Hair Toys

I love all of your styles. You have some very nice hair toys. I have two questions:

1. Are you using a hair net in some of these? If so, I need to find one to try out.

2. What is this:

621965616_photobucket_8527_-1.jpg

They looks interesting. Are they like ponytail holders or banana clips?

I love all of your styles. You have some very nice hair toys. I have two questions:

1. Are you using a hair net in some of these? If so, I need to find one to try out.

2. What is this:

They looks interesting. Are they like ponytail holders or banana clips?
@skraprchik, I use a hair net every single time I bun. I purchase them from Sally's. I started this about a yr ago out of the desire for a neat bun. Other LHCF sisters have adopted the idea/technique with great success. The hair net keeps your hair in place. I use a thin hair net that is practically invisible unless you're all up in my head inspecting it. :grin:

Those interesting things you mention are u shaped banana clips. I use them to make all of my pony tails. They don't snag or tug at my hair. They don't cause breakage either. I purchased them from an ebay vendor that is no longer selling them. I'm bummed because after my supply runs out, I will have to find a pony making alternative. :nono:

Last edited:
skraprchik Thanks - You are feeding my obsession!

Buns with hair toys that I've collected from various stores....
2011-08-30_18-30-33_191.jpg

divachyk
I knew I could count on you. Your buns are the best! What is this toy? Is it a comb? Do you remember where you got it?

Also, just wanted you all to know that one of my favorite toy stores is having a memorial day sale. http://www.crystalmood.com/

SAVE 15% ON
NEW ARRIVALS
DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

COUPON CODE: MEM2012
5/26-5/28 Only

There are also some hairsticks that are going for 4 for $20. Great way to try out sticks without spending a lot of money.

wavezncurlz you're too kind -- thank you. I can always count on you too. :yep: My hair toys are mainly flamingo clips with different decorative looks. I got the one you posted at a flea market in Orlando. I rarely order clips. I look for them in flea markets or accessory type stores. I usually score on neat accessories when out of town.

Thanks for posting the website where you order your candy.

I've been eyeing these beautiful silver and gold toys from senzalimiti

I think jupitermoon had a beautiful hair comb from them. I've saved the shop on my etsy favorites but haven't bought anything. I'm most intrigued by the Treble Clef looking one.

Attachments

• il_570xN_257866753.jpg
    il_570xN_257866753.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 50
  • il_570xN_326522796.jpg
    il_570xN_326522796.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
  • il_fullxfull.257819886.jpg
    il_fullxfull.257819886.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 45
  • il_fullxfull.326342133.jpg
    il_fullxfull.326342133.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
[USER=49019 said:
wavezncurlz[/USER];16115641]I've been eyeing these beautiful silver and gold toys from senzalimiti

I think @jupitermoon had a beautiful hair comb from them. I've saved the shop on my etsy favorites but haven't bought anything. I'm most intrigued by the Treble Clef looking one.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so going to ask for fica clips for Christmas. I have been drooling over them since I saw mdwezi(sp?) and some other long haired beauty a couple of years ago:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

winona--LOL at you already planning your christmas list :lol:

Do you happen to remember where you got the brown one? I used to have one of those and loved it, and cant remember where I got it lol.
I use this kind of banana clip a lot, I found the brown one at Bed Bath and Beyond(A moment of silence please I love this place), another place is my walgreens down the street also stocks this banana clip.

I use this kind of banana clip a lot, I found the brown one at Bed Bath and Beyond(A moment of silence please I love this place), another place is my walgreens down the street also stocks this banana clip.

Thanks so much! Now I know where to look for a replacement!:grin:

afroette, how does that happen? I keep the length of the clip as close to each other as possible so that when I go to snap it shut, I'm not fighting to get the ends to meet up nor am I putting too much tension on my hair. I'm having a hard time explaining it but hope you understand what I mean.

divachyk, I think I understand you. I broke two new ones last week and one a couple weeks before. Just bought a new one yesterday. Let's see how long this one lasts.

Ohhh exciting! I had no idea hair toys were so big over here too. These are a few I have from grahtoestudio (etsy), schnitztube (etsy), and Ficarre.
2015-03-29 04.14.09.jpg JAMIA-HP - WIN_20151217_155539.JPGSnapshot_20150209_1.JPG

ETA: Forgot about my Flexi8! That was my favorite hair toy until I discovered Goody Ouchless barettes. They are just so much easier for holding up twists, and I don't worry about the metal catching.

And the koi fish hairsticks I got as a gift. They don't really hold anything, but they're pretty cute.

2015-03-09 22.44.27.jpg

:toocool::love4:
Ohhh exciting! I had no idea hair toys were so big over here too. These are a few I have from grahtoestudio (etsy), schnitztube (etsy), and Ficarre.
View attachment 350615 View attachment 350617View attachment 350619

ETA: Forgot about my Flexi8! That was my favorite hair toy until I discovered Goody Ouchless barettes. They are just so much easier for holding up twists, and I don't worry about the metal catching.

View attachment 350621
And the koi fish hairsticks I got as a gift. They don't really hold anything, but they're pretty cute.

View attachment 350623

:love4: @Colocha Thanks so much for sharing. These are awesome. I have been wearing my hair out and down lately. You are reminding me that I need to go back to some of my hair toys!:love2:

Back