What Hair Style(s) Attract the Most Compliments for You?

I seem to receive the most compliments when I have any kind of curly hair-style (curly weave, rollersets, curly half wig); and also when I have my hair in braided hair-style.

camellia said:
I get the most compliments from everyone but my own sisters when I wear my hair down wavy and curly, just the way it grows out of my head.
Your hair is so very pretty Camellia, you're so fortunate! What a time-saver too!

sylver2 said:
A lot of my compliments mostly come from Men only. I rarely ever get compliments from women except on this board:).

Lets see...

Bantu Knot outs on dry hair-my usual style.
No compliments just looks.

Fresh Relaxer/touchup
wavy like and real flat...the Men be going crazy, like they hav never seen a women. Especially other ethnicities..white, Iranian, east indian, etc

ponytail or bun-
absolutely no compliments or attention..lol.

Stick Straight/flat ironed
-Get compliments from my family about length, a few compliments from older women and very long long silent stares from others

Braidouts-
I get most compliments/attention from Ethiopian men & women. I get a lot of what are you. Last nite at club about 5 men came up to me and said I had pretty hair.

Aaliyah style-
always get the aaliyah compliments, thats why I stopped wearin that style..lol
Since you receive tons of hair compliments here, you know those women are holding back. That in itself is a huge compliment. As Precious 1 mentioned, they are intimidated by your hair and beauty.

When I was in braids I got compliments but since I let my hair out, my puffs and twists have gotton a lot of compliments! Which is great since I didn't like my natural hair, so this really encouraged me to take a break from braids and wear the hair natural.

Relaxed w/rollerset or a lil messy sexy up do. I get hair compliments now but nowhere near like I used to get when I was glama gurl. :lachen: I'm glad cuz I wanted folk to leave me the helz alone anyways. :grin:

gloomgeisha said:
Definitely the twist out fro. In this style you can see a very volumous representation of my hair.

Me too.

Followed by the shake and go with a part and click clacks-but that's a texture thing more than a styling, I think.

good2uuuu said:
I get compliments when I wear my usual wash-n-go. When I flat iron, I get more, only because I so it so seldom. When I fro it, I think I get the most. I guess it's more that fact that I am not afraid to wear my hair any way I feel like wearing it, and I wear it with confidence. Shoot. Ain't that many of us up here, so why not stand out???:lol:
Your hair is beautiful Good2uuuu! :yep:

I get alot of my compliments when I were this curly wig it sort of looks like a loose curly rod set people swear its my hair because I rod my own hair in the front to make it look like mine and I don't tell them otherwise.

I also get compliments when I wear my hair flat ironed esp from my husband

I get the most compliments when I'm wearing my hair flat-twisted at the front, or in conrows. People always tell me that it suites me.

sylver2 said:
A lot of my compliments mostly come from Men only. I rarely ever get compliments from women except on this board:).

.l

They'r probably hatin' trying to figure out if your mixed or have a weave! I love your hair!

When I wear my hair out in a rollerset. Even if the rollerset is a few days old.

But I think I just look better with my hair out, period. Over the weekend I wore a fall that is the same length as my own hair, but people were losing their minds over my "hair" because it was out..and most knew it was a fall because I happily told them as much. But I noticed (and my s/o noticed) that I was getting more attention from other men, but I think it had more to do with my confidence level and smiling more than the hair itself.

When I wear it down, particularly after the rollerset, whatever the type of rollers I use (I can get it straight using huge rollers, wavy with large ones or curly with medium ones). My husband loves it both straight or wavy

albane said:
When I wear it down, particularly after the rollerset, whatever the type of rollers I use (I can get it straight using huge rollers, wavy with large ones or curly with medium ones). My husband loves it both straight or wavy
I can see why Albane, your hair is so beautiful! :yep:

I get a-lot of compliments when my hair is worn straight or big and curly. Ponytails and buns aren't enticing enough I guess.

braid outs and roller wraps always trun the heads of men and women. My buns don't get any attention lol :)

1. Flat-ironed hair with slightly bumped ends
2. Braidouts with cornrows instead of plaits (people always ask if thats my natural texture)

These styles get me the most compliments.

When my hair is flat-ironed (on that super rare occasion) and also when I wear my hair in a twist-out I get compliments from everybody male and female.

I love your hair!! I like the thickness, and shine!!!!!

Karma1981 said:
I get the most compliments when I'm wearing my hair flat-twisted at the front, or in conrows. People always tell me that it suites me.

When I do BIG HAIR with a lot of big curls, that seems to be a favorite of other people. (I mean bigger than the hair in my siggy). It disguises my fine strands and makes it look like I have a lot of hair:) , which is why it's my favorite.

I just hate that I end up having to refresh it all day by doing the "flip" (turning my head upside down and flouncing my hair)

the bigger the hair the more attention (ya'll know the souf and big hair). My wash and go's get the most...twist/braid outs ('specially 3 strand twists-i luuuv them thangs!), fros...u know...BIG HAIR...lol! (But alas, after the holiday I will b hiding it away, keeping it in a pony, bun, wig, r somethin :lol: ) Toodlez!

Back