Hair confessions #101

I don't believe in deep conditioning:nono:...so I don't do it!!:ohwell:

I don't moisturize everyday:nono:....or at all:spinning:...except after a wash:yep:

I brush my hair every single day...only after wetting it and the brush first:yep:

I use grease:lick:...on my SCALP AND HAIR. SO WHAT?

I use brown gel....frequently...:lachen:

I don't believe in clarifying shampoos....so I guess I don't clarify:rolleyes:

I sleep with a cotton bandana...

I love sulfates, cones, petrolatum, and mineral oil

Dah well, these are my confessions!:perplexed

I never deep condition.

Very rarely do I use a comb or brush on my hair---like a few times a year.

Conditioner and water are my only moisturizers. I don't moisturize with anything else in between washings.

Sometimes I sleep with my hair down/out...when I have a headache I don't want to put my hair in a bun or braid.

I never deep condition. :blush:

I convince myself that my hair is always moisturized enough anyway. :grin:

You ladies have beautiful hair and you don't DC. That just seems to be the Golden Rule here: DC! Well I have found a way to keep my hair deliciously moisturized w/o it. Besides I have always been of the opinion that your hair soaks up what it wants within the first 5-10 minutes and the rest is wasted time. So like LaFemmeNaturelle, I don't believe in it either.

I have ALOT of confessions but i'll share a few now. Maybe i'll come back later...
- I comb my hair EVERY single day (mostly dry).
- I use products with all the "bad" ingredients such as mineral oil, sulfate, petroleum/petrolatum...
- I don't believe in sealing in the moisture or co washing.

Confess that:

-I have heat trained hair that is growing like a weed and I wouldn't have it any other way
-I NEVER DC
- I love cons and dont think they cause the issues that people say they do

-I flat iron on unclean hair..if i have some jacked up lookin hair after I unwrap you best believe I'ma smooth it out
-If I'm bunning I don't wear a scarf at night
-I hardly DC anymore. I'm more of a 5 minute chick. I'll blowdry for about 2 mins. then rinse.
-I use petroleum and mineral oil and cones
-I comb my hair every single day

Last edited:
Confess that:

-I have heat trained hair that is growing like a weed and I wouldn't have it any other way
-I NEVER DC
- I love cons and dont think they cause the issues that people say they do

Hey Miss BKT, lol. Your hair has taken off! It looks great!

The responses in this thread really amaze me! It seems like so many break the "golden rules" and actually have healthy hair & retain great lengths!

Makes me seriously reconsider all the "rules" I've been following..for real!

Thanks for this thread :yep:

Silicon and mineral oil make me happy. Castor oil makes me sad.

I wear headbands like my life depended on it.

I think olive oil stinks. Literally. It's a nice oil, but I think it smells.

Back when I was relaxing my hair. . .yeah, I flat ironed on dirty hair. Don't judge.

I use shampoo on my hair. I have fine strands that acquire product build-up pretty easily, and I refuse to believe that all the build-up is removed by simply letting the shampoo from my scalp run down the length of my hair.

Silicon and mineral oil make me happy. Castor oil makes me sad.

I wear headbands like my life depended on it.

I think olive oil stinks. Literally. It's a nice oil, but I think it smells.

Back when I was relaxing my hair. . .yeah, I flat ironed on dirty hair. Don't judge.

OMG!!!!!!!!! I agree with EVERYTHING!!!!

1. Olive Oil gives me nausea and a headache unless it's heavily mixed with a LOT of other stuff.
2. Scarfs and bonnets don't stay on my head so why bother?
3. I either slap some Mango Butter and a headband on my edges or use some pink or brown gel. And my hair is wet. O well....
4. I get a blowout once a month. Hey -- that's a HUGE step for me. Reforming heat junkie.
5. I'm getting tired of screening every little product that goes in my head. Are cones and petrolatum every once in a while really gonna kill my hair???
6. I think about moisturizing my ends daily but it doesn't necessarily happen. Oops....

I love these threads :lol: I think sometimes people mistakenly get the idea that something is a "rule" or certain things are "taboo" on the board, just because a thread about that thing gets a lot of activity for a while. Doesn't mean everyone is doing it or agrees. Every time we have one of these threads, people are all "confessing" the same things :lol:

Anyway, here are mine:

• blow dry and flat iron every week
  • don't moisturize or oil
  • don't wear scarf/bonnet to bed
  • brush/comb multiple times per day

Back