It has silk amino acids too, so it makes my hair really silky as well as a stopping it from reverting. I'm natural btw.

i found something cheaper than SMB and works just as well. It is called Cowboy Magic. It has silk amino acids too, so it makes my hair really silky as well as a stopping it from reverting. I'm natural btw.
I know exactly what you are talking about. It is called Detangle and Shine. It is very concentrated. It is made for horses. You can get a big bottle for really cheap. I am going to have to stop by the horse supply to pick some up. http://cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html

They also have a Rose Water shampoo and conditioner.

Ya'll got me trying all kinds of stuff LOL Cowboy magic. Wow.

How do you use it?

Well off to google it.

I have never used it on my own hair, but I would think you would use like any other serum.

Here's the ingredients:
Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Ethylhexy Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance.

I used it during the winter months on my twists and it made them very soft.

Now what would possess a company to change a product that has NOT been on the market for even 3 years yet? I smell something very foul here.

It's okay. I like the old formula better. The new formula is easier to distribute throughout wet hair but it makes my hair dry and dull. The old formula made my hair so soft and shiny! They've lost a customer I won't ever purchase anything from them again.

Veejee, how did you order it? I got an email too, but there wasn't a link for it and it's not on http://www.sabinohair.com/ yet?

btw, they're still selling the old MB there.

just ordered the old formula of sabino. I'm crossing my fingers ya'll. Does this make your hair dry, when it's in? If I try to moisturize it will my hair not respond?

oh you've GOT to be kidding me! :cry:

I will be on the hunt for the old stuff...

might look into this as well... :look:

WHAT????????????? they have changed the formula???? I cannot believe it... All that TALK about - "we have worked very hard for this formula".....

Phssss.

I am glad I have a couple of bottles.... I don't use it for heat anyway.

:nono:
SmDh......

This stuff is the BOMB!!!! I luv luv luv this stuff! I REFUSE to put anything else on my hair!!! I have naturally curly hair and this is the ONLY product that will allow me to get my hair rollerset and I can go out in the weather in the dampness and still rock a straight style! I LOVE IT! I have no problems with it at all!! Its worth every penny! In the summer before I found out about it, I could only wear my hair in wash n go's. I can't wait until this summer so I can wear my hair straight as well. SABINO ROCKS!!!

i tried the new lok n blok....its ok. I like both formulas. I will see how it holds up this weekend through the rain!

What are ya'll talking about? I never tried the old formula. Even when I ordered this about a month ago it still had the same four ingrediants, they just changed the name and put it in the different bottle that's all!
I am telling ya'll this is ALL I put on my hair. My hair needs no moisturizer or anything after this stuff is on! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! What's not to love?

Back