Glaze/Rinse/Cellophane for Shiny Hair: Which Do You Like Best?

Best Glaze/Rinse/Cellophane for Shine?

• John Frieda Luminous Clear Glaze

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Sebastian Cellophane

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ouidid Shine Hair Shine Glaze

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Colorshowers Cellophane

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters

BeautifulFlower

I am now a shine junkie...I want shiny hair be any means.

I used John Frieda Luminous Clear Glaze in a moisturize fusion deep conditioner I concoted (sp?:ohwell:) this weekend. Nothing has been able to push down my cuticles like that before. I dont know if it was the JF or the mixture but something tells me the JF had alot to do with it.

I want to try a different one. Which do you like?

Vote and say why.

Last edited:
Ok so I voted other because I use 2 different types...

1. Old school Jazzing (mix of Mood Indigo, Bluest Black, and Clear) when I want my inky black color<<<---yes its messy and cheap but it gives such a rich color. I apply it every 3-4 months or so. Medium on the shine level.

2. Stoken Gold Clear Cellophane (Dominican) for unbelievable blingy shine!!! lol. I use it as needed, once a month or so.

I used Clairol So Beautiful rinse in Amethyst at my last relaxer and had great shine but it didn't last, so I wanna try Sebastian Cellophanes or maybe the Dominican one

Ok so I voted other because I use 2 different types...

1. Old school Jazzing (mix of Mood Indigo, Bluest Black, and Clear) when I want my inky black color<<<---yes its messy and cheap but it gives such a rich color. I apply it every 3-4 months or so. Medium on the shine level.

2. Stoken Gold Clear Cellophane (Dominican) for unbelievable blingy shine!!! lol. I use it as needed, once a month or so.

I heard Jazzing stains the scalp? True or False?

Yea it kinda does stain...I don't really mind it because I put vaseline around my ears and hairline....as long as it doesn't get all over my hairline I'm good.

I like Jazzing for the colors, thats about it cause it also has the potential to stain scarves, pillowcases, sheets, towels, hands, etc. And I always mix with cheapie condish (Vo5, Suave) to thicken it up...I find that for some reason this also prevents staining.

Plus it makes me feel nostalgic lol, reminds me of H.S. when me and my girls used to rock the Cherry Cola color *sigh* the good 'ol days :)

Anyway...Stoken Gold Cellophanes aren't runny at all..very thick

jazzing clear, blue black, clairols beautiful collection same as others mentioned, anything that has glaze, shine in the title i'll try lol!

I think all the stuff you have listed is good, there's so many shine and glazing treatments you will end up driving yourself crazy trying to pick one.

with jazzing you have to just be careful with application and apply it to hair only, if it gets on the scalp rubbing alcohol takes it off, i've never stained my scalp with it, I apply it like a relaxer try your best to avoid the scalp but it does come off with alcohol.

Last edited:
Are you guys purchasing your glazes/cellophanes on line? I tried looking for some and the only sellers were on ebay. I'm not cool with buying hair products esp chemicals on ebay, so I mad an appointment at Aveda for a glaze.

Are you guys purchasing your glazes/cellophanes on line? I tried looking for some and the only sellers were on ebay. I'm not cool with buying hair products esp chemicals on ebay, so I mad an appointment at Aveda for a glaze.
I got the Stoken Gold online just because I was feeling lazy but (if you are) in the tri-state area they sell cellophanes and rinses at pretty much any local bss..the domincan kind too, esp in NY

**aww just realized ur in the south, sorry I can't help

I picked Sebastian Cellophane. Personally I havent tried it but my mom has and she loves them. They make her hair really shiny and my mom relaxes her hair so she needs something to seal up her cuticles.

I have tried Adore Rinses. They work pretty well.. Lots of shine and softness!

I voted other, b/c I have tried a clear rinse and it looked like I didn't put anything in my hair (by Clairol Jazzing). I've had a cellophane tx (treatment) at a salon, and the shine/silkiness was insane. Didn't think to ask what brand it was, though I'd bet it was Sebastians.

i've only used jazzing. the clear obviously wont stain your scalp and the colored ones have only stained my scalp like 2x and it washed off my scalp on the next wash so i dont care lol

i do want to try some of the domincan ones but since i live in a small hick town in az i have to order them online and i kind of need that immediate gratification i get from stores lol

I voted other, b/c I have tried a clear rinse and it looked like I didn't put anything in my hair (by Clairol Jazzing). I've had a cellophane tx (treatment) at a salon, and the shine/silkiness was insane. Didn't think to ask what brand it was, though I'd bet it was Sebastians.

how much did it cost you to do it in a salon? i never thought about professionally doing it lol

I wanna try the Sebastian Cellophane, but I can't find it anywhere! I remember a while back they said it was discontinued. Where do you all get this thing from?

I wanna try the Sebastian Cellophane, but I can't find it anywhere! I remember a while back they said it was discontinued. Where do you all get this thing from?

YEa they told me at the BSS that Sebastian Cellophane has been discontinued but you can still get it online at beautynewyork for 24.99 plus shipping

I have tried Sebastian Cellophanes (in Clear and Pearl Blonde), Clairol Jazzing (in Clear), Ardell Lights & Brights (in Clear), and John Frieda Luminous Glaze (in Sheer Blonde, Honey to Caramel), and the John Frieda gloss is quickly overtaking Sebastian as my favorite. Before I tried John Frieda, Sebastian was my favorite (although I flirted with Ardell because it was easier to get). But I decided to give John Frieda a whirl this weekend and I really loved it. The consistency is very similar to Sebastian, as is the result. Plus, it is much cheaper and easier to find in stores.

i tried the john freida glaze i love the smell but it didn't work as far as making my hair shine, i love and continue to use the kiss brand. i use the one that says clear.
Kbottle.jpg

PinkSkates got great results with the sebastian cellophanes...she looked like she permanently dyed her hair this auburnish brown and it was just the cellophane!....so I def wanna get my hands on it......would yall say that the john frieda color glaze is the same as a cellophane?

Other- Adore, the white bottle. Leaves my hair stronger, slightly thicker, very shinny, vibrant color. The color last until the next time I relax, but of course it fades slightly. I relax and color every 8 weeks.

ARe clear rinses ok to use on natural hair too? I'm considering trying it to see if I get more shine.

:yep: Yep, my aunt uses on her hair a lot.

PinkSkates got great results with the sebastian cellophanes...she looked like she permanently dyed her hair this auburnish brown and it was just the cellophane!....so I def wanna get my hands on it......would yall say that the john frieda color glaze is the same as a cellophane?

I love the John Frieda glaze but I've never tried cellophanes so I can't help you there.

Back