Hair Growing Buddies Support Thread

Hi all! Just wanted to stop in the say "chello":lachen::grin:...btw Wawa your hair looks great! I checked your fotki out and the relaxer looks nice and the ponytail is fab!! Anyhoo...not much of an update here...seems like my hair just stopped growing and I'm still having the shedding/breaking issues although I'm doing everything I should be doing...I beleive I cannot get the moisture/protein balance together:wallbash:...any ideas ladies?:look:

hmmm...don't know why my fotki hyperlink won't show in my siggy:nono::look:
http://public.fotki.com/renita66/

Aww thank you! I guess its not as bad as I thought.

My hair right now is pissing me off just so damn thick....due to me under processed tough up. I think I'll be getting micros this weekend so I won't deal with my hair for two months till the next relaxer.

hey girls

I have not been able toc atch up with my stylist the last few months.Her number is disconnected. I began going to the Dominican salon until I could catch up with her.

I had a horrible experience at the Dominican Salon on Staurday. I usually pre poo first and detangle before I go. This time I wore my hair in curly. The lady washed my hair 4 times :nono:. She washed it really rough and then she rinsed it with hot water. Afterwards she starts to detangle and is pulling through my hair. It sounded like a take. She had no clue what she was doing and she asked a few ladies to help. I finally ended up taking the comb from her and detangling my hair myself. I had two handfuls of hair in my hands. Then she goes to rinse out the conditioner and sprays water down my face. A few of the ladies saw how upset I was and offered me some towels and another lady did my hair. I was unhappy with the styling, but I decided to just go on home.

What made it so bad was that I was speaking up for myself but she didn't speak English.

Anybody have any suggestions for babying my hair for teh next month. I am scared more of it will fall out or break. :nono:

^^^Girl, I am so sorry that this happened to you.:bighug:. I am not really sure what you can do to baby your hair, but I think DCing might be beneficial. How exactly does your hair feel? Dry or anything like that?
I hope the buddies in here can help.

My hair right now is pissing me off just so damn thick....due to me under processed tough up. I think I'll be getting micros this weekend so I won't deal with my hair for two months till the next relaxer.

Girl, I know what you mean. I myself will be putting in a sew-in this Thursday for about 4 or 5 weeks just so I don't have to bother with it. I am only over 7 and a half wigs post but it feels like I'm at least 11 or 12 weeks and to think that I want to stretch for 7 months this time. Man I am gonna need a lot of luck.

I read in one of sistaslicks articles that, if you live in a place with hard water, you should use a clarifying/chelating shampoo more often. Let me know if you need the link. I think that DCing and cowashing may be helpful too. HTH

thanks for the advice. i put myself on a mini challenge to con-wash m-w-f and pre-poo, poo, and dc for the next 30 days. see how my hair respond to that. this water is so hard that calcium is building up in the sink. i can't have that in my hair.

^^^Girl, I am so sorry that this happened to you.:bighug:. I am not really sure what you can do to baby your hair, but I think DCing might be beneficial. How exactly does your hair feel? Dry or anything like that?
I hope the buddies in here can help.

Thanks. I think I will deep condition with each wash. My hair feels pretty soft. It felt weird on Saturday. The ends feel weird. Kind of crunchy. I think I will trim them.

I am so scared of breakage. :nono:

I just got my micros and I'm sooo happy. I haven't had braids in such a long time. I'm African so braids are just a part of my life and I've missed them! Pics in my fotki!

Hey guys how are you all doing?
I am just trying term this NG. I think I may have it under control. I bought s-curl to help but I have not used it that much.
I think DCing each time with protein based conditioner and them with moisturizing conditioner is what is really helping.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello to my girls:grin::grin:

WHATS UP LADIES??!!
I have taken the plunge to a new healthy head of hair. I did my BIG CHOP on 2/19/2008 and I couldnt feel better.:grin::grin::grin::grin:. I have a nice brush cut (ceasar). I have freed myself of all the foolishness ladies and I am starting anew. So will be posting pics shortly. So I am a natural newbie. Anyone with info on newly becoming natural PLEASE HIT ME UP !!!!!! THANX

WHATS UP LADIES??!!
I have taken the plunge to a new healthy head of hair. I did my BIG CHOP on 2/19/2008 and I couldnt feel better.:grin::grin::grin::grin:. I have a nice brush cut (ceasar). I have freed myself of all the foolishness ladies and I am starting anew. So will be posting pics shortly. So I am a natural newbie. Anyone with info on newly becoming natural PLEASE HIT ME UP !!!!!! THANX

Mandy

WHATS UP LADIES??!!

Hopefully, we'll get to see your pics soon so we can watch you progress into long healthy hair again. Do you have a fotki yet? That's a great way to track your progress.

Hello Ladies, our Hair Buddies Newsletter Issue #2 has just been emailed. Thanks for your patience. We will try to get the next one to you on time :yep:

Hello Ladies, our Hair Buddies Newsletter Issue #2 has just been emailed. Thanks for your patience. We will try to get the next one to you on time :yep:
Hey Botanygrl, the news letter is great. Thanks for putting it together for us and mailing it out.
Buddies if you have not done s already, check it out. Its a lot of info and great sites and tips:grin::grin::grin:

Hey Mandy and Botanygrl, thanks so much for the newsletter. As before it came out really great. Good job!

Hey Ladies I just wanted to say I enjoyed the newsletter and update yall on my progress/status.

I went ahead a cut my hair(3 inches at the most) about 4 weeks ago, its a short tappered cut, but hot shaved in the back. On previous posts I was struggling with damage and breakage, but I am very happy with the results ladies and look forward to a new start. HHG

How is everyone else doing?

Update: I finally relaxed my hair after a four month stretch. I had to clip some scraggly ends but I did end up with 2 inches of growth. I dusted twice during my stretch and in certain areas I'm dealing with split ends. I'm going to try to update my fotki this evening.

Update: I finally relaxed my hair after a four month stretch. I had to clip some scraggly ends but I did end up with 2 inches of growth. I dusted twice during my stretch and in certain areas I'm dealing with split ends. I'm going to try to update my fotki this evening.

Congratulations on your successful stretch and growth. I myself am 11 and a half weeks post and going for at least 20 weeks, however I ultimately want to stretch for 7 months this time.

Hey!!!!!!! Ladies!!!! I finally got some growth LOL!!! It has been 3 months since I was shaved down to half an inch LOL!!! But I am just sharing my growth with you all!!!!! All of you are doing Wonderfur!!!!!

Hey!!!!!!! Ladies!!!! I finally got some growth LOL!!! It has been 3 months since I was shaved down to half an inch LOL!!! But I am just sharing my growth with you all!!!!! All of you are doing Wonderfur!!!!!
Girl you are rocking that TWA. It is coming along very nicely, and the shine, oh, its beautiful.

Wow !!!!! Thats good.......

Girl you are rocking that TWA. It is coming along very nicely, and the shine, oh, its beautiful.

:grin::grin::grin: Awwww! Thank You Mandy4610, I still look like a natural head even though I am Tex-laxed, I guess because I don't leave it on long enough to loosen it much, But I am Happy!!! So let me rock on with my bad self:yep: You have just made my day Mandy:grin:

Girl, I am following in your foot steps and I am BCing this weekend. I just can not stand my unhealthy nape anymore. Last week I went to the BSS and the lady did my hair very very nice, but two days later it was back to looking crazy so I chopped some of it off. The cut turned out so bad so now I am just gonna cut everything off and start over. I am not sure if I will stay natural or texlaxed, but I for sure will not relax bone straight.

Back