Giovanni Users...We need to talk, the Smooth as Silk put it on me

Has anyone use the smooth as silk as a leave-in? I tried it last nite and i like it pretty good. I was wondering if it has too much protein in it to be use as a leave-in.

I saw the Smooth as Silk line in Ulta yesterday and decided to buy the poo and con. I'll be using it towards the end of the week so I hope I like it! :drunk:

How much protein is in it? I'm more of a moisturizing conditioner girl, but would love to try this and see if I can get this 5 month relaxer stretched hair to soften and moisturize up.

I got a liter size of the Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture condish yesterday at TJ Maxx for $12.99. I really was looking for the Triple Treat, but they only had the 50:50 Balanced and the SaS, so I chose the latter. I just put some on and am under the heat cap at the moment. I will report back later. My initial impressions are: It smells wonderful. It is so thick, it will certainly last a good long time and I love the ingredients.

I got a liter size of the Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture condish yesterday at TJ Maxx for $12.99. I really was looking for the Triple Treat, but they only had the 50:50 Balanced and the SaS, so I chose the latter. I just put some on and am under the heat cap at the moment. I will report back later. My initial impressions are: It smells wonderful. It is so thick, it will certainly last a good long time and I love the ingredients.

Does the shampoo lather up nicely?

The conditioner is lovely, and it has to be one of the best conditioners I've ever tried. I have a liter of it, and I get excited everytime it's time for me to use it. Slip, moisture, and softness with NO silicones!

I also got me a liter of the Tea Tree Conditioner from Marshall's. I'm going to start using that for my co-washes rather than Suave. I tried it before and it left me in awe.

Giovanni is slowly creeping back into my life. Both the Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture and Tea Tree Conditioners have put it on me :).

Thanking cuzin Gym for :poke::poke: me to try Giovanni Smooth as Silk (Deeper Moisture)...

I am quite happy with it, hair likey...:yep:

So with this, Hairveda and Millcreek (organic), I think I'm good now

:hug2:

I have the Giovanni Direct the first time I used it I may have been too heavy handed and I believe it has protein in it. The second time I just used a dab on my ends and it worked better so I'm still on the fence with it. But now yall got me curious about this smooth as silk.

I just bought a gallon of the Smooth as Silk conditioner yesterday online. Can't wait to try it :grin:. I think in the long run it will be more economical to buy my conditioners in bulk. Let's just say I don't plan on buying anymore conditioner for a while, lol.

I bought this shampoo, and didn't like it one bit. Not on my hair, or my sister's....I dunno. It was soooo drying:( Maybe I'm meant to be a shampoo-free girl, or maybe I should just stick to my CON.

I bought this shampoo, and didn't like it one bit. Not on my hair, or my sister's....I dunno. It was soooo drying:( Maybe I'm meant to be a shampoo-free girl, or maybe I should just stick to my CON.

The shampoo is funny. I love it but you only need to use a tiny bit and kinda pre lather it in your hands first. I personally like for my hair to feel more clean after shampooing. I find that alot of really conditioning shampoo's cause more scalp issues for me but again, that is just my head. I am sorry it didn't work for you but if you can, you still might want to try the conditioner.

why did i have to read this right before i went grocery shopping. i was standing in front of the giovanni for a good 5 minutes convincing myself i would not buy. the whole point of learning to care for my hair was to save money. as soon of my dc is done. i'm buying.

Okay, so I got my hands on a full bottle of the smooth as silk shampoo and half a bottle of the conditioner.

The shampoo is sulfate free, has a great grapefruit scent, and it really cleaned my hair without over drying it. I was very impressed. This is the first "natural" shampoo that really did the job. You only need a dab, like this bottle is going to last me forever.

The conditioner was perfect. I mean :love: softness, slip, just pure moistness :lol: It gave me slip that I would expect from a very silicone rich product. It kinda caught me off guard.

Sooooo Giovanni heads, what else do I need to try?

did you use this as a dc with heat? i just got it and i want to try it out, i'm wondering how it can be used.

Okay, it's been 2 years since people went crazy for Giovanni in this thread. Now, 2 years later, do you still feel the same? How does Giovanni rate nowadays?

Bumping!!! anybody still using? For those who was inspired to buy after seeing this post, did u notice any difference in your hair after using it for a while

I just purchased mine today but I wont use it until another 2 months once I take out my plaits

Giovanni is my staple line!!

I use the 50:50 hydrating-clarifying shampoo and the Giovanni direct leave-in. Like OP stated the shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped and i actually purchased a 1 liter bottle from marshalls for 12.99 which will last me for a very long time. Also the leave in conditioner leaves my hair super hydrated and it is a thick leave- in but it doesn't leave my hair feeling weighted.

I loves it!! :D

Back