Has anyone "jumped the gun"?

poookie

FYI: jump the gun: "to do something too soon, especially without thinking carefully about it"

I'd love to hear from anyone that knew their S/O less than 6 months before deciding to get married.

Or from those that knew less than 6 months into the relationship that he was the ONE.

Did you feel you made a mistake?
Were you happy with your decision?
If you could go back, would you do it all again? What would you change?

Please share your experiences!!! :grin:

My SO asked my mother for my hand in marriage about a couple of months into our relationship. We've been together 6 months and are currently engaged.

Although, I wouldn't say we jumped the gun though.

My ex told me about a week after initially coming to be that i would be his wife. I told him a month later i loved him first. but i guess i knew he loved me too.

I'd love to hear from anyone that knew their S/O less than 6 months before deciding to get married.

Or from those that knew less than 6 months into the relationship that he was the ONE.

Did you feel you made a mistake?
Were you happy with your decision?
If you could go back, would you do it all again? What would you change?

Please share your experiences!!!
I do regret the way that I came on to him and how I chose to word what I was trying to say. And the timing was all wrong :nono:
I'm okay with my decision, but I really do miss him and I really liked where we were at and where I thought we were headed. I just wish I would have waited to have that convo later on....:ohwell:
If I could go back, I would just have told him that I loved him rather than getting scared and basically just coming at him in the wrong way...surprisingly, I don't think about him or the situation that much these days even though it happened maybe like 2 weeks ago or so.

I just think it's crazy how it took me 3 or so months to really fall for him and in one message, I lost him. Might just be one of thee saddest days of my life as an adult. I had big plans for me and him, just didn't time them right.

And my situation surrounds an ultimatum type of situation and being a little too aggressive with my choice of words.

Thanks people for sharing your experiences. I think i'm about to jump the gun myself...

& it seems like the general consensus is that there always seems to be negative consequences. :scratchch

uh oh...

Ok, I'll bite.

I knew my DH about 6 months before we got married. He told me that he loved me first around 2 months, told me that he wanted to marry me around 4 months (I kinda knew that he was serious, but boy, I didn't KNOW!).

He surprised me with a marriage proposal while on a dinner cruise at 6 months and 4 weeks later we went to the Justice of the Peace 'cause I was buying a house and I did not want to live together without being married.

We had a big wedding one year later on the same date. It was nice as there was no stress 'cause we were already married so it was a big party!

We didn't have children for several years as we were working on our careers.

Regrets? Nah! I have a fantastic DH and he is a very loving father! We will have been married for almost 10 years and it is getting better. We have had our ups and downs of course, but I would do it again. :yep:

You know what is interesting is that he was not someone that I would usually date.

Last edited:
Back