Has anyone tried Carols Daughter?

santia

I'm interested in purchasing some thing's from the website, but I'm not sure what to get.
Here's what I want to try:
Some of Marguerite's Magic
Tui Leave-in Conditioner
Lisa's Hair Elixir
Khoret Amen Shea Butter Hair Smoothie

I tried her products and they all seem to have the same ingredients to me just a different Name. But some use her products and have great experience, I wanted to try her hair oil but it is too expensive for me right now. My hair does not like beeswax at all.

If you use it Post your result!

santia said:
I'm interested in purchasing some thing's from the website, but I'm not sure what to get.
Tui Leave-in Conditioner
Lisa's Hair Elixir

Marguerite's Magic was too heavy for my hair. Lisa's Hair Elixir is nice (has a great peppermint smell)

The only problem with CD is the price. I bought both of these products at the same time for $34 :ohwell:

CD has a great product line, but I found better and cheaper products.

santia said:
Tui Leave-in Conditioner
Lisa's Hair Elixir

I use to be a CD fanatic until I joined LHCF and really started to feel how heavy my hair was after using her products. My stylist use to complain to me about the products also but i wouldnt listen. CD 's products tend to put weight on your hair. I've tried the Tui leave-in conditioner and my hair felt so stiff. The only product that i still use is the Lisa's Hair Elixir, if used sparingly it gives your hair a nice shine and moisture. great for children's hair also.HTH

NappyParadise said:
I tried her products and they all seem to have the same ingredients to me just a different Name. But some use her products and have great experience, I wanted to try her hair oil but it is too expensive for me right now. My hair does not like beeswax at all.

If you use it Post your result!
What she said...it seems like they are all the same, just one thing different on the ingredients list or in a different place. My relaxed hair was not feeling the beeswax. It made it oilly, heavy, no movement :ohwell:. I think it attracted dirt/buildup quicker too so now i only use her Healthy Hair Butter to hold down fly-aways.

naturallady said:
I've used her stuff before and it was okaaaay. I dint repurchase if that answers your question.

OT: I LOVE YOUR SIGGY!!!! Your baby is so adorable!

I tried the healthy hair butter and the hair balm. Both of them were to greasy for my relaxed hair. I could not stand the smell of the hair balm, but the hhb was not so bad.

I got the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner in a product swap. It's okay. It smells great, and is liquid, so if you like liquid, lightweight leave-ins, you might like this. I mix it with Giovanni Direct, as I prefer creamier leave-ins.

I really want to try the Shea Butter Smoothie. I'm broke right now, unfortunately!

OT: I agree with TSUprincess04, naturallady, your siggy is so CUTE!!

I used Some of Marguerite's Magic and the Healthy Hair Butter. Some of Marguerite's Magic was okay and didn't leave too much of a buildup. The Healthy Hair Butter seemed way too heavy for my hair and the smell made me wheeze. I moved on from Carol's Daughter products because I found better products that cost less.

My 1st use of the Healthy Hair Butter gave me an asthma attack.:eek:

After spending 6 hours in the emergency room and with a bill over $300.00 I went home. :( I did not kick it to the curb, I went to the curb and dropped it in the sewer.:lachen:

fletgee said:
My 1st use of the Healthy Hair Butter gave me an asthma attack.:eek:

After spending 6 hours in the emergency room and with a bill over $300.00 I went home. :( I did not kick it to the curb, I went to the curb and dropped it in the sewer.:lachen:
:eek: OMG!!!! Thats terrible!

Back