Haircrush's Twistout Tutorial is Up!!!

Looking at her hair...she could have that hair type that is sooo in between. I have these stretched out sections of hair that are different than the rest, my friend calls them the mommy section and the daddy section lol.

My mommy section of hair is just like my mother's, whom when she went natural her hair didn't curl, didn't kink, wasn't quite a c-napp but stayed stretched out and looked slightly kinky even when dry.

Chime's hair reminds me of that, maybe she has that hair type. I don't see it often but it exits.

Well that's my theory lol. I was curious too as to how her hair stayed stretched out.

What is c-napp?

Hey Elle, how long ( in inches) was your hair when you BC'd? Your hair looks as if it grows amazingly fast! Love your progress

Thanks! My hair was about an inch long when I BC'ed - it seems to grow pretty well so I am focusing on making sure I retain and minimizing breakage.

I absolutely love her hair. I like GDLI well enough -- used to have an old bottle, then used it all up when I discovered Kimmaytube's leave-in recipe and then bought a bottle of the new formula. Everyone was talking about how they don't like the new one as much, but it works well for me. I have a pretty weak nose, and the only hair products that really get a rise out of me smell-wise are Miss Jessie's line, so I guess I've never noticed a scent to it. Haven't repurchased in a while because I was using Giovanni SAS as a leave-in, then I switched to KCKT, but I would use it again, definitely.

Shocked to see she doesn't use a holding product. Even when I do, my twistouts shrink up to my neck. I have unbelievably fine hair though -- fine strands AND low density. *sigh* I can only dream about hair like hers, mannnn!

I love her HAIR...but I just don't think that look is achievable on me; I'm not saying I can't do a twist-out (I mean in a few years, when my hair reaches that length) I am saying her unique texture allows for that kind of "look" and my 4A twist outs won't ever hang like that (it's kind of a bummer because my natural hair will eternally be stuck at SL or whatever b/c of shrinkage and to me that severely limits how I can wear my hair, IMHO); it's just gorgeous and I'm <not low-key> jealous, she has the best of both worlds:thick like a 4, hang like a 3. Simply gorgeous.

yeah, I was thinking where are the curls and the shrinkage-on wet/damp/drying hair .....totally baffling

if she is a 4 and not a 3 what AM I then:lol: :wallbash:

I mean isnt she more a 3c/3b-possibly 3a?

she isnt heat trained so......:spinning:

that's what I see with my eyes anyway

yeah her hair is gorgeous tho:yep:

I always thought the same thing. Her hair is just not silky so people awesome it is 4a/b. I think my heat trained hair looks a lot like her natural hair.

She has beautiful hair. It looks just like my friend's WL heat trained hair tho just thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Are you serious?!!! Who else is gonna attempt this on their short hair, lol. I know I am!!! I'll take this over a rollerset and hooded dryer anyday.

Beautiful hair. So the hang she has can be attributed to the weight of her individual strands? Could something like regular henna treatments help make your hair heavier?

Her hair type reminds me of some Pacific-islander/Polynesian hair - kinky/cottony-straight. (I don't know if their hair has that texture and "weight" due to manipulation or nature)

Anyways, her hair is gorgeous and is yet another example of why hair typing should take more things into account than curl size/diameter.

Her hair type reminds me of some Pacific-islander/Polynesian hair - kinky/cottony-straight. (I don't know if their hair has that texture and "weight" due to manipulation or nature)

Anyways, her hair is gorgeous and is yet another example of why hair typing should take more things into account than curl size/diameter.

like these girls?

Attachments

• SuperStock_1760-3244.jpg
    SuperStock_1760-3244.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 2351049519_109a3e8361.jpg
    2351049519_109a3e8361.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 51
like these girls?

:yep: Especially like those in the first pic. I guess they would be considered cottony type 2s or maybe manipulated (brushed-out) 3s? I don't know - the hair typing thing confuses me but haircrush's hair definitely resembles theirs.

Last edited:
Just watched her growth journey, I see that before she was permed she had thick below waist length as a child. Even after she was permed her hair was still longish and thick. She was just blessed with "effortlessly" growing strong hair. I attribute her minimal shrinkage and "effortless" growth to super heavy and tough individual strands more than her overall texture or curl pattern. I've seen little girls with this kind of strong hair and they seem to have long hair all their lives.

Tough, heavy vs. Fine, wispy strands will have you 10-steps ahead in your growth journey, no matter the texture because it can withstand way more punishment and mistakes! She can get away with things that will cause many fine to medium-stranded ladies major setbacks. *sigh, feeling discouraged*

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

ITA. the hair in my front is tougher than the hair in the back, which is coilier but finer. when i started getting serious about my hair and measured it i realized that the hair in the front was a good 5 inches longer than the hair the back.

I love her hair but i don't think i could do that on wet hair. if her hair was SL with that style my hair, at almost BSL would be sitting on top of my head :lachen: maybe with 6 more inches AND doing it on blow dried hair i'll receive similar results.

:yep: Especially like those in the first pic. I guess they would be considered cottony type 2s or maybe manipulated (brushed-out) 3s? I don't know - the hair typing thing confuses me but haircrush's hair definitely resembles theirs.

yeah, I had a girlfriend as a child with this thick, long, cottony hair. She was from Guam. I swear her strands were 10x the thickness of mine. She often wore it in one huge braid that reached her butt. She eventually cut it when she got to be a teen. She never appreciated it.

Back