Giovanni Users...We need to talk, the Smooth as Silk put it on me

gymfreak336

Okay, so I got my hands on a full bottle of the smooth as silk shampoo and half a bottle of the conditioner.

The shampoo is sulfate free, has a great grapefruit scent, and it really cleaned my hair without over drying it. I was very impressed. This is the first "natural" shampoo that really did the job. You only need a dab, like this bottle is going to last me forever.

The conditioner was perfect. I mean :love: softness, slip, just pure moistness :lol: It gave me slip that I would expect from a very silicone rich product. It kinda caught me off guard.

Sooooo Giovanni heads, what else do I need to try?

Glad you like the shampoo! It's my new shampoo after weaning myself off of Profectiv Breakthrough and I must say it's a good change :grin:

I was thinking about getting the smooth as silk for when I am prepping to straighten. Glad to hear it worked Gym!

I like their magnetic shampoo and conditioner.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/searchResult?s=&criteria=&keyword=giovanni+magnetic&x=64&y=25

The power treatment didnt do much for my hair but I love the shampoo and conditioner. I havent tried the other magnetic products.

And my beloved giovanni direct. This gets mixed reviews, but it works for me.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/62455

Basically all their shampoos and conditioners are pretty good.

Okay, so magnetic is added to the list. I must say, it really suprised me in how well it worked.

The smooth as silk conditioner is one of my favorites for overnight deep conditioning (especially because I can get it in a store and everything else I like I have to order...it gives me my fix for physically buying stuff). Also, the 50:50 conditioner has been good for quick cowashing for me and you can get a liter size from costco for only 10 bucks.

Overall, giovanni has been really good but I haven't tried their shampoos or leave-ins.

I *love* their products!

I use the leave in, the 50/50 moisturizing conditioner, Smooth as Silk Conditioner, the magnetic conditioner, tea tree conditioner...girl, I seriously love them all... I have *never* had a line work like this on my hair.
I just ordered the tea tree shampoo, 50/50 poo, and Nutrafix conditioner as a protien conditioner. I'm going to use this line exclusively... I've tried tons of stuff and wasted plenty $, but I can't say how much I love their conditioners. I'm sure i'll like the shampoos too.

I don't even know why I come in your threads anymore! The title alone should've sent me running! :lol:

Did the poo lather up a lot? Is the conditioner more suited for co washes or dc's?

I *love* their products!

I use the leave in, the 50/50 moisturizing conditioner, Smooth as Silk Conditioner, the magnetic conditioner, tea tree conditioner...girl, I seriously love them all... I have *never* had a line work like this on my hair.
I just ordered the tea tree shampoo, 50/50 poo, and Nutrafix conditioner as a protien conditioner. I'm going to use this line exclusively... I've tried tons of stuff and wasted plenty $, but I can't say how much I love their conditioners. I'm sure i'll like the shampoos too.

I was hoping you were on. How would you describe the 50/5 conditioner?

I don't even know why I come in your threads anymore! The title alone should've sent me running! :lol:

Did the poo lather up a lot? Is the conditioner more suited for co washes or dc's?

You know how I do :lol:

The poo lathers ALOT! I only have tried the conditioner as a 3-5 minute treatment. I plan on trying it a little longer though, especially in a month when I relax.

The smooth as silk conditioner is one of my favorites for overnight deep conditioning (especially because I can get it in a store and everything else I like I have to order...it gives me my fix for physically buying stuff). Also, the 50:50 conditioner has been good for quick cowashing for me and you can get a liter size from costco for only 10 bucks.

Overall, giovanni has been really good but I haven't tried their shampoos or leave-ins.

really!?!? I had to stop using the TJ's nourish spa co due to my son's allergy and was told that this was similar. I will give this a try for cw.

really!?!? I had to stop using the TJ's nourish spa co due to my son's allergy and was told that this was similar. I will give this a try for cw.

Believe me I was surprised when I saw it too. But now costco has liter sizes of alot of stuff including dove and nexxus I believe. And you cannot beat 10$ for a liter size of giovanni when at whole foods the regular size one is 10$ and it's only 8.5oz.

Tiffers and Gymfreak, I use the smooth as silk as a deep conditioner all the time and I love it. It leaves my hair soft and strong at the same time. And the smell is great too! If they had the smooth as silk in a liter size I would be all over it (especially if it was as cheap as the 50:50).

does the smooth as silk conditioner have any silicones in it at all? if so, is it towards the beginning, or middle?...

Believe me I was surprised when I saw it too. But now costco has liter sizes of alot of stuff including dove and nexxus I believe. And you cannot beat 10$ for a liter size of giovanni when at whole foods the regular size one is 10$ and it's only 8.5oz.

Tiffers and Gymfreak, I use the smooth as silk as a deep conditioner all the time and I love it. It leaves my hair soft and strong at the same time. And the smell is great too! If they had the smooth as silk in a liter size I would be all over it (especially if it was as cheap as the 50:50).

Thanks for your input. I wish they had this in a liter size too.

I was hoping you were on. How would you describe the 50/5 conditioner?

I love love love it... it's a great moisturizing conditioner to me... very similar to Elucence MB. I've used it as a deep conditioner, instant conditioner, and rinse out. All of their conditioners detangle my hair and leave it soft and supple... not the super smooth feeling cones give, but after you continuously use their conditioners, you'll notice your hair feels genuinely softer and supple, not the buttery feeling that cheapies give you instantly. Also, their conditioners are thick and great to use as deep conditioner. The Smooth as Silk does give my hair a more 'smooth' feeling, but the moisturizing conditioner is great too. I'm def. going to keep the 50/50 and Smooth As Silk as staples!

Thanks for your input. I wish they had this in a liter size too.

Girllllllll, there is a website that sells their products in liter sizessssssssssss :shocking:. I bought my leave in in the liter size... do a search cause I can't remember the name of the top of my head, a member had made a thread about it last year and I nearly peed my pants in excitement :lachen:.

Girllllllll, there is a website that sells their products in liter sizessssssssssss :shocking:. I bought my leave in in the liter size... do a search cause I can't remember the name of the top of my head, a member had made a thread about it last year and I nearly peed my pants in excitement :lachen:.
I just did a quick search an look what I found.

http://www.naturalmarket.com/shop/detail.cfm/shop/detail.cfm/sku/L2195#Ingredients

I am going to be online all day tomorrow looking for the best price :lol:

Last edited:
Your website has the Smooth as Silk gallon for $61.69 and the other website for $34.99, what a big discrepancy :blush:

I reposted the link so maybe that fixed it. I am on the website you posted now

ETA: This place has the lowest price. Thanks for bumping that thread man!

No problem... I love reading Giovanni threads! My feelings are hurt and confused when I see people don't like it :lol:, I just remind myself, my hair doesn't like 90% of things that others love...my hair really is fickle, which is why i'm surprised i'm seriously impressed with this line.

No problem... I love reading Giovanni threads! My feelings are hurt and confused when I see people don't like it :lol:, I just remind myself, my hair doesn't like 90% of things that others love...my hair really is fickle, which is why i'm surprised i'm seriously impressed with this line.

I feel that way about joico. I kinda take it personal when someone hates it. :look:

I just talked to the on again/off again girlfriend of the owner of giovanni and she is going to have him send me so more direct leave in :giggle:

I feel that way about joico. I kinda take it personal when someone hates it. :look:

LOL !!!!!!
I have to step out of threads where I see consecutive posts about not liking the leave in :lachen:. If you order the 50/50, remember to post your review!!!!!!
Oh the tea tree is good too, i used it as a conditioner wash this past wknd, I really like it too!

Back