Hairorexia: support please

If your insecure, then I should be on Meds right now!!! I would love to have HALF your length!!! your Natural WL hair is truely insperiational to a lot of people looking at your pic (including me). You have BEAITIFUL hair... like stated above, seeing your own starting pics helps to motivate, and gives a sense of thankfulness to the progress that you have. I hope that I can reach your length in the next few years! I hope you feel better about your hair soon.

When my baby girl sees you picture this afternoon, I know her new hair goal is going to be your length. It is so beautiful, I love it...

I think your hair looks great. Maybe you want to snip the ends? That's what I do whenever I feel like my hair looks:nono: becuase it's usually because due to the skinny ends sydrome.

Awww :bighug: Did you take progress pics? Looking at my old pictures always helps me appreciate my progress.

You know what- over the past 4 years (since I've been on this site) I've barely taken progress pics. Or rather, I take them, but then I don't save them, cause I just don't see the growth. It's madness and I'm recognizing that now:wallbash:

I know what you mean, Velvet, especially with natural hair that shrinks...
But - your hair is gorgeous :love:
You have nothing to worry about!

YES! Skrinkage sucks. I'm so proud of my hair when it's flat ironed because I get to see all of my patience. It seems like the longer my hair gets the shorter it looks natural!!!

All of you ladies are really sweet and I appreciate all of the support. I think I'm just in a funk right now. This is always the length that I end up chopping off 6 inches (like I did last year), because I want a "style". So now I'm really trying to grow it long long for once and it's just in an ugly stage.

It's great coming on this site because it helps me remember that somebody understands where I'm coming from.

I kinda feel the same way, I just don't talk about it. I think my hair is about the same length as yours. Whenever I have those feelings, I try to correct them immediately and turn that energy into gratitude. But I can relate to what you are saying. Anyway, I look forward to seeing posts from you now. I hope you'll share with us some of your hair journey.

You have such beautiful hair! I think everyone goes through this at some point...I know I have. I'd want it to be longer, easier to deal with, a different texture, but what helps me sometimes is to think how I would feel if I didn't have it! Be grateful for what you have! Share your regimen! Plenty of us would be interested in knowing how you keep your hair so beautiful!

You have such beautiful hair! I think everyone goes through this at some point...I know I have. I'd want it to be longer, easier to deal with, a different texture, but what helps me sometimes is to think how I would feel if I didn't have it! Be grateful for what you have! Share your regimen! Plenty of us would be interested in knowing how you keep your hair so beautiful!

Thank you for being sweet. :rolleyes:

I started to write my regimen here, but to save space, I'm posting it to my fotki page (without password) and to my LHCF journal.

Back