Haircrush's Twistout Tutorial is Up!!!

Her hair is gorgeous!!!...I have multiple curl patterns but my hair in the middle of my head looks just like her hair texture...its not curly but thick and wavy and it does not stand up or stick out. It goes straight down and has ZERO shrinkage. How it looks wet is EXACTlY how it looks dry..that section of my hair always baffled me...

This just goes to show you how amazing and unique our hair can be...

I also hate hair typing because people get so confused with curl size versus actual texture. If I had to type her, I would as a 3c/4a, but with coarse strands (diameter). Remember a lot of us do NOT have coarse strands, we have fine to medium to thick strands. So the weight of her hair definitely plays a part in shrinkage.

I have a section in my crown that is identical to her hair and I hate it because it is so hard for me to blend with the rest of my shrunken hair. When I looked at it closely, the individual strands are so much plumper than the rest of my hair, it's so crazy.

I agree with everything you said and I also have a section of my crown identical to hers and it does not blend w/ the rest of my hair at all! it does it's own thing...lol

I'm a type 4 with not so much shrinkage and her hair definitely looks like a type 4.
...anyway, I love her hair sooo much. I wish I had her thickness

Very nice. I also am in agreement with her in one of her videos saying that one should come their hair when it is wet and not dry. I believe when I first got on this board, there were posts everywhere saying this but then recently (about 2 months ago), I've been seeing people say that one should comb their hair dry because hair is weaker when wet. Idk, but I will continue to comb my hair wet with conditioner. I just want to get to full SL unstretched by the end of this year.

I'm a type 4 with not so much shrinkage and her hair definitely looks like a type 4.
...anyway, I love her hair sooo much. I wish I had her thickness

*stares at your siggy pic* Wow! Do you have a fotki or album I could stalk...er...look at :lol: BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!

Haha I almost hate when people with gorgeous twistouts do tutorials and its the 'i just put in leavein and then twisted' thing. It just reinforces it like 'hey your twistouts don't suck because your technique is wrong, they suck because your hair sucks :lol:'

I agree with other posters that her lack of shrinkage is amazing. Even though I see that she does have some shrinkage, the ability to stretch her hair that much by just using twists just shows how heavy her strands are :lick: My twistouts with wet hair would end up being a crinkly fro :lachen:

even her twists :blush: damn this thin hair:cry3:

Very nice. I also am in agreement with her in one of her videos saying that one should come their hair when it is wet and not dry. I believe when I first got on this board, there were posts everywhere saying this but then recently (about 2 months ago), I've been seeing people say that one should comb their hair dry because hair is weaker when wet. Idk, but I will continue to comb my hair wet with conditioner. I just want to get to full SL unstretched by the end of this year.

You have to do whats right for your hair.

my DD is natural and I comb different sections of her hair depending on the type and texture. From the crown forward can only be combed damp sopping wet is asking for breakage. The back can be a little wetter becasue the strands are coarser. Combing dry is asking for breakage.

yeah, I was thinking where are the curls and the shrinkage-on wet/damp/drying hair .....totally baffling

if she is a 4 and not a 3 what AM I then:lol: :wallbash:

I mean isnt she more a 3c/3b-possibly 3a?

she isnt heat trained so......:spinning:

that's what I see with my eyes anyway

yeah her hair is gorgeous tho:yep:
She's a 3c/4a. So basically her hair is a type 4a but it acts like a type 3c, really confusing. My hair does that also in some aspects. It's just that her strands are unique and she style trained her hair.
Also that Giovanni Direct Leave in is a miracle. It can change hair texture...seriously.
When you are hair typing, you also have to consider how much moisture your hair can hold. It seems like her hair can hold more moisture therefore the lack of shrinkage and the unique hair texture.

Last edited:
Why is everyone saying her hair doesn't shrink? If you look in this album you'll see that it does, quite a bit.

I had a childhood friend with hair like hers, soft, heavy, wiry strands (if that makes sense) with so much weight that they couldn't curl. And she's always had long hair.
That shrinkage is inaccurate. Natural hair shrinks way more than flat ironed hair. I wouldn't call that a good shrinkage pic at all. She flat ironed the longer piece of hair. A good shrinkage pic IMO is of damp natural hair that was just styled compared to dry natural hair styled.

She's a 3c/4a. So basically her hair is a type 4a but it acts like a type 3c, really confusing. My hair does that also in some aspects. It's just that her strands are unique and she style trained her hair.
Also that Giovanni Direct Leave in is a miracle. It can change hair texture...seriously.
When you are hair typing, you also have to consider how much moisture your hair can hold. It seems like her hair can hold more moisture therefore the lack of shrinkage and the unique hair texture.

alot of naturals seem to use it i guess ill be adding it to the ever growing list:nono::lol:

It's great to see how she does her twistouts.

I do twistouts 90% of the time and I'm going to try her twisting style.

I normally part my hair--not going to part it next time.

I also love the scarf in the front tip so that the twist start back a little.

I'm also going to try just using Giovanni Leave In---I have a whole bottle sitting in my cabinet that I used on DDs hair but didn't like it on my own, because I was using it with other products. I'll use it alone and see what happens.

That shrinkage is inaccurate. Natural hair shrinks way more than flat ironed hair. I wouldn't call that a good shrinkage pic at all. She flat ironed the longer piece of hair. A good shrinkage pic IMO is of damp natural hair that was just styled compared to dry natural hair styled.

What makes you say that she flat ironed? Did I miss that in the video?

Good Lord, I just subscribed. Her hair is GORGEOUS! Can't wait for my twistouts to be that length. Wait, that may be too long. What length is she? I may have to grow to HL if that's what she is b/c she has my dream hair. :thud:

mine, too sis! Just thinking about those twists (bump a twist-out)....I think I'll join you :thud:

It's great to see how she does her twistouts.

I do twistouts 90% of the time and I'm going to try her twisting style.

I normally part my hair--not going to part it next time.

I also love the scarf in the front tip so that the twist start back a little.

I'm also going to try just using Giovanni Leave In---I have a whole bottle sitting in my cabinet that I used on DDs hair but didn't like it on my own, because I was using it with other products. I'll use it alone and see what happens.

me, too - :yep:

I'm not crazy about the smell--it's kinda perfumy.

I wonder how long a bottle lasts her with all her hair.

i was thinking the same about how long that bottle would last 250ml on all that hair prob last a month:lol:

the perfume smell may drown out the WGO i use:blush:

Well I'M sad, lol. I was hoping she was going to show me the key to doing a twist out without doing a billion twists...and when she said that bigger section was going to be three twists, I was like dang it! Yup...still gonna take me forever. :lol:

Her hair is awesomeness...every time I see her I'm like, "Elle you can do it...three more years!"

wow this is the first time in a long time i have actually be jealous of someone else's hair.

once section of her hair is as thick as my whole head:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Well I'M sad, lol. I was hoping she was going to show me the key to doing a twist out without doing a billion twists...and when she said that bigger section was going to be three twists, I was like dang it! Yup...still gonna take me forever. :lol:

Her hair is awesomeness...every time I see her I'm like, "Elle you can do it...three more years!"

Hey Elle, how long ( in inches) was your hair when you BC'd? Your hair looks as if it grows amazingly fast! Love your progress

Looking at her hair...she could have that hair type that is sooo in between. I have these stretched out sections of hair that are different than the rest, my friend calls them the mommy section and the daddy section lol.

My mommy section of hair is just like my mother's, whom when she went natural her hair didn't curl, didn't kink, wasn't quite a c-napp but stayed stretched out and looked slightly kinky even when dry.

Chime's hair reminds me of that, maybe she has that hair type. I don't see it often but it exits.

Well that's my theory lol. I was curious too as to how her hair stayed stretched out.

Back