Has Anyone Grown Their Hair Past SL/APL with Color in the hair??

Candy1978

I was wondering how many of you had a previous color job, highlights, etc., and grew you hair out. I don't color my hair currently, but I did color it about a year ago,and It is growing out, it is to the point where my hair at the ends is color, and I don't plan on really trimming my hair until I get past SL. I would like some feed back, from those of you growing your hair out with previous color, do you thin I should just cut all the color out? It would be about 3 in of hair if I did

Me raises hands....
i died by hair jet black in march cuz i was tired of my 3 tone hair ... I had bleach highlights with dark golden blonde all over so the bleach parts were lighter.... when i died it black in march i had to use a lifter with it cuz without it the highlight parts still shown through.....
Trust when i say I kept my hair DRC'ed up faithfully :lol: and deep condition faithfully to get my hair back back strong.... now my hair is all one color again.... i only use rinse or semi-perm. that are ammonia and peroxide free to freshen my hair up ... i think if i ever want to go lighter again ill wait till next year.... or i might try henna for a redder hue

i got my hair highlighted last summer around this time. For now i'm just gonna let the color grow out. My friend gave me a trim the other and noticed that my hair is breaking off where the color is. Well you live and you learn, first time i've ever gotten color in my life. Maybe when i learn how to correctly go about it, i will try again. Let me see if i can find a pic..
th_th12-24-06-45.jpg

I have jet black color(Bigen Oriental Balck) and my hair is doing great!!! :) It's possible to grow hair as long as those ends are babied!!!

blackbarbie, glossylipz, SistaSlick all currently have color and are past APL

KhandiB used to have color

I can't think of ladies off the top of my head, but there are more.

That is very encouraging, I thought that it was possible, and the ends of my hair have not been breaking or anything, but I'm in Cosmotology School, and everyone is constantly telling me I should "trim" aka Cut 3", my color off, I don't want to, and personally don't think it's necessary.

I have....but early last year it was breaking because I didn't know about moisturizing/babying hair, etc. My hair is currently about 1/2-1" away from BSL stretched. I do not like the different colors when I wear my out (rare) but I like the color play in my french braids & buns. I really want to get highlights again, though. If you don't mind the 2 tones & the hair isn't breaking, I don't think you have to cut. Maybe use a rinse to blend the colors better.

Im almost SL and I have had color all my life...dark and lovely golden bronze been coloring since I was 9 year old (yes my momma thought my hair made my eyes stand out more :ohwell: ) had color before I even permed my hair at 18. Funny thing when I do not color it for a long time like now Im at 6 months, I shed a lot but Im trying to grow the color out (im itching t color it black i want dark hear badly i have never had a full head of lush dark hear since 1984.

Ambitious1013 is growing her colored (it's a pretty copper-ish color) hair out beautifully- and she started out with a really short cut! I believe she is APL now, or really close to it.

I colored my natural hair a year ago. It is growing out nicely. I don't want to re color again. I am currently at APL. I want to grow it out to bra strap.

Back