HAIRELAX..an oral relaxer

plzgrow

Source

Click the link for more information
I've seen and heard it all but this is truly intresting supposebly an oral relaxer that you take and after 6-8 weeks your hair texture begin to change..

Now, who believe in that...

BerrySweet said:
I'd never take it, but there's millions of women, black or not, who'd pay good money for it. Very sad.
Yep. Too many women don't want to take the time and actually care for their hair, they want a pill, a quick fix. The manufacturer knows that and is "supplying the fix".

sounds like like a flat-bed of BS to me, just another "diet pill" or whatever to scam folks. They sound like they want some free human guinea pigs. How about side effects, cancer, birth defects in future babies or sterilization? mmmm?

WE CARE ABOUT AFRICAN DESCENTS [ AND NEED THEIR SUPPORT
Looks like blacks are definitely being targeted, not other races and nationalities who use relaxers. They know there can potentially be a lot of money in this market for black folks.

I looked at the pics of the spirals of hair and the first thought that came to my mind was that they look just like serpents! :look:

And is it my computer or are the before and after pics of the woman fuzzy and out of focus?

mine too Isis. I'm just not convinced about this one. How do we know they didn't simply lightly blow out the hair to achieve the looser curl pattern? :look: Also the tight curl pattern of the loose hair in the before pic looks much tighter than the hair on the actual hair model.:look: Much tighter. :ohwell:

Is this the same thing that was posted about a while back?
A pill to change hair texture...
[thread]71059[/thread]

What a disgrace. There are so many things wrong with that page I don't know where to start.

This new treatment converts tight spiral hair into a dynamically bouncing straight/wavy hair that will frame your face!

Dynamically bouncing? WTF does that mean? Can only straight or wavy hair frame your face?

WE CARE ABOUT AFRICAN DESCENTS [ AND NEED THEIR SUPPORT

I think they missed out some words:
"WE CARE ABOUT[size=-2] making money from [/size]AFRICAN DESCENTS AND NEED THEIR SUPPORT[size=-2] in risking their health/lives to try our pill volutarily, to save us spending money on researching it properly."[/size]

Straight pattern of hair shaft AFTER treatment with HAIRELAX® gorgeous, isn’t it?

<sarcasm>Yeah, the hair before treatment was sooo ugly</sarcasm> :rolleyes:
No, ACTUALLY, it's hair from different people. The first hair is black, the second is brown.

Changes in the Quality Of Life

It's HAIR. Hair does not change your life.

transformation of both scalp and body hair

WTF?
Why are they making a big deal of making body hair straighter? Isn't most of it pretty straight already? Is straight body hair prettier....? :lachen:

And don't get me started on their so called 'proof it works' photos :lol:

I'm speechless......the whole thing just reeks bogus. What on earth is in the pill that can change the stucture of your hair folicle?

There's nothing wrong with kinky hair. They seem to think it is though. Their photos are crap. They aren't even clear enough to see a texture change if there is one.

I'm trying to understand how the treatment can change the hair texture and structure on the ends of the hair... if it supposedly affects the way if emerges from the scalp. They make it sound like if you take the pill, your whole head will undergo a bouncing, face-framing miraculous change! :lachen: The pill's magic just doesn't flow down to the ends :rofl:

I wouldn't take it if it did work, I think this will be called "selling out". To permanetly change the texture of the way your hair grows out, :eek: , to me it's crazy and it's actually trying to hide your natural texture. Atleast getting a relaxer every 3/4/6/12 months doesn't stop your natural hair from growwing in.

ichephren said:
I am not sure but this might just be racism at its worst....boooooo!!!!

Why do you think this is racism. Do we not relax our hair to achieve the same end result?

Keen said:
Why do you think this is racism. Do we not relax our hair to achieve the same end result?

This just smacks of racism b/c at least a relaxer can be justified as a hair style. It is something temporary and you have new growth as your hair grows out. It allows you to go from straight to natural to straight to natural. However, using this pill is pretty much saying that you never want to ever see your natural hair again b/c there is something fundamentally wrong with it. In order for this pill to be able to do what it says, it would have to do funky things to your hormones which could most def lead to cancer or something equally as bad. As much as we talk about how bad relaxers are, I haven't heard of any BW getting cancer as a result of using one, so I think a pill and a relaxer are much different things.

I'm not seeing it as racism at all..but thats just me. Ya'll know if it did work the wouldn't be able to keep the stuff on the shelves.

I think it is racism.....they are saying:
"hey black woman, relaxing your hair every month or so isn't enough, let's take your terrible hair away permanently! And oh, don't worry about these horrible, life altering side effects.....we care about YOU.":mad:

ichephren said:
This just smacks of racism b/c at least a relaxer can be justified as a hair style. It is something temporary and you have new growth as your hair grows out. It allows you to go from straight to natural to straight to natural. However, using this pill is pretty much saying that you never want to ever see your natural hair again b/c there is something fundamentally wrong with it. In order for this pill to be able to do what it says, it would have to do funky things to your hormones which could most def lead to cancer or something equally as bad. As much as we talk about how bad relaxers are, I haven't heard of any BW getting cancer as a result of using one, so I think a pill and a relaxer are much different things.

To me, it's all a mean to an end. We are relaxing today because that's the science our mothers and grandmothers had available to them to get more manageable hair. Who is to say if Madam CJ Walker came up with a pill to grow hair straight instead of chemical to straighten hair that we all would not be popping pills right now instead of relaxing our hair "every 4-6 weeks" to keep it straight?

Relaxers are permanent. In order for you to grow your natural hair you must stop relax. Same concept with the pill. If you want to stop your hair from growing straight, stop taking the pill.

PerfectDoak said:
I think they missed out some words:
"WE CARE ABOUT[SIZE=-2] making money from [/SIZE]AFRICAN DESCENTS AND NEED THEIR SUPPORT[SIZE=-2] in risking their health/lives to try our pill volutarily, to save us spending money on researching it properly."[/SIZE]

Exactly, my fear is that if this is real, they're really just looking for guinea pigs to test their new "pill". Who knows what the real intention is. And they would introduce it to the market in Africa, where a good number of the population are still unaware of the evil that some of these large corporations can come up with.:(

Amina said:

:lachen: :lachen:

You got that right Amina!!! That was funni!

But I have something to say....Isn't this the same thing like ppl on here do with MSM and whatever else? Ppl have jumped on that bandwagon when ppl report "texture change"

Last edited:
So would we end up being long straight haired HIV liver destroyed and blotchy skin all over and end up with an MJ skin disease??????bonjour

from the link

Although the team has yet to find a "master switch" that controls follicle shape, Mr Bernard said it was now possible to think about how to change hair shape by using hormones or drugs

messing w/ hormones sounds dangerous to me

Girl, I read this on Napp.com.:eek: U think anyone gonna try it?:ohwell: I'd rather stick w a regular relaxer. At least I know what the side efects of that is.:lol:

This is a load of crap! Unfortunately, there are people who will try it. There is a lot of money to be made in the African hair market, these people are just trying to get a share.

Hopefully, people read it carefully and not get involved. I wonder why there is a bank associated with it? They also don't mention the number of people in their study and the lenght of the study. And they are still 'hypothesizing' about the effectiveness.

Back