Has anyone ever been to a Tantra retreat?

hahaha..I really need to know this...me and dh are going to one next weekend and I am having all kinds of thoughts going on...

This the same kind of thing J and Michael went on in 'My wife and Kids'?

If so, I REALLLLLY want to go to one of these :spinning: :yep:, but SO does not do that sort of stuff at ALLLL!:rolleyes:

Please share your stories and what exactly goes on....

Okay I'm going to put myself out here but here goes....

I've been to two and they were both very different. The first one I went to was an introduction to tantra class and in a classroom-like setting. the 'instructor' showed slides of ancient people in a whole bunch of crazy sexual positions and talked briefly about the history of tantra. *yawn*

The second class I went to was very very different. Before we went I called and asked if there was any nudity or sexual stimulation during the class and they said while there was no nudity, some people did get sexually stimulated, but there were no sex acts during the class. It was in someone's home, in a room with a bunch of rugs and pillows on the floor. This married couple sat and talked about their history together first, then each couple introduced themselves.

We spent the majority of the class facing each other, breathing, looking at each other, breathing, with eyes closed, getting into each other's energy, etc. Then, we all got into the lotus position, (i think that was the name, it was a long time ago) which is the man sits Indian style, and you sit on top of him, legs around his waist. Then you move to another set of breathing, staring, exercises. It was sooo intense, not sexually, but emotionally that me an da couple of other women burst into tears. It was such an intimate, vulnerable, emotional experience. One woman was and um er uh, VERY happy during that exercise. It was sexually intense, but everyone was fully clothed.

This class didn't even get to sexual positions because that is advanced Tantra. Begining Tantra deals with connecting on a different level energy wise, like your spirit and/or soul is connecting.

After the class we would practice that kind of breathing exercise and then try to have sex and we would forget about all that breathing stuff and focus on the sex. We were trying to do the opposite, focus on the fantastic height that our breathing and energy got us, with sex as the tool to enhance that connection. It's really hard to do both!

I like the idea of the retreat because you can get instruction, go practice, then share what happened, get instruction, and go practice again!

I think alot of people teach these classes from a Western 'it's all about the crazy sexual Tantric positions' and that's not even the half of it.

The couple had classes and retreats where there was nudity and open sex, but we didn't get that far.

HTH

I've been to two and they were both very different. The first one I went to was an introduction to tantra class and in a classroom-like setting. the 'instructor' showed slides of ancient people in a whole bunch of crazy sexual positions and talked briefly about the history of tantra. *yawn*

The second class I went to was very very different. Before we went I called and asked if there was any nudity or sexual stimulation during the class and they said while there was no nudity, some people did get sexually stimulated, but there were no sex acts during the class. It was in someone's home, in a room with a bunch of rugs and pillows on the floor. This married couple sat and talked about their history together first, then each couple introduced themselves.

We spent the majority of the class facing each other, breathing, looking at each other, breathing, with eyes closed, getting into each other's energy, etc. Then, we all got into the lotus position, (i think that was the name, it was a long time ago) which is the man sits Indian style, and you sit on top of him, legs around his waist. Then you move to another set of breathing, staring, exercises. It was sooo intense, not sexually, but emotionally that me an da couple of other women burst into tears. It was such an intimate, vulnerable, emotional experience. One woman was and um er uh, VERY happy during that exercise. It was sexually intense, but everyone was fully clothed.

This class didn't even get to sexual positions because that is advanced Tantra. Begining Tantra deals with connecting on a different level energy wise, like your spirit and/or soul is connecting.

After the class we would practice that kind of breathing exercise and then try to have sex and we would forget about all that breathing stuff and focus on the sex. We were trying to do the opposite, focus on the fantastic height that our breathing and energy got us, with sex as the tool to enhance that connection. It's really hard to do both!

I like the idea of the retreat because you can get instruction, go practice, then share what happened, get instruction, and go practice again!

I think alot of people teach these classes from a Western 'it's all about the crazy sexual Tantric positions' and that's not even the half of it.

The couple had classes and retreats where there was nudity and open sex, but we didn't get that far.

HTH

Thank you so much for sharing! I kinda figured it was like the second one you described but the open sex thing is what I am worried about. I am kinda excited about going but still worried:lachen:

Thank you so much for sharing! I kinda figured it was like the second one you described but the open sex thing is what I am worried about. I am kinda excited about going but still worried:lachen:

I understand! We were kind of worried too, which is why I called them. Looking back, they told us where to sit, and had us sit next to other worried couples. Plus, when each couple introduced themselves we realized, minus one couple, we were ALL terrified!

my man told me if anyone other than me tried to touch him he was going to knock the sh!t outta somebody!

I chalk it up to being one of the most profound and moving experiences I've ever had, it was that intense.

I understand! We were kind of worried too, which is why I called them. Looking back, they told us where to sit, and had us sit next to other worried couples. Plus, when each couple introduced themselves we realized, minus one couple, we were ALL terrified!

my man told me if anyone other than me tried to touch him he was going to knock the sh!t outta somebody!

I chalk it up to being one of the most profound and moving experiences I've ever had, it was that intense.

Thanks for sharing your experience! :yep:

HTH

WOW! That's interesting. Kinda remind me of HBO's 'Real Sex.'

WOW! That's interesting. Kinda remind me of HBO's 'Real Sex.'

They've filmed lots of Real Sex episodes at spots in the Bay Area. The episode about men learning to please their wives was filmed in Hawaii, but the couple also lives somewhere around here, in Marin I think. Some naked man 'becoming one with the earth' group was filmed here also.

:lachen: Thanks for the inside scoop!

Back