Fun Thread: So tell me, how was your hair when you first met your hubby/SO? :)

Ok, so I was looking like Ms Celie with a french braid on each side of my head, at the end of a day of taking care of a bunch of preschoolers. I didn't know he was coming over and never wore my hair out unless it was the weekend and I had it professionally done.

BUT THESE :
This was me/my hair style when me and my SO met 3.5 years ago.

It was a quick weave that I just glued down to my hair (:blush: pre LHCF obviously) and left a piece out in the front. I don't remember the brand but it was a bohemian curl. I was hoping that when I went natural that would be my curl pattern...reality.check.:lachen:

n20008388_33552511_7073.jpg

n20008388_33552518_4958.jpg

n20008388_33552520_9013.jpg

ETA: Forgive me. I didn't realize the pics were that big.

ETA2: This is the best pic I could find of what was under the weave.
n20008388_30845828_5993.jpg

Ok so this was my hair back when I met by boo in March of '09:
I was in a sew-in. That had to be my most fav. sew-in EVER...it looked so natural!

25tzqjb.jpg

205usgo.jpg

29ashas.jpg

This is how long I want my Real Hair to get one day! :pray:

I had in long extensions. I remember when we first kissed and he tried to put his hands in my hair, I was like "um..I gotta tell you something." lol I probably scared him a bit but he never said anything. We eventually moved in together and he got used to seeing random tracks around the house. haha

Here's a pic of how I used to wear my hair. It's about 6 years old and I have ditched the extensions.

img012-1.jpg

OH, YOU LADIES WERE DOING THE D*AMN THANG!!!!

Theresamonet, And your DIVA was just off the chain with it. Go, girl!! :yep:

OT: NJoy: everytime I look at your siggy pic...I just die :thud: lol.
How did you get soooooooooo much growth in soooooooo lil time!! like...you jumped from APL TO MBL (soooo close to WL) IN NO TIME...how DID you do it? o.O

It's nice to read the stories....as for me I met my s/o when my hair was full SL. a year later i'm wearing wigs he likes the look but hints that I should rock my own hair.

D.Lisha, Girl, I'm trippin every time I see it too. My reggie is in my lhcf blog. All I know is I've been ps'g like a beast! These ends are on lockdown. I'm trying not to get too excited and jinx myself into a stall or setback. But, whatever it looks like at the end of the year will be a blessing because it's already longer than it's EVER been.

weaves.. 7 years of BSL to WL straight flowing weaves.. the last year and 1/2.. he's helping on my own natural hair journey from bald to 6" .... of 4b hair.

My dh and I met in middle school - I was in the 6th and he was in the 8th grade. We dated all throughout middle school, high school and college before marrying when I was 20 and he 22, we're 32 and 34 now. All that to say, he's seen a range of styles, good and bad but when we first met, my hair was past shoulder length and looking grandma'ish because my moms didn't believe in letting me look cute a young'n. Can you believe my dh prefers short, Halle Berry type hair cuts although he doesn't pressure me to cut mine...that's his preference if I were to ask.

I was braided up in an attempt to go natural:
392964858.jpg

1 month in to the relationship it was time to chop so I went to my salon.
The owner convinced me to relax because I had no curlpattern, I was SL and asked for a long bob:
356756839.jpg

This is how I looked like most of the relationship:
392977946.jpg

This is how I looked when I left his butt, I cut both him and my relaxed hair from my life.
The ironey is that natural hair turned out to be his preference :grin::
392977947.jpg

Last edited:
I met him this past summer. He knew my hair was natural from what I told him, but I had a Dominican blowout at the time. I shouldn't have gotten my hair done being that it was so humid and sticky outside, but I was hardheaded. He ended up being the one to wash my hair for me (sign I knew he was a keeper) and gushed over how beautiful my hair is curly (sign #2). This month I straightened again and although he wore a weak smile when he saw how much it "grew" once I got some heat put on it, I could still tell he prefers it curly. I let him wash it again...what do you know, that huge grin came RIGHT back when it went from straight BSB to curly NL/SL.

Back