***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

DH and I went out tonight to celebrate our Anniversary and V-Day so I rollerset my hair. It's growing but not an inch per month. I took
this picture earlier in the ladies room at work. Had to be quick.
a68908be-fe20-9e2b.jpg

I GOT BOTH MY SULFUR AND MEGATEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I opened them, but won't be able to start my mix until tonight.... My boyfriend drove to be only an hour away (we're in a 4 hour long distance relationship) and he wanted us to have a night together:eyebrows2... I couldn't say: 'No, I want to make a hair mix so I can reach BSL by the end of 2011!':lachen: He would have been::huh::nuts: Sadly, I left them last night, but we will be reunited today!!!!!

janda, GREAT JOB HONEY!!!

i like how you got that picture in real quick, too!

either my eyes are deceiving me or your hair has :roadrunner:TAKEN OFF since the june pic in your siggy!!!!! (and my eye doctor says my vision is 20/20!:look:)
it doesn't matter if every month is an inch or not, what matters is that you are reaching your goals!!!! YOUR HAIR IS GROWING BEAUTIFULLY!!!:cup:
stay positive about it, sista and love your hair...it is looking great on you!!!:yep:

sweetpeadee, yay, they arrived!:grin: please let us know how they work out and how you apply them! you're gonna love the growth!:yep:

hhj ladies!

Looking good ladies!!

I've already applied my sulfur mix twice (every other day) and I apply my essential oil growth mix every other day on my non-sulfur days. I've also been exercising a lot, and getting my salmon/fish/eggs and vegetables on.

2 weeks left in the month!!! Let's finish strong! We can do it. Can't wait for the pics.

I love this thread, so much positive hair growth going on.

I have been taking my vits regularly for the last 2 weeks. Thanks EtheralEnigma for inspiring me. But I take them every other day as my diet is really clean and really I hate taking too many pills.

MSM 1000 mcg
Biotin 2000 mcg
Vitamin B
Gingko
Silica

I am about to try the garlic in my sulphur mix cos last week when I took down my braids my hair shed like mad - does anyone know if this is a side effect of using the sulphur regularly?

Grow - I love your bun in the second picture, love the way you wrapped that hair around the bun. I am going to have to experiment - do you have any tips?

Janda, I love your hair growth, it looks like NL to APL in 8 months. What is your reggie?

Lucsious coils - keep up with the sulphur and EO mix - OMG your hair will really grow.

You girls are so nice and have a lot to share. I love this and it has encouraged me to try and be consistent with my pills and the growth aid application. My hair is growing fine but i did not get close to an inch so let me hope i get .75 this month. I have decided to up my vitamins.
I will be taking
msm 1000 (up from 500)
Biotin 1000 (up from 500)
Chlorella will be the same and Im adding spirulina as of today. I recieved it yesterday.
Apart from that im still using my sulfur mix just added Rosemary EO.
HHJ to you all .

Still hangin in there with my MT...This morning I moisturized with all kinda stuff in a spray bottle...Don't remember much! I blacked out when I woke up and my hair was bone dry...It worked tho =D

Well I did get my inch for last month, I promise to take a pic sometime next week. my color grew out that I had, that's how I can tell. It's right there @ the 1inch mark, well close to it. So far for this month, eeeh...but I'm only half way through. Still hmh so I can't tell

I am officially the worse updater for this challenge....

So here's my update.. Since Feb 1st

I have been co-washing about twice a week, protein treatment once a week followed by deep condition treatment overnight, also I have been put on my growth aid (MT, Sulfur Pwd, MN, JBCO, Vatika Oil, EVOO, EVCO and Lavender, Tea Tree, Peppermint Essential Oil) on my scalp every other night, I originally was putting it on every night but it was giving me migraines. I have been putting on my Organic Creations Extra Moisturizing Hair Cream and taking my vitamins of Biotin 5mg, Skin Hair and Nails pills, with Prenatal pills and a few others for health.

So far my hair feels thicker but haven't seen any growth.

I just received my mango and aloe butter and aloe vera gel, silk amino acid, dl panthenol and honeyquat that I will incorporate into my everyday moisture conditioner. I just ordered vitamin e, a preservative and emulsifier that I will add soon as I receive it.

Hopefully I see an inch by march 1st.

I know it's the middle of the month...but any updates???

I feel like I shoud've gotton 1/2 inch by now... but I haven't :sad: and I'm starting to get discouraged...

Has anyone seen progress since 02/01?

Hi ladies! I want to join the challenge. I hope I am not too late. I have been following this thread since December but I was not sure if I could do this but I want to give this a shot and I feel it will go hand in hand with my other challenges (Cowashing, Sulfur & BSL 2011).

Well here goes, I am relaxed and I stretch anywhere from 12-16 weeks each time. I cowash daily, apply sulfur nightly along with a good massage, DC weekly, drink plenty of water and take vitamins. I just purchased Roux Porosity Control and Moisture Recovery so I am trying to incorporate these into my regimen as well.

I am using the same starting pic as I used from my other challenges as well as the update from last month. The first Pic was taken on Dec. 21st and I was at line 2. The second pic was taken on Jan. 21st and I was at line 3. I will post another pic on Feb. 21st and I am praying that I am at line 4 so we shall see!

I apologize for the long post but I am really excited to join you ladies! :grin:

ETA- I PS 100% of the time with wigs/half wigs and baggie/bun.

ETA- AGAIN!- I am adding my 30 days update pic today and I am "touching" line 4. I am happy about it though and as I posted in another thread, when I get to line 10 in a few months I will cut off the damage/see-thru ends then.

Attachments

• Start of sulfur use unstretched 12-22-10.jpg
    Start of sulfur use unstretched 12-22-10.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 37
  • January 21 2011 update.jpg
    January 21 2011 update.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 37
  • February 21st 10 Update.jpg
    February 21st 10 Update.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I know it's the middle of the month...but any updates???

I feel like I shoud've gotton 1/2 inch by now... but I haven't :sad: and I'm starting to get discouraged...

Has anyone seen progress since 02/01?

I like to wait until the end of the month, so I don't get too discouraged. But I do understand mid month checks to make sure you are on track.

What are you doing to maximize your growth/retention?

-------
The roots of these twist extensions are looking so bushy. I hope it's a good thing, but I can't wait to take these things out next weekend and redo.

About to apply my sulfur and go to bed. Deep conditioner and steaming tomorrow. Night ladies and long hair dreams.

Azure18

Hi! I just joined the challenge but I have been doing it from the sidelines all along. I have seen some growth since Feb 1 and I will post it on Feb 22. I am posting my monthly progress on the 22nd of each month since I started on Dec 22nd. I am hoping for another inch:grin:

Are you using any growth aids?

Hi ladies! I want to join the challenge. I hope I am not too late. I have been following this thread since December but I was not sure if I could do this but I want to give this a shot and I feel it will go hand in hand with my other challenges (Cowashing, Sulfur & BSL 2011).

Well here goes, I am relaxed and I stretch anywhere from 12-16 weeks each time. I cowash daily, apply sulfur nightly along with a good massage, DC weekly, drink plenty of water and take vitamins. I just purchased Roux Porosity Control and Moisture Recovery so I am trying to incorporate these into my regimen as well.

I am using the same starting pic as I used from my other challenges as well as the update from last month. The first Pic was taken on Dec. 21st and I was at line 2. The second pic was taken on Jan. 21st and I was at line 3. I will post another pic on Feb. 21st and I am praying that I am at line 4 so we shall see!

I apologize for the long post but I am really excited to join you ladies! :grin:

ETA- I PS 100% of the time with wigs/half wigs and baggie/bun.

ETA- AGAIN!- I am adding my 30 days update pic today and I am "touching" line 4. I am happy about it though and as I posted in another thread, when I get to line 10 in a few months I will cut off the damage/see-thru ends then.

I just quoted myself so that you ladies could see that I updated this post with my updated pic for a comparison from Dec 22 to Feb 21st.

ETA the pics because I assumed that if I quoted myself the pics would also be in the quote but I guess not! Well here they are anyway.

Attachments

• Start of sulfur use unstretched 12-22-10.jpg
    Start of sulfur use unstretched 12-22-10.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 24
  • January 21 2011 update.jpg
    January 21 2011 update.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 25
  • February 21st 10 Update.jpg
    February 21st 10 Update.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Thank you poster - is it me, but the links above don't seem to work properly - it could be my browser??? Can someone please check and tell me if they get to the threads using the links above? TIA

^^
Oh, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to redo them this weekend since they keep changing the urls of the board's threads.

(i appologize for the time it's taken to get back to this thread....)

sweetpeadee, with the MTG the best advice i can offer is to make sure to use it only on the scalp.
it can be very drying on the shaft of hair.
what i usually have done when using it is to braid my hair or put the ends in ponytails.
then i use a dropper or applicator bottle to make sure it gets right on my scalp.
it's also a good idea to start off with oil and/or leave in conditioner on the shaft.
that way, if some does get on your hair, it won't dry it out and make it sticky.

lillylovely, thank you!
i got some braid hair (i had to cut it because it's so long) and made a U with it.
then in the center of the U, i placed a ponytail holder.
so, when i go to baggy bun, i place the ponytail holder around my covered bunned hair.
(i cover my hair with not only the bag, but some black opaque stocking on top, too.)
so after the hair for braiding is firmly attached to my covered bun with the ponytail holder, i start just wrapping it around my bun, using both ends of the U to cover all of my opaque stocking.
i can usually just tuck the ends of the U braid hair into the bottom of my base, afterall, it is secured by the ponytail holder.
but if it's a long day that i'm out or particularly windy, i might use some decorative pins and hair clips just to make sure the ends of the U don't come undone, but the bun itself is sturdy and secure.

Azure18, don't get discouraged sugar! sometimes our hair spurts at the end of the month or at the beginning of the next. i find that when i'm not "watching" my hair, it spurts the most. that's one reason why i like the ps'ing because i don't really get to "see" my hair much and get a nice little surprise when i actually do some styling.
how are you wearing your hair these days?

4everbeautifull1, you've got a great reggie and are making great progress!
keep up the good work!!!

NYDee, hi! i make the garlic onion juice by getting a fresh, small onion, peeling and slicing it. then i take a head of garlic and open the cloves. then i throw it all into the juicer.
afterwards i always use a sifter to get the pulp out and separate the juice because experience taught me that even the smallest amount of pulp can get "stuck" in our hair. (or at least it did with mine, especially the ng!)
then i put the sifted liquid in an applicator bottle and apply it only to my scalp.
maybe it's the sulfur in the onion, but i find that, much like with the MTG, if it gets on my length, it has a drying effect that leaves my shaft sticky, so again, i apply it in ponytails or braids to make sure to get the scalp only. i like chasing the garlic onion juice with some hot pepper oil (cayenne pepper in evoo) because when i do my scalp massage, it makes it smoother for my hands. it really gives a warming, tingling effect, too!
i also put something on my shaft. (oil/conditioner)
i rinse it out in the morning and you'd never smell i had onion and garlic juice on all night, lol!

happy hair growing ladies!!!

:hiya:

I'm late but please can I join? Been lurking on the site for a while...

Current pics, see below taken 5th Feb.
Length: NL
Tybe: 4b (maybe 4a in small parts) Natural
Current Growth Rate: Normal about 1/2 inch per month
Regimen: Low manipulation, keep in twisted braids with synthetic extensions, regular washing and conditioning and

What am I going to do that I don't normally do now to maximize my growth this year?

As of Sat 19th Feb, been applying MN mixed with Keracare essential oils daily. Regular exercise and good diet - I'm working out sometimes 2 x short sessions daily.

What do you think will be your biggest challenges to getting 1 inch a month and how will you over come that? Perhaps my approach is overly simple??

Please note - due to my hair being braided, I can't post progress every week as I have to take a significant number out in order to check. However, if this MN stuff works, plus point is I'll be re-doing the braids
much sooner than normal so I'll post progress and pics then.

Edited: I put SL instead of NL! (Wishful thinking :lachen:)

Attachments

• 5th Feb 2011 Blown and Flatironed Small.jpg
    5th Feb 2011 Blown and Flatironed Small.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 5th Feb 2011 Blown and Flatironed Back Crop.jpg
    5th Feb 2011 Blown and Flatironed Back Crop.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 221
Hey ladies I've been missinggggg! Lol I cowashed last night and I must say DAYUM! I've got some really good growth! My crown area is an inch longer and the front is about 3/4 inches longer. I can't wait!!!!!!!!! To flat iron at the end of this month to see if I'm full BSL. I have trimmed twice last month so if I'm not I won't be mad but wow ladies I'm excited! I will post new growth pics later when I get on my computer. HAPPY GROWING LADIES!

OH! My crown grows something like half inch a month with out growth aids which is why I'm sure I will have a V. My nape is 1/4 inch a month and so is the front. =)

Pic.... I will get a better pic of my crown for you ladies in the morning, mean while check me out:look: See that crazy growth uptop? I'm loving it!

picture.php

Last edited:
QueenFee, girl, i'm lovin it too!

yes honey, you got some crazy growth goin' on up there! (throw some my way, lol!)

you are gonna be MBL in no time!

p.s. i'm still trying to convince my hubby to do my ends like yours did your ends...they are better looking than any salon!

@QueenFee and @grow,
I thought I was the only one that has DH assisting in their HHJ! My DH and I are always talking about moisturizers and conditioners for mine and our DD's hair! He is just as anxious as I am about me getting to BSL at the end of the year! LOL!!! :lachen:

By the way, that is some awesome growth you have there, Queenfee! :grin:

4everbeautifull1, awww that is soooo cute! you and dh conversing about products and length goals and all....!

yes, it's great to share this journey with my sweetie because he sees how much time and energy i put into all of this.

nowadays, he's the one to remind me when i need to cowash or do a dc, LOL!
and it's only right, because after all, our hubbies get to appreciate the results, too!

oh, and yes, i've taught him that when i get those awful hairnorexia moments, thinking my hair isn't growing, he goes on and on about how loooong my hair is and how fast it's growing! he's learned to take those cues like a pro! hahaha!

I like to wait until the end of the month, so I don't get too discouraged. But I do understand mid month checks to make sure you are on track.

What are you doing to maximize your growth/retention?

Right now I'm in a sew in... So I haven't really been applying my sulfur mix consistently. But I have been taking my MSM and Biotin daily. Also, with a sew-in it's difficult to give myself scalp massages.

...I really hope this is just a bad month for me. I need to learn how to be more patient!

@Azure18

Hi! I just joined the challenge but I have been doing it from the sidelines all along. I have seen some growth since Feb 1 and I will post it on Feb 22. I am posting my monthly progress on the 22nd of each month since I started on Dec 22nd. I am hoping for another inch:grin:

Are you using any growth aids?

That's great! I'm glad to see most of you ladies are making some good progress. I've only been using MSM and Biotin this month... What have you using??

That's great! I'm glad to see most of you ladies are making some good progress. I've only been using MSM and Biotin this month... What have you using??

In addition to my vitamins, I am using my sulfur mix and applying it to my scalp along with a scalp massage and cowashing it out the next day. Sometimes I let it stay on for a few days and then rinse it out too.

Re: I might have gotten my inch? Sigh...

Okay so this is SO HARD to measure for me, I just can't be sure it's accurate. Last month, I stopped pulling my hair out to measure strands (yes I did this), and pulled a curl from the back down by my collarbone, and marked its spot with a lip liner pencil. Then, I marked a spot by my armpit and measure with my tape measure between the two marks. Last month, they were three inches apart and today when I measured they were two inches. But, my hair doesn't seem much longer to me so I'm like :perplexed. I wear my hair curly everyday though so I know it's harder to see length.

Smh at me for using this thread to track my growth...

Just did the lip liner measurement today, and I am one inch away from APL. I should be there by May for sure, probably before that!

Hey ladies!
I got my inch this month! In addition to my pic check,I parted my hair from ear to ear and measured 10 inches 2/1/11 to exactly 11 inches today. :drunk: This year is the first time i've ever really tracked my growth. I'm so excited and motivated since i've actually gained and retained an inch. I really have no rhyme or reason to my regimen...ialways have my reggie written out to a tee--but then iNEVER stick to it. This month, iknow i used my sulfur mix 3x a week for like a week--then my hair got too thick. Then i co-washed everyday for about a week--but then my hair got too dry. Then i bunned for about a week and igot ssk...and then i did a rollerset and didn't really comb it for a week--and got dreads! lol...So today i washed, dc, and flat ironed. I'm going to try to keep this flat ironed hair for 2 weeks, very low maintenance--buns/hair sticks. I wanna get my hair strong and healthy b/c i want to get a sew in as a protective style next month.
HHJ!

comic-p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

comic-p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back