Hair Care Products from eBay: Your Experiences?

preciousjewel76

Hey ladies!

I am an online shopping fanatic. I love that you can shop around for great deals online. Anyway, I've been checking out eBay as a source for some salon hair care products. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start looking around for some Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. I found an excellent deal on a set of 2 tubes of K-Pak - $14.49 including shipping. However, when I received the tubes, the product inside looked a little runny. I hadn't actually tried K-Pak before, but something about my order didn't look right.:perplexed I went to Kroger and compared my tubes to the Joico K-Pak on their store shelves, and my suspicion was confirmed - the K-Pak at the store is a thicker, creamier consistency than the stuff I have. Both smell the same, though. Now I'm concerned about trying the K-Pak I have on my hair, because I suspect it was watered down.:mad:

At any rate, what type of success (or horror stories) have you had with buying hair care products on eBay? Anybody else get stuck with suspect products? Too good to be true deals? Sellers that you recommend?

Thanks!:)

I buy Ojon on ebay all the time, I've also bought a bunch of Garnier fructis (still trying to use them up). I've never had an issue. I pick my sellers wisely though.

I have never had any issues either. I even sell products on ebay myself.

Something to remember about ebay is to read the sellers postings from other buyers. Avoid anyone who has a lot of negative comments. Be careful also of the posting that have less than 30 positive comments.

I would definitely give that seller a neutral feedback score. They may offer to allow you to return it for a refund or replacement, but at least let them know that you were not satisfied with the product.

StellaB said:
I have never had any issues either. I even sell products on ebay myself.

Something to remember about ebay is to read the sellers postings from other buyers. Avoid anyone who has a lot of negative comments. Be careful also of the posting that have less than 30 positive comments.

I would definitely give that seller a neutral feedback score. They may offer to allow you to return it for a refund or replacement, but at least let them know that you were not satisfied with the product.

I do always read a seller's feedback. However, I think I gave this seller positive feedback before examining the product thoroughly (my fault, I know).:ohwell:

I buy and sell products on ebay all the time. I have had a person say that something that was thick, was runny. But, it was thick when I sent it soooooo the only thing that I came up with was the the heat in the UPS truck may have thinned the product.

I'm a stone-cold Ebayer!

I have had great results with it!

Yes, you do have to be careful when selecting a seller.

Reading their feedback first is crucial to a good ebay experience.

Back