Three Month Challenge (Sept.-Dec.)

• Thread starter Thread starter AmilLion
  • Start date Start date
Re: Me Me Me!!!!!

This is my first challenge. I want to reach mid back with this motivation.

-I wash my hair once a week with Creme of Nature Shampoo, condition with Lekair Cholesterol, use Aussie Slip or Hair Insurance, Elasta QP Mango Butter, and air dry.
-Grease.
-Wear Protective Styles.
-Conditioner wash with Lekair Cholesterol in the middle of the week. (just started tonight) Use Aussie Slip or Hair Insurance, Elasta QP Mango Butter, and air dry.
-Grease.
-Wear Protective Styles.
-Relax when needed.

clap.gif
I will join. This is exactly what I need to help me start my new hair regime. This is what I will do: I dont know the products yet since I am new and I am stilling checking out what items you guys use so I will let you know later what I will do. But My plan is to:

1. Wash 2x wk
2. deep condition once a wk
3.wear protective styles (bun or phonytail)

Count Me In!!!
weird.gif

I am
-washing once a week with CON shampoo and cholesterol conditioner
-conditioner washes midweek with pantene moisture renewal
-leave in (alternating between infusium, ubh dew and pantene
-alternating with kemi oyle and grease to seal in moisture
-wear protective styles
- use satin/silk to cover hair at night

I'm hoping I can follow this routine
angel.gif

Count me in too!

Wash 3 times a week with Iman Shampoo follow with Iman Conditioner.

Deep Condition with Humectrees 45 mins under dryer.

Use daily: PCJ detangler, Alo Vera Gel, Sulfur 8 for scalp and S-Curl

Remember to wear silk scarf every night!!!

I'm want to join the challenge too
cheers.gif

I was thinking...should we measure our current length now so that we can compare it in Dec?

These are my protective styles:
Buns, Twist, Braid-out secure with a hair clip, etc

Shampoo: 2-3X depending on hair needs
Shampoos (alternate depending how post relaxer I am)
CON, Shaman Peppermint & Primose Shampoo, Giovanni Triple Tea Shampoo for Clarifying

Condtioners: Lekair Cream Cholestrol, Aubdrey GBP (I use weekly), Tressemme 4+4 Green Tea and Ginger

Daily Maintence: DI Water mixed with some type of oil

Can't forget my ACV rines!

Count me in. I'm going to keep my regular routine going, and measure to see length. Hopefully I can get 1.5 inches by then, and the 17th will be my 2 years without a relaxer anniversary!

Hey everyone, I'll participate too. I'm in braids currently so my regimen is:

~Wash every 2 weeks with Dr. Bronners Lavendar Castille Soap
~Spritz scalp nightly with homemade Rosemary spritz
~Spritz the body of the braids weekly with Rosemary spritz

My braids have been in for a month now and I've measured about .5" of growth. Which is quite a bit more than I'm used to. So things are definitely working.
smile.gif

When i wear my hair in cornrows
-wash every three days
-moisturise with curl activator and olive oil
-put castor oil on hairline

When i dont wear cornrows
-co wash every day
-wash every three days
-moisturise with olive oil and curl activator

Hot oil treatment every saturday and wednesday
Deep condition after hot oil

Simple yet better be effective

Count me in!

Protective styles:
>single braids
>hats or wig(with cornrows underneath)

Products:
> wildgrowth oil
> Shea butter cream(home made)
>infusium 23
>afican royale or african pride braid spray
> s-curl

conditioners:
>Motions Cpr
>GPB
>keracare humecto
>pantene intensive moisturising conditioner
>aphogee Intensive two minute recontructor
>aphogee treatment for damaged hair(once every two months)
> burts bees avocado butter treatment

Shampoo:
>AO sea buckthorn egg shampoo
>AO primrose and lavender herbal shampoo

Vitamins:
nutri 100(multivit.)
msm powder
biotin
evening primrose oil
flaxeed oil
vitamin e oil
lecithin granules
kelp
enzymes
fiber
high protein diet
amino acids
ester c

Drink 8-12 glasess of water
Exercise 5-6 days a weeks

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE!
bouncy.gif

Here is my regimen:

•Shampoo and deep condition weekly

•Take GNC Women's Ultra Mega Formula Multivitamin daily

•Clarify and apply deep penetrating protein treatment every four weeks

•Apply leave-in conditioner when I shampoo, and three to five days per week in the evening prior to roller setting

•Apply hair and scalp oil following wet roller set (i.e. when hair is dry)

•Wear protective styles daily

•Use plastic hair lift to detangle and style hair

•Use Denman hairbrush to perform a doobie set when hair is freshly washed and dried under the hood dryer

•Use rattail comb to section and smooth hair when wet roller setting

northernbelle

I thought I already responded...anyways

Daily
Conditioner washes after workout (M-Th)
911 Creamy leave in....just a little bit
S Curl No Drip
CD HHB to my new growth
Elasta QP Mango Butter on the ends

Styles
Twistouts

Weekly
Wash with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Formula
Lustrasilk Cholesterol Conditioner for deep conditioning
911 Creamy leave in....just a little bit
S Curl No Drip
CD HHB to my new growth
Elasta QP Mango Butter on the ends

Once a month on one of the Friday's...a clarifying shampoo and aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. Oh and I sleep in a satin scarf nightly.

king.gif

I'm like you Licia nysa. Just started. I just bought VO5 strawberries and cream for co-washes. I also have to get a better way to airdry, my hair is so thick it never dries. I'm working on getting the final kinks worked out in my regime. I am cheering everyone on!
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to join. My routine will be to conditioner wash once a week with lekair and a VO5 hotoil treatment. Wear daily low buns with gel only on hairline area. Moisturize daily with BB Castor oil hair lotion. Take one a day multivitamen. Eat six eggs a day(via devil egg recipe) and drink a low carb protein drink from GNC called Myoplex. My goal is six inches of growth. I also have some MSM but is debating on taking it or not I think it breaks my skin out.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
miss thang over there.....:) 6 inches?

how confident are you about getting 2inches/month. i mean, if this has worked for you before, i need to join you. i'll do the damn eggs
rofl.gif

krystle

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wishing for two inches of growth every month. And since I wrote my first post I had to stop my devilled egg recipe. I been doing the devil egg thing for a week and I just can't do it no more. It was good for the first three days but I then I started getting sick.
crazy.gif
It just too much egg for me to eat. Even if you space it out the whole day.

Well this is a great intro to the forum. I accept! I'll be getting my hair cornrowed and then a full weave next week for my protective style. My regimen will be:Hot oil pretreat w/ Wonder 8 Oil; Wash 1-2x per wk with ORS uplifting shampoo/Cream of Nature HerbaRich; Deep condition 1-2x per wk 20-30 min.with ORS Mayo/Lustrasilk Cholesterol(Herbal/Tea tree/ Aloe Vera); Spray scalp 2x daily with my homemade moisturizing spray(Hawaiian Silky MiracleWorker/Wonder 8 oil/Distilled water/Peppermint oil; Oil scalp every 3rd night with homemade hairbutter(100%cocoa butter/Wonder 8 oil/peppermint oil) or mixture of carrot oil and Doo Groo oil. Tie hair up nightly in satin scarf. Excercise 5x6x per wk and DRINK 64 to 150oz of WATER per day.
angel.gif

I accept!
wave.gif

My goal is simply to have healthy hair by giving it an optimum growing environment. Since my hair is so short, it's so easy to get lazy and just forget about it.

I'm going to:
(1) Deep condition 1x-2x per week (under dryer 25-30 min.)
(2) Hot oil/shampoo once a week (under dryer 25-30 min.)
(3) Wear protective styles (twists, finger coils).
(4) Massage my aloe vera/rosemary growth gel on my thin sides every night.
(5) Spray my rosemary growth tea on my hair every day.
(6) Begin each day with a protein shake (Mon-Fri).
(7) Take my vitamins daily (Mon-Fri)
(8) Drink at least 128 oz. water daily, and try not to lose my mind when eating over the weekends with family. (Hubby loves to tempt me with non-nutritious stuff.)
(9) Replace sodas with herbal tea/water/or juice
(10)Use ACV rinses
(11)Exercise at least 3 times per week for 45 minutes

Ya'll pray for me!!! This is a bit much, but if it wasn't a little bit of a stretch then I guess it really wouldn't be a challenge huh?

count me in...combination of the Robin (Hair Lady)Crown and Glory Braids for the section of my hair parted and started at the crown and ears so that the braids hang down at the back.
the front section I will leave out of braids will be done with the Cathy Howse method. I am also doing a twice monthly Herbal Tame conditioner (homebrew)on that section to loosen the curl...i want to really grow my front &sides longer faster! and thicker, so I will be combing that area only about 2x a week after my conditioner is rinsed out and then I will apply my homemade wildgrow, my moisturizing lotion, and wrap the front and do a ponypinned style. Absolute mininmum handling. Just take down to moisturize morning and evening and pin back up Lots of satin scarf time!!!for this dorky do!
Shampoo...Eqyss. Avc Rinse. No heat except Microwave heating cap to do the deep conditoner and moisturizer every 3 days. I will keep my hair well moisturized. will be using Infusium 21 spray. Make my own grease for the braids. Happy hair growing. I want to reach the bottom of my bra strap stretched or wrapped all around and need 6" ( which will stretch out to 12"!!!!
confused.gif
ohwell.gif
. Hope to gain at least 3 inches this challenge.
Rose.gif
Bonjour.

[ QUOTE ]
count me in...combination of the Robin (Hair Lady)Crown and Glory Braids for the section of my hair parted and started at the crown and ears so that the braids hang down at the back.
the front section I will leave out of braids will be done with the Cathy Howse method. I am also doing a twice monthly Herbal Tame conditioner (homebrew)on that section to loosen the curl...i want to really grow my front &sides longer faster! and thicker, so I will be combing that area only about 2x a week after my conditioner is rinsed out and then I will apply my homemade wildgrow, my moisturizing lotion, and wrap the front and do a ponypinned style. Absolute mininmum handling. Just take down to moisturize morning and evening and pin back up Lots of satin scarf time!!!for this dorky do!
Shampoo...Eqyss. Avc Rinse. No heat except Microwave heating cap to do the deep conditoner and moisturizer every 3 days. I will keep my hair well moisturized. will be using Infusium 21 spray. Make my own grease for the braids. Happy hair growing. I want to reach the bottom of my bra strap stretched or wrapped all around and need 6" ( which will stretch out to 12"!!!!
confused.gif
ohwell.gif
. Hope to gain at least 3 inches this challenge.
Rose.gif
Bonjour.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would love to have that herbal tame conditioner recipe if you are willing to share.
smile.gif

I'll join too
clap.gif

Weekly:

~wash once a week with CON ultra moisturizing formula
~condition w/ suave humectant and olive oil. I hate to say it but this has replaced my beloved humectress
~ wrap hair and cover w/satin cap and let dry
~ use humectress and kiehls silk grom as leave in
~ use WGO 2x a week
~ thursday cover hair w/shower cap that has olive oil in it
~ wear hair inponytail w/ends tucked, don't know how to do a bun yet

Monthly:
~ clarify w/suave daily clarifying shampoo
~use nexxus emergencee

Other:
~take ultranourish hair and multi
~ drink ensure high protein
fat.gif

~ continue to drink my teas, hopefully will add the hair tea
~ try to eat eggs daily
~ get a relaxer in dec
~ trim my own ends when needed

Several options of herbal tame relaxer recipes found at the Paging the Hennaphylica Gals Thread this site. what I specifically do is use a package of natural or neutral henna, depending on whether or not I am adding color. I then add 1/4 c warm water and 3 tbl. aloe vera gel, Then I add about 2 tablespoons of Straight Arrow Hoofmaker conditioner, a tbl spoon of mustard oil,(from the Indian Store, a tsp of sesame oil, vegetable glycerine and I get excellent results. I leave it on for about 35-40 minutes with a plastic bag and use the mocrowaveable heat cap over that. Rinse well. condition with a moisturizing conditioner to which i add glycerine and rosewater and honey or blackstrap molasses. Hope this helps. Bonjour.

Can someone please give me a hand clap?

That's okay, I'll give myself one.
clap.gif

LOL...I not only drank my 128 oz. of water today, but I drank a total of 192 oz. of water!!! I didn't exercise though, but I ran to the bathroom a gazillion times...does that count?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DelightfulFlame said:
Can someone please give me a hand clap?

That's okay, I'll give myself one.
clap.gif

LOL...I not only drank my 128 oz. of water today, but I drank a total of 192 oz. of water!!! I didn't exercise though, but I ran to the bathroom a gazillion times...does that count?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a few hand claps for ya, you deserve it!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I have no idea how I did since I have braids but my guess currently is that I have gotten maybe 1-2 inches
ohwell.gif

I took photos/measured in October only and I don't think I'll be able to measure for a while...

Back