HAIRELAX..an oral relaxer

There is no way on this earth I'd try this stuff. This is ridiculous, and makes me so angry! Angry because some poor kid out there who hates their hair is going to be desperate enough to buy this crap and put their lives at risk. :mad:

And it makes your BODY HAIR straight? Who wants straight coochie hair??? :lachen::lachen:

I'm fairly sure that no pill can change your genetic material, which determines the curl pattern. I will agree that certain nutrients can make an oh so slight difference in softness or moisture retention, which may affect the appearance of the curl pattern.

*ElleB said:
:lachen: :lachen:

You got that right Amina!!! That was funni!

But I have something to say....Isn't this the same thing like ppl on here do with MSM and whatever else? Ppl have jumped on that bandwagon when ppl report "texture change"

I think this is very different. I have a theory about MSM, it is a natural detoxer...it expells toxins from your body. Everyone knows that if you don't eat properly or have the right nutrients it can affect you body especially your hair. So I think that MSM is purifying the body of the negative affects we put in and the way the hair grows out is the way your hair is suppose to be if you were taking care of it properly.

My mom is a nurse and has told me a lot of stories about how people who are hooked up to IVs for nutrients for a while experience a texture change. Is that different?

Wildchild453 said:
I think this is very different. I have a theory about MSM, it is a natural detoxer...it expells toxins from your body. Everyone knows that if you don't eat properly or have the right nutrients it can affect you body especially your hair. So I think that MSM is purifying the body of the negative affects we put in and the way the hair grows out is the way your hair is suppose to be if you were taking care of it properly.

My mom is a nurse and has told me a lot of stories about how people who are hooked up to IVs for nutrients for a while experience a texture change. Is that different?

Thanks for clearing that up. But it seems like some people jump on it for that purpose....:ohwell:

this site has a lot of seemingly racist commentary but

WHY WOULD IT BE SO SHAMEFUL FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE A PILL RATHER THAN RELAX???????????

I by the way am not anti relaxer im just saying if it really worked what would the difference be?

even if this mess did work it would probably cause brain cancer throat cancer stomach cancer it just dont sound right

msportugal said:
this site has a lot of seemingly racist commentary but

WHY WOULD IT BE SO SHAMEFUL FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE A PILL RATHER THAN RELAX???????????

I by the way am not anti relaxer im just saying if it really worked what would the difference be?

even if this mess did work it would probably cause brain cancer throat cancer stomach cancer it just dont sound right

i was wondering that too:confused:

WomanlyCharm said:
There is no way on this earth I'd try this stuff. This is ridiculous, and makes me so angry! Angry because some poor kid out there who hates their hair is going to be desperate enough to buy this crap and put their lives at risk. :mad:

And it makes your BODY HAIR straight? Who wants straight coochie hair??? :lachen::lachen:

No you didn't-AHTTN.....
icon_wow1.gif
icon_thud.gif

They have my answer on this and other pills like it....
icon_razz.gif

Wildchild453 said:

My mom is a nurse and has told me a lot of stories about how people who are hooked up to IVs for nutrients for a while experience a texture change. Is that different?[/quote]
This is a very good point. I read something about this (the IVs and nutrients and hair texture change) somewhere several years ago but didn't really pay attention. I feel your example is different because it's all about health and nutrition actually restoring one's hair texture (as you mentioned with MSM) where the stuff on that website sounds like pharmaceutical testing.

I was speaking to a caucasion lady recently who had the most shiny, perfectly formed type 3b/c hair! SHe thanked me and told me that her hair texture changed after having cancer. She said that she had pin straight hair her whole life, after having cancer and going through chemo her hair texture changed dramatically...she was in her fifties too! The thing that worries me about these hair straigthening pills is that they will jack up your hormone and possibly DNA structure. The lady informed me that the cancer had dramatically altered her DNA structure and this is why her hair texture change.

Isis said:
Wildchild453 said:

My mom is a nurse and has told me a lot of stories about how people who are hooked up to IVs for nutrients for a while experience a texture change. Is that different?[/quote]
This is a very good point. I read something about this (the IVs and nutrients and hair texture change) somewhere several years ago but didn't really pay attention. I feel your example is different because it's all about health and nutrition actually restoring one's hair texture (as you mentioned with MSM) where the stuff on that website sounds like pharmaceutical testing.

I wasn't claiming that MSM and this relaxer drug was the same. I was more responding to ElleB's comment that how was taking this drug and taking MSM any different when alot of people jump onto MSM cause it changes your hair texture

Alli77 said:
I was speaking to a caucasion lady recently who had the most shiny, perfectly formed type 3b/c hair! SHe thanked me and told me that her hair texture changed after having cancer. She said that she had pin straight hair her whole life, after having cancer and going through chemo her hair texture changed dramatically...she was in her fifties too! The thing that worries me about these hair straigthening pills is that they will jack up your hormone and possibly DNA structure. The lady informed me that the cancer had dramatically altered her DNA structure and this is why her hair texture change.
A woman at my church went through the same thing and I've met others as well.

Wow I can't even believe that site. The pictures are horrible...it's so unprofessional I don't know who would even order from them even if it did work.

RabiaElaine said:
Wow I can't even believe that site. The pictures are horrible...it's so unprofessional I don't know who would even order from them even if it did work.

I know! It's odd, they went from an Asthma product to a hair straigthening product...very fishy!

Wildchild453 said:
Isis said:
I wasn't claiming that MSM and this relaxer drug was the same. I was more responding to ElleB's comment that how was taking this drug and taking MSM any different when alot of people jump onto MSM cause it changes your hair texture

Hey! :naughty: I didn't jump on MSM to change my texture. I jumped on it to grow my hair in my texture faster. I didn't know it would change it. I probably won't have have believed it if someone told me.

And about the pill to change texture.... personally I couldn't care less if people take a pill to change their texture. Do what you want, it's your dang hair! This is starting out a lot like the MN thread and we all know how that ended. Over 3/4 of an inch in 30 days, oh yea!

sareca said:
Wildchild453 said:
Hey! :naughty: I didn't jump on MSM to change my texture. I jumped on it to grow my hair in my texture faster. I didn't know it would change it. I probably won't have have believed it if someone told me.

And about the pill to change texture.... personally I couldn't care less if people take a pill to change their texture. Do what you want, it's your dang hair! This is starting out a lot like the MN thread and we all know how that ended. Over 3/4 of an inch in 30 days, oh yea!

I didn't say you were :lol: but with some posts it does seem like that's what people are taking it for

Wildchild453 said:
sareca said:
I didn't say you were :lol: but with some posts it does seem like that's what people are taking it for
I personally do not think that msm the eigth prevalent natural mineral in the human body taken in a supplement form is the same as this product. i orginally begun taking this mineral after experiencing a very dry/brittle texture, disimalir from my original natural hair, I ate very unhealthily over a long period of time, i've gone through illness, depression you name it, which ruined my hair, nails and skin, now there is a marked improvement since incooperating supplements and juicing fruits into my daiy routine MSM has many other other important benefits which i also take for serious sinus troubles and shoulder pain after an accident back in 2004 and its helping. however, i do not deny the fact that some may use it to soften their texture, that's their personal choice.

Last edited:
Back