Haircrush's Twistout Tutorial is Up!!!

I just peeped it, she has beautiful hair and knows how to handle it too. Can't wait til i'm there, but until then I'll leave vi(hair)iously thru her lol

her twist out results are simply amazing. when she had the close up in the camera, i just shook my head in awe.

My goodness this child's hair is beautiful and thick, you can't even see the shaved side when it's twisted!

Love IT!

Someone made this comment and I feel the same way. . .

What is up with her texture/curl pattern/or whatever it is?!
It's cottony (definitely not silky at least from pics and youtube).
The curl pattern looks like type 4 hair (maybe 3c in some places).
And with twists/twistouts it has the definition and fluffiness that you expect from type 4 hair.
BUT (and this is a huge but) there's practically no shrinkage!!!

In my time on hair broads, stalking fotkis, and on youtube I have never seen hair like hers. It's freaking amazing, holy grail quality hair :blush:. One thing I've always heard and seen of type 4 hair is that there is considerable shrinkage. It just comes with the territory. Well, apparently it doesn't!!! And now I feel short changed.

Where are my lush, thick, rope looking twists and crazy defined and beautiful twistout with only a dang inch of shrinkage?!!!

Okay. Rant over :look:

Last edited:
Someone made this comment and I feel the same way. . .

What is up with her texture/curl pattern/or whatever it is?!
It's cottony (definitely not silky at least from pics and youtube).
The curl pattern looks like type 4 hair (maybe 3c in some places).
And with twists/twistouts it has the definition and fluffiness that you expect from type 4 hair.
BUT (and this is a huge but) there's practically no shrinkage!!!

In my time on hair broads, stalking fotkis, and on youtube I have never seen hair like hers. It's freaking amazing, holy grail quality hair :blush:. One thing I've always heard and seen of type 4 hair is that there is considerable shrinkage. It just comes with the territory. Well, apparently it doesn't!!! And now I feel short changed.

Where are my lush, thick, rope looking twists and crazy defined and beautiful twistout with only a dang inch of shrinkage?!!!

Okay. Rant over :look:

some where on her fotki she has a wash and go pic up and her hair from that doesnt look 4 to me

natural texture Photo from UpDaTe!!! album | ManeChick (HairCrush) | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

i forgot her hair was shaved her hair is so thick you cant tell at all

Last edited:
^^ i think she said she gets about 4-5 inches of shrinkage
4-5 in. of shrinkage on all of that length would be a walk in the park :lol:. There is a negligible difference (in my opinion) in the length of hair when she's stretching and smoothing it in the beginning of the vid compared to the twists the next day and then compared to the final result. Many ladies on here (myself included) have hair that shrinks 50%-60%+ of its actual length :spinning:.
some where on her fotki she has a wash and go pic up and her hair from that doesnt look 4 to me

l
I agree and that makes her hair more confusing :spinning:.Even still, her twists and stretched styles have the look of type 4 hair. And then she claims 4a/4b herself and she's not brand new to the hair world.

I just don't understand that beautiful head. :spinning:

yeah, I was thinking where are the curls and the shrinkage-on wet/damp/drying hair .....totally baffling

if she is a 4 and not a 3 what AM I then:lol: :wallbash:

I mean isnt she more a 3c/3b-possibly 3a?

she isnt heat trained so......:spinning:

that's what I see with my eyes anyway

yeah her hair is gorgeous tho:yep:

Just watched her growth journey, I see that before she was permed she had thick below waist length as a child. Even after she was permed her hair was still longish and thick. She was just blessed with "effortlessly" growing strong hair. I attribute her minimal shrinkage and "effortless" growth to super heavy and tough individual strands more than her overall texture or curl pattern. I've seen little girls with this kind of strong hair and they seem to have long hair all their lives.

Tough, heavy vs. Fine, wispy strands will have you 10-steps ahead in your growth journey, no matter the texture because it can withstand way more punishment and mistakes! She can get away with things that will cause many fine to medium-stranded ladies major setbacks. *sigh, feeling discouraged*

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Just watched her growth journey, I see that before she was permed she had thick below waist length as a child. Even after she was permed her hair was still longish and thick. She was just blessed with "effortlessly" growing strong hair. I attribute her minimal shrinkage and "effortless" growth to super heavy and tough individual strands more than her overall texture or curl pattern. I've seen little girls with this kind of strong hair and they seem to have long hair all their lives.

Tough, heavy vs. Fine, wispy strands will have you 10-steps ahead in your growth journey, no matter the texture because it can withstand way more punishment and mistakes! She can get away with things that will cause many fine to medium-stranded ladies major setbacks. *sigh, feeling discouraged*

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I like how you put this. She really has thick, strong hair. Fine hair just doesn't have this kind of umph! I have cousins with hair like this. They never had a problem with length or breakage. It's amazing.

Good Lord, I just subscribed. Her hair is GORGEOUS! Can't wait for my twistouts to be that length. Wait, that may be too long. What length is she? I may have to grow to HL if that's what she is b/c she has my dream hair. :thud:

yeah, I was thinking where are the curls and the shrinkage-on wet/damp/drying hair .....totally baffling

if she is a 4 and not a 3 what AM I then:lol: :wallbash:

I mean isnt she more a 3c/3b-possibly 3a?

she isnt heat trained so......:spinning:

that's what I see with my eyes anyway

yeah her hair is gorgeous tho:yep:

:pullhair:See this is why Andre's system is bs. I really don't know how I'd label her hair. It's curlyish, but with weight, looks more wavyish. Mine does that but her's is like 20x thicker. I never felt right about the way Andre's system does not account for thickness, hair weight, and density (only size of curl and we know hair is much more than curl size).

I don't care though. Her hair is :worship2:

Shoooot, if my twists looked like that, I'd be wearing THOSE everyday. She said she usually takes them out the morning after but they are so thick and lush. Those are like my dream two-strand twists :drool:
(Dream as in, ONLY in my sleep. Dang thin hair!)

Re her shrinkage, I was thinking the same thing! Like, where the heck is the shrinkage?? :look:

I am a definite 4b, and there are parts of her hair that look like mine *to me*. So I would agree that she definitely appears to be a type 4. I just have NEVER seen hair like hers that doesn't really shrink. Its baffling.

I love my hair to death, and wouldn't trade it for any other, *EXCEPT* for hers with that minimal shrinkage. Just gorgeous:infatuated:

Last edited:
I watched her transitioning vid and she talked about relaxing her edges. Funny, I did that back in the day (like 20 years ago). I wasn't transitioning (didn't know that term) but that's was the only part of my hair that I would relax because it was just different and I didn't know how to handle it. I never knew anyone else who did that. LOL

^^ My girlfriend and I were just talking about this yesterday...I think more people than we realized did this too; they didn't just think as hard about it as all of us " modern naturals" seem to do with everything these days lol.

i've always been in awe of her hair. like someone else said, she has the only hair that i'd trade with for sure. no shrinkage yet she claims 4-type hair. that's a perfect combo to me!

:pullhair:See this is why Andre's system is bs. I really don't know how I'd label her hair. It's curlyish, but with weight, looks more wavyish. Mine does that but her's is like 20x thicker. I never felt right about the way Andre's system does not account for thickness, hair weight, and density (only size of curl and we know hair is much more than curl size).

I don't care though. Her hair is :worship2:

She totally defies his hair typing system. I always secretly hope that as my hair gets longer it will weigh down more and "hang" like that...Kind of like Celina Starr's. But I lack the thickness, so idk.

I wonder if she gets single strand knots. :scratchch

Why is everyone saying her hair doesn't shrink? If you look in this album you'll see that it does, quite a bit.

I had a childhood friend with hair like hers, soft, heavy, wiry strands (if that makes sense) with so much weight that they couldn't curl. And she's always had long hair.

I also hate hair typing because people get so confused with curl size versus actual texture. If I had to type her, I would as a 3c/4a, but with coarse strands (diameter). Remember a lot of us do NOT have coarse strands, we have fine to medium to thick strands. So the weight of her hair definitely plays a part in shrinkage.

I have a section in my crown that is identical to her hair and I hate it because it is so hard for me to blend with the rest of my shrunken hair. When I looked at it closely, the individual strands are so much plumper than the rest of my hair, it's so crazy.

Back