Hair Compliments

on topic

I could care less about compliments , I love the love when I get it, but I dont NEED it nor do I get upset or offended if I dont

I got bigger fish to fry than to be trippin of hair compliments, if they come great if not , ehh who cares

Irresistible..that is why I like you...:) Nevetheless, I am going to give you a compliment and say your hair is GORGEOUS!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Tee hee hee no u didnt!
Would LHCF professional therapists please identify themselves to longhairlover and the rest of us! Maybe we can have a separate forum for post -(childbirth, divorce, job, rude sales people, parking space altercations, and fighting) related stress!

I really don't care about the compliments. I do find myself waiting for my BF to say something if I just came from the salon. But other than him, don't care.

My hair is hidden 99.9 % of the time, but when its not, I like compliments on my hair.
However, I don't really care either way.

I want my biggest compliment to come from my hubby. I LOVE when he compliments my hair when I step in with a fresh relaxer from the shop. Or, when my hair turns out right on a wash day.

I think I may be the exception. I love to give compliments to other ladies when I see them....hair, face, clothes, etc. I'm just a little taken back when they be all DRY, tight or like you don't exist. Gosh, a sista complimenting another sista and you ain't gotta act all stank.

I'm also a woman who loves giving compliments. I have had a few situations where I felt a little awkward after giving the compliment because the person seemed uncomfortable getting it from a stranger. Because of that, I don't always voice compliments as freely as I'd like. I'm never hating, always admiring.

Yeah i'm starting to think i'm a hair compliment hog. this chick on the job finally lol!!! gave me a hair compliment, it's like I know you like my hair just say so give me the hair compliment lmao.

yeah the fight thing I don't even want to talk about but she went for my weak point my hair!

Lol, I guess when you take care of your hair and it's healthy, it's nice to get a compliment and feel like your hard work is really showing through.

For me if I get a compliment, it's great but I won't hold my breath for one...I may turn blue.

I think everyone likes a hair compliment...and trust me it doesn't have to be long and silky to get it:look:. I think the pressure for hair compliments is on if you define yourself by your hair or work REALLY hard at it:ohwell:. I like when I do receive compliments on my hair when I was not expecting it and I didn't try hard for it to look cute. People also get stingy with giving hair compliments if they feel a person is trying to get recognized or is desperate for attention. I give compliments all day long, if it looks good I will acknowledge. But if YOU think it looks good to YOURSELF, you don't need me to tell you that. Hey, don't wear your hair for me cause that will be giving me alot of power to make or break your day:lachen:.

The only time I get compliments on my hair is when I post pictures on here. I wouldn't know how to act if someone irl said i had pretty hair.

Besides compliments from my mom/sister I don't expect them. I'm actually pleasantly surprised when I do receive them and appreciate them very much.
I try to complement people (relaxed or natural) as well.

Back