Giovanni Users...We need to talk, the Smooth as Silk put it on me

I just talked to the on again/off again girlfriend of the owner of giovanni and she is going to have him send me so more direct leave in :giggle:

Pls tell her to tell him to never change the formulations and don't discontinue the line!

Another good place is vitacost.com. They don't have liter or gallon sizes though. I just bought some direct leave in form there for 4.74 or something like that. They have great prices:grin: Also shipping is great-4.99 on any size order:)

Another good place is vitacost.com. They don't have liter or gallon sizes though. I just bought some direct leave in form there for 4.74 or something like that. They have great prices:grin: Also shipping is great-4.99 on any size order:)

Yup!
I just ordered my last 3 products from Vitacost.
I'm sooo happy that I found staples that are cheap and work well w/no cones.. I'm such a happy camper! :woot:

I have both the poo and conditioner. I tried the poo, and I guess it was alright. I didn't really pay attention (I was doing a protein and was focusing on that). I need to test it again.

I haven't tried the conditioner, I'll try that out too and post results.

Believe me I was surprised when I saw it too. But now costco has liter sizes of alot of stuff including dove and nexxus I believe. And you cannot beat 10$ for a liter size of giovanni when at whole foods the regular size one is 10$ and it's only 8.5oz.

Tiffers and Gymfreak, I use the smooth as silk as a deep conditioner all the time and I love it. It leaves my hair soft and strong at the same time. And the smell is great too! If they had the smooth as silk in a liter size I would be all over it (especially if it was as cheap as the 50:50).

The family and I are going to Costco/Ulta this weekend and I will check for it. I hope they sell it in my area.

Thanks for the review GF, I am adding more and more natural hair products in my reggie moving forward and trying to wean myself off the chemically laden ones, except kenra of course:grin:.

Thanks for the review GF, I am adding more and more natural hair products in my reggie moving forward and trying to wean myself off the chemically laden ones, except kenra of course:grin:.

:lol: Yeah Kenra is here to stay. I mean, you can't beat 30-40 bucks for a gallon of product. I mean, you know how the economy is and we all know everything gets a whole lot worse before it gets better.

:lol: Yeah Kenra is here to stay. I mean, you can't beat 30-40 bucks for a gallon of product. I mean, you know how the economy is and we all know everything gets a whole lot worse before it gets better.

I know right? Oh and apart from Kenra, I will still be relaxing my hurr. Sorry I ain't lettin' go a da cream crack, no way, no how:nono:.

No problem... I love reading Giovanni threads! My feelings are hurt and confused when I see people don't like it :lol:, I just remind myself, my hair doesn't like 90% of things that others love...my hair really is fickle, which is why i'm surprised i'm seriously impressed with this line.

It's a captivating line...yes indeed, makes the hurr all purty and soft...:lachen:

It's a protein line walk w/care...:yep:

As someone once said..."Giovanni will bite ya"

:grin:

It's me Gym's sister...

Hey Gym can we switch then... :lachen::lachen: you don't really need the Real Control leave in do you? :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: just kidding...

But I am glad the smooth as silk is working for you although now that I am tex'd it might work a little better... what you think?

It's a captivating line...yes indeed, makes the hurr all purty and soft...:lachen:

It's a protein line walk w/care...:yep:

As someone once said..."Giovanni will bite ya"

:grin:

Really?
My hair has never ever ever felt hard from there products.
As a matter of fact, I just washed my hair and used the shampoo and two conditioners and their leave in and my hair feels great :lol: :drunk: I'd be really hurt if their products stopped working for me
:nono:

Okay, so I got my hands on a full bottle of the smooth as silk shampoo and half a bottle of the conditioner.

The shampoo is sulfate free, has a great grapefruit scent, and it really cleaned my hair without over drying it. I was very impressed. This is the first "natural" shampoo that really did the job. You only need a dab, like this bottle is going to last me forever.

The conditioner was perfect. I mean :love: softness, slip, just pure moistness :lol: It gave me slip that I would expect from a very silicone rich product. It kinda caught me off guard.

Sooooo Giovanni heads, what else do I need to try?

I have been quietly using 3 products from the Giovanni line for the past few weeks and I have been using the Smooth as Silk Conditioner after the 50/50 Hydrating/Clarifying Shampoo and I mean butter, can we say butter please? :lol: Then I put that Direct Leave In and it's a wrap, I can't get over the softness and health of my hair on this stuff right now.

I am still in a bit of a shock as to how good Giovanni products are and am still testing the waters, so I've been quiet on this, but I had to chime in, because it really is that good!!

I have been quietly using 3 products from the Giovanni line for the past few weeks and I have been using the Smooth as Silk Conditioner after the 50/50 Hydrating/Clarifying Shampoo and I mean butter, can we say butter please? :lol: Then I put that Direct Leave In and it's a wrap, I can't get over the softness and health of my hair on this stuff right now.

I am still in a bit of a shock as to how good Giovanni products are and am still testing the waters, so I've been quiet on this, but I had to chime in, because it really is that good!!

Thanks so much for the added review Energist.

Hmm, I recently picked up some smooth as silk conditioner, and smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner (Walgreens had a sale:rolleyes:). Apparently, they are two different conditioners. I tried the tea tree conditioner before and my scalp loved it (I don't remember how my hair felt because I was so happy with how my scalp felt).

OT: I haven't had anymore scalp issues or dandruff since switching to ayurveda herbs and such.

Anywho... A while back, I was using a lot of products with cones in them, but since switching (and chelating), I have found my hair really takes to these natural products well. Back when I was using a lot of cone based products, my hair really didn't like Giovanni Direct leave in. At all. :nono: I haven't tried it since, and I sold what I had on ebay so...:ohwell:

Anyway, Has anyone used both the smooth as silk conditioner and the smooth as silk deep conditioner? If so, can you tell me what the differences are?

Sorry for this ADD message. It's late. :-)

I want to know about the smooth as Smooth as Silk as well. I didn't know they had two, I have the Deep Moisture and my natural hair is in love. I don't have the urge to run out and get anything else any longer. I think this has solved my inner PJ. My natural hair liked the shampoo also, that's saying something. It has a touch of protein in it but I don't find that to be a problem in the slightest.

Hmm, I recently picked up some smooth as silk conditioner, and smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner (Walgreens had a sale:rolleyes:). Apparently, they are two different conditioners. I tried the tea tree conditioner before and my scalp loved it (I don't remember how my hair felt because I was so happy with how my scalp felt).

OT: I haven't had anymore scalp issues or dandruff since switching to ayurveda herbs and such.

Anywho... A while back, I was using a lot of products with cones in them, but since switching (and chelating), I have found my hair really takes to these natural products well. Back when I was using a lot of cone based products, my hair really didn't like Giovanni Direct leave in. At all. :nono: I haven't tried it since, and I sold what I had on ebay so...:ohwell:

Anyway, Has anyone used both the smooth as silk conditioner and the smooth as silk deep conditioner? If so, can you tell me what the differences are?

Sorry for this ADD message. It's late. :-)

Bumping this post. :-)

I got the big 33.5 fl oz smooth as silk shampoo at TJ Maxx and I really like it! I was not sure about it the first few times I used it but now I really really like it! It makes my hair feel silky, smooth and conditioned. I haven't tried the conditioner but I did try the pak of the Smooth as Silk Extreme Silk reconstructor and that was what initially put me on to the shampoo. The reconstructor is NICE and makes your hair strong!

i tried the smooth as silk cond. Twice so far..and i luv it. I didnt expect that much slip or smoothness from this product. But its definitely a staple now. Its a great natural product that i dont feel guilty using when i want silky hair that i would normally have to get from a conditioner with cones. ...i also just bought the 50-50 conditioner but i havent used it yet. Im not sure what the 50-50 conditioner is supposed to do tho?

Okay, so I got my hands on a full bottle of the smooth as silk shampoo and half a bottle of the conditioner.

The shampoo is sulfate free, has a great grapefruit scent, and it really cleaned my hair without over drying it. I was very impressed. This is the first "natural" shampoo that really did the job. You only need a dab, like this bottle is going to last me forever.

The conditioner was perfect. I mean :love: softness, slip, just pure moistness :lol: It gave me slip that I would expect from a very silicone rich product. It kinda caught me off guard.

Sooooo Giovanni heads, what else do I need to try?

You should check the ingredients. i think it does have cones. i used one of their shampoos and the 50/50 hair remoisturizer thing and i remember reading the back and seeing cones... It still works well. the giovanni direct leave in is the best!

I love Giovanni products! Currently I use their Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner and Golden Wheat Shampoo. They both tingle in your hair when they use them, and the conditioner is so moisturizing. I love the shampoo because it's sulfate free yet it gets your hair really clean, and that's good because I always pre-poo before I shampoo and I need a shampoo that can cut through the oil/conditioner. I also like their DC and leave-in conditioner. The DC is called "deep repair for critically damaged hair" and is really thick and very moisturizing. The only disappointment I have with it is that I've only found it in a 6.8 fl. oz. container. I've also tried their deep moisture shampoo (which is good) but I think I've found my favorites.

P.S. Try looking for their products at Marshall's. I bought a huge 33 1/2 container of both the TTTT Conditioner and the Golden Wheat shampoo for just $13 and some change each (and that's cheap for Giovanni products). I also saw the normal 8 ounce containers for $4.99 each.

I actually have the 50/50 balanced poo and i like it. i bought it when my hair was in braids i wanted something clarifying and natural.

but i find that i use it on my hair sometimes now just as a nice clarifying poo b4 a deep condish.

lovely stuff not alot of lather but it gets the job done

This stuff did nothing for my hair but dry it out.... weird took 5 bottles back to walgreen sad they were on sale for $4.00

Back