Has anyone tried the new Lok N Blok (new formula of Sabino Moisture Block)

Yeah, it IS supposed to have only 2 ingredients.

From what I understood, they changed the bottle but not the ingredients...and the only place you can order the real stuff is from their website.

I still have some of the old bottle under the old name...and I hope it has not changed. I hate to even have to write Diane. ARRGGGGHHHH......

The old Sabino is THE BOMB!!!

It seems like horse products are the new human products. Love MT. Maybe I will love Cowboy Magic too....

:wallbash: @ Sabino, possibly :grin: @ Cowboy Magic and generally :nono: @ having to change my regimen at all....

cj

Freak! I used this 'lok and blok' and I got heat damage. Even though I didn't put the product on wet hair thoroughly, I certainly put it on my dry hair thoroughly before flat ironing. How can I get my money back?

Freak! I used this 'lok and blok' and I got heat damage. Even though I didn't put the product on wet hair thoroughly, I certainly put it on my dry hair thoroughly before flat ironing. How can I get my money back?

You can contact Diane at Sabino, but I'm not sure they will refund you, if you didn't follow the instructions exactly. It's suppose to lock in moisture on your wet hair before flatironing so I'm not sure applying it to dry hair at the recommended temperature is safe. I wouldn't definitely try contacting the company to see what they can do. On another note, I tried the new formula (4 ingredients) and I don't like it as much and the old formula. It didn't leave my hair with that moisturized feeling I normally get. Actually, it felt coated. It may be that I need to clarify so I plan to do that and give it another try.

You can contact Diane at Sabino, but I'm not sure they will refund you, if you didn't follow the instructions exactly. It's suppose to lock in moisture on your wet hair before flatironing so I'm not sure applying it to dry hair at the recommended temperature is safe. I wouldn't definitely try contacting the company to see what they can do. On another note, I tried the new formula (4 ingredients) and I don't like it as much and the old formula. It didn't leave my hair with that moisturized feeling I normally get. Actually, it felt coated. It may be that I need to clarify so I plan to do that and give it another try.
I put it on both wet and dry hair and still amazingly got heat damage:wallbash:
I want a refund!!

I just received 3 bottles from Amazon for $7.45 per bottle. With shipping, I paid $31.15. Its the original formula with 2 ingredients. Now that I have tried this stuff I don't ever want to be without it. Its the first time that I have done a successful flat iron on my daughter's super thick hair. Tomorrow will be a week & after standing at the bus stop for the past 3 days in drizzling rain, her hair is still looking good. In the past, she could walk across a hot room & her hair would revert.

i just posted on their forum and i'm waiting to see their response regarding the complaints reported in this thread. I am afraid to use the new product now :(. I hope y'all are exagerrating.

If the old formula is on Amazon, I will get that. Or....maybe a 2-product protectant at Ulta...looks exactly like Sabino's original formulation. I just can't recall the name of the manufacturer.

cj

^^^^^ I don't have the ingredients on me but I'll try to find my bottle.

OP, I just ordered this about 3 weeks ago and it is the new formula. I also called Diane and told her how some of the ladies on the forum were very disappointed in the way that the new formula works. She was actually very concerned with some of the ladies reviews and assured me that the new formula was only an improvement and would not take leave my hair dry, brittle, or damaged.

Long story short, I bought it and loved it!!! :grin::yep: I am currently transitioning to natural and I'm currently 10 months post and it got my hair very nice and straight. It really felt like I had a fresh relaxer. (I would post pics but I didn't take any). I even flat ironed my hair with the bathroom door closed so it would be hot in there an cause my hair to possibly sweat, and it still looked great. I didn't even need to retouch it throughout the two weeks I hadn't washed my hair.

I think the mistake that some ladies might be making is that they are either applying too much product, applying product to the scalp, or applying product on top of anything other than freshly washed and conditioned hair, or a combination of all three. I hope this helps someone. :)

I used the new formula and got heat damage. I am so disgusted.

Several things could've gone wrong:
1) I am not experienced at doing my own hair
2) I flat ironed at a low temperature instead of the recommended 450.

But still, I would've expected this product to prevent me from getting those nasty straight ends. I'm gonna see if I can get a refund.

^^heat damage?! i wanted to buy this and searched the archives only to find this information?! aw man!

kurlybella, I've not used the new formula (I think the original is still available) and can vouch that I don't have heat damage at all.

kurlybella, I've not used the new formula (I think the original is still available) and can vouch that I don't have heat damage at all.

thanks dak. i have a window open to amazon right now and i can get two bottles of the original for $18.90. i think i'm going to order it. i keep switching windows to read reviews on here before i hit submit on my order.

i want to wear my hair straight but my 4a/b hair will revert so easy - my roots really. so i hope this works.

That's a great price for two bottles, plus, unless you spill it :look: it will last forever. I use it in sections on my hair as I flat iron, each section only takes barely a dimes worth.

Back