Has Anyone Here Ever Dated A Widower?

If so how long had it been since he lost his wife? How was your relationship?
Not technically a Widower, but his live-in girlfriend of about 8 yrs (lived together for 3 yrs), died from Sickle cell. It had been less than a year when he began dating me. He made previous attempts (friends would send women his way) but he felt he wasn't ready...I didn't know so little time had passed... I was a little bothered by not knowing. In a nut shell, the relationship didn't last... He was still a mess...I think still depressed...he didn't begin going to intense therapy until we broke up. Also, I do not think the relationship would have lasted very long whether he experienced a loss or not. I think he was a jerk even before her passing. My advice.... Check yourself.... Are you a fixer? Don't sacrifice your own happiness trying to fix or nurse someone else's wounds.

I went out on a few dates with one. It was too soon. She had only been gone for 6 months.He had some vices. I couldn't tell if he was drinking and smoking to remember or to forget.

No. I don't think I could just because I wouldn't want to deal with the constant comparison to the deceased.

If so how long had it been since he lost his wife? How was your relationship?
Yes. Someone I met his wife died of breast cancer right after their baby was born. I met him 2 years afterwards. I was the first he dated after her death. It was difficult because I could tell he still wasnt ready. I hoped it would work because he was a great guy and I love children and cant have them so his 2yr old would have been a great addition for me. In the end he just needed more time. He had pics of her everywhere and would go into bouts of depression.

Back