Got a wig & wearing it...

ms_kenesha

Hi y'all :wave:

Okay, Saturday night I was going to see John Legend and I was going to rollerset my hair for the concert. Well, my family was in the area and since I hadn't seen my lil sis in a while. I told them to drop her off at my place, well I take her to the mall and realize hey I am not going to feel like doing my hair later after being in the mall all day, so I go to the BSS store and I'm looking for a fall or something to wear.

While in there I see this fabulous wig, it's style is called Long Island Girl *I can't remember the company name I'll look at it when I get home tonight*. So, I bought it in dark brown and wore it to the concert. Well, I love it! I wore it the next day and my FI saw me with it on and he loved it *told me he wanted to um :sekret: do some thangs while we were in the grocery store :lol:

Okay, but I was apprehensive about wearing it to work, esp. since I work with mainly blancos. But I said hey it's my hair and I can do what the heck I want, so I'm wearing it today and got all positive responses. This one lady I work with said "I admire black women and their versatility with their hair, it takes me a month to decide whether I want bangs or not"....um okay :lachen:

I have pics in my album and as my new avatar! http://public.fotki.com/knwill/new_pics/

ms_kenesha said:
my FI saw me with it on and he loved it *told me he wanted to um :sekret: do some thangs while we were in the grocery store :lol:

TMI!!!!!!!

OK, the wig is cute though. I need to find a cutesy one like that.

It says full cap on the package, but for the directions inside it tells you to leave some hair out. I just left my bangs out, but it has bangs itself, so I blend my bangs and the wig bangs together. :)

Tai said:
That's cute! Is it a full wig or one of the 3/4 instant weaves?

This looks great on you! It also looks very natural. :) I love the pics with it tucked behind your ear.

Hmm, I really need to consider a wig. On a day like today it keeps you warm, lets you look stylish without wearing a hat AND protects your real hair from the elements. :scratchch

It is soo cute. I can never find a cute wig so I got someone at BHM to make me one and finally I have a cute wig/ 3/4 instant weave thing too. Where are you guys shopping?

The local Asian BSS at the mall near my house. If you tell me what kind you want I can get one for you. :)

cutebajangirl said:
It is soo cute. I can never find a cute wig so I got someone at BHM to make me one and finally I have a cute wig/ 3/4 instant weave thing too. Where are you guys shopping?

Hi Ms_Kenesha

I like the wig on you. It looks very cute and real like the ones that I have :) .At first no one would never get me to wear a wig but now I prefer wearing a wig than a weave it is so much easier to take care of and especially after seeing how some of these wigs looks so natural I just fell in love with them. I will be wearing mine everyday until my hair grows back:grin:. It keeps me very warm in the winter time. I get my wigs from WOWWIGS.COM. They have an excellent selection and their customer service and shipping is great at least the last time I purchased from them. I like the forever young and Beverly Johnson brand the best.

you and southerngirl you guys both made really good choices!! it looks so natural!!

imma hafta add tonya to that list too!! :)

It looks really nice. How much was it? I like how it's neither super long nor super shiny like some wigs. It also doesn't bump up at the top. It looks really natural.

THANKS! :) I got it just when the girl was marking down the prices, I got it for $35.00. Also, you can use a curling iron on it, but only up to a certain temperature.

Boadicea said:
It looks really nice. How much was it? I like how it's neither super long nor super shiny like some wigs. It also doesn't bump up at the top. It looks really natural.

TOO CUTE, MsK :)! I love it!! Oh, and you should have said to your co-worker, oh, I think they make wigs for white women, too :lol:. Anyway, great choice...it looks fab on you :up:!

no i didn't go...

case of the flakey friend...

how was it!? i heard he was GREAT!! which only added to my pissy mood!! lol!!

He was GREAT! I gotta buy the CD now! :) Sorry to hear about your flakey friend.

Huggette said:
no i didn't go...

case of the flakey friend...

how was it!? i heard he was GREAT!! which only added to my pissy mood!! lol!!

MsK.....Loookinnnggg GGOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!! :D In the case of the confused Blanco....She probably really thought that it was your real hair and you styled it differently. I remember one time I got a weave....I went from ear-bob to bra-strap.....several blancos commented on how I looked so different...asked if I had lost weight, was wearing something new, had on make-up.....I remember thinking that they can't be serious but......I guess that they really do not pay attention to us!!!!

Back