For those wanting long hair...

Hi Allandra! I am a natural who recently flat ironed and wore the style for two weeks. I moisturized almost daily with cones and EVOO. Afterwards, I clarified only once and felt I had tons of cones left on my hair. I wanted to be careful not to over clarify. I don't want to make this mistake ever again. :perplexed

Hi Allandra! I am a natural who recently flat ironed and wore the style for two weeks. I moisturized almost daily with cones and EVOO. Afterwards, I clarified only once and felt I had tons of cones left on my hair. I wanted to be careful not to over clarify. I don't want to make this mistake ever again. :perplexed
SherylsTresses

I hope you were able to remove all the cones from your hair. Sometimes it can take some work to chisel off those bad boys (which is why I placed mine on the back burner a while back).

Im doing great, my regime is working fine. I added wild growth which Im only using for sealing along with grapeseed oil and so far so good:). One thing that I can say is that, Im actually retaining length... I will post be posting an update

Im doing great, my regime is working fine. I added wild growth which Im only using for sealing along with grapeseed oil and so far so good:). One thing that I can say is that, Im actually retaining length... I will post be posting an update
Rossy2010

Are you referring to the 'wild growth oil'? Does it still have that strange smell? I used one bottle of this YEARS ago. Every time I used it, my cat (Laa Laa, rip) would try to eat my hair lol (luckily I kept a scarf on my head when at home). I'm glad you're retaining length. :up:

@Rossy2010

Are you referring to the 'wild growth oil'? Does it still have that strange smell? I used one bottle of this YEARS ago. Every time I used it, my cat (Laa Laa, rip) would try to eat my hair lol (luckily I kept a scarf on my head when at home). I'm glad you're retaining length. :up:

:lachen::lachen: you are funny hahaha!!
YES!!! i know it has a strong smell but I remember when I started my HHJ something was working wonders to my hair and I had to revisit my stash :lol:.

Has anyone co-washed their hair in their journey? I asked because I was reading an old thread on frequent washing and growth. One thing that stood out to me was the scalp being stimulated more frequently which resulted in added growth. I also remember a young lady making a thread on co-washing and she received about an inch that month from doing so with pics to prove.

ETA: Here's the post I was referring to

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=3728137&postcount=5

Last edited:
Allandra - I'm doing better. I've been using the GHE method and its been good so far. My hair is softer and I have less breakage. I did have to cut a small lock out of my hair about a month ago which left me with 2.5". Its only about the with of a pencil. Thankfully its small enough and in an area that's not noticeable. That would actually be a good way to measure my growth actually so its not all bad.

@Allandra - I'm doing better. I've been using the GHE method and its been good so far. My hair is softer and I have less breakage. I did have to cut a small lock out of my hair about a month ago which left me with 2.5". Its only about the with of a pencil. Thankfully its small enough and in an area that's not noticeable. That would actually be a good way to measure my growth actually so its not all bad.
@greenandchic

I'm glad you're doing better. Please refresh my memory on what GHE is (so many acronyms to remember in this day and age). And yes, I agree with you, it will be a good way to measure and track your hair's growth.

Last edited:
@Allandra forgive me if it's already posted in this thread, but what was your relaxed hair regimen? Didn't you used to be a rollersetter? TIA.

I've fallen way off on retention....I feel like a newbie.

@Allandra forgive me if it's already posted in this thread, but what was your relaxed hair regimen? Didn't you used to be a rollersetter? TIA.

I've fallen way off on retention....I feel like a newbie.
@Solitude

When I was relaxed, I did roller sets and flat ironing. Girl, that seems like ages ago lol. Aren't you natural too?

eta: nevermind, just glanced at your siggy again.

I am doing great since I have added and deleted from my regimen. I am not co washing every single day now.

It's doing well. I don't see breakage on the floor and my hair feels very moisturized. I just started doing it for the last month. I was rollersetting every week before that but I go to the salon for my rollersets because I can't figure out how to do it on my own.

I just added prenats and 2500mcg of biotin to my reggie. I'm not sure yet what the results will be but I will watching for the next month or so.

i tried chicoro's moisture drenched prepoo for the first time today. omg! love it.

1/2 cup aloe gel
2 tbsp fav oil (i used hot six oil)
mix and apply to hair in sections.

1/8 cup coconut oil (i used olive oil as i just discovered my hair hates coconut oil)
warm this in a bowl and dip the sections of hair to seal in the moisture.

cover with plastic and le tsit 15-60 minutes.

i left it on for an hour. i applied my cream cleanser on the hair before i rinsed it and then proceeded to shower and bun as usual.

my hair was moist, but not overly so. it didn't provide as much slip as i anticipated, but detangling was fairly pain free. i'm 37 weeks post, so i got rootage. LOL

my hair is shiny and smooth as a baby's bottom.

the first pic is my hair today after chicoro's prepoo.

the second is my hair yesterday.

Attachments

• photo(46).jpg
    photo(46).jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo(45).jpg
    photo(45).jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
i tried chicoro's moisture drenched prepoo for the first time today. omg! love it.

1/2 cup aloe gel
2 tbsp fav oil (i used hot six oil)
mix and apply to hair in sections.

1/8 cup coconut oil (i used olive oil as i just discovered my hair hates coconut oil)
warm this in a bowl and dip the sections of hair to seal in the moisture.

cover with plastic and le tsit 15-60 minutes.

i left it on for an hour. i applied my cream cleanser on the hair before i rinsed it and then proceeded to shower and bun as usual.

my hair was moist, but not overly so. it didn't provide as much slip as i anticipated, but detangling was fairly pain free. i'm 37 weeks post, so i got rootage. LOL

my hair is shiny and smooth as a baby's bottom.

the first pic is my hair today after chicoro's prepoo.

the second is my hair yesterday.

Yeah that recipe is great I so love it. I use it all the time and on my grand son's hair.

I just notice that when I look at other's length check that is the same length as mines, their's look so much longer than looking at my hair lol.

SherylsTresses

I'm sure this varies by the person. I haven't used cones since discovering argan oil (around November 2010). If you need to use a clarifying shampoo, just deep condition well after that.

Do you know if the argan oil serves as a heat protectant? I will usually use something else to flat iron then put argan oil afterwards.

I'm using products that are more natural. They don't block out moisture as badly, and I'm not afraid to experiment. TRYING NEW THINGS IS SO IMPORTANT! You never know what could be your next miracle.

Do you know if the argan oil serves as a heat protectant? I will usually use something else to flat iron then put argan oil afterwards.

Allandra
The tag came to me. I believe it was for Allandra. I would like to know as well. Would like to know the brand of the argan oil and if it was used for blowdrying.

Shelew

Since it's an oil, I highly doubt it.

Keep in mind, my stylist always uses a heat protectant on my hair. I just use the argan oil on my hair during the time my hair is straight. I'm just mentioning this because I don't want anyone thinking I use it as a heat protectant since it's an oil.

Right now, I am stopping the washing in the shower..not working. So I will start doing HOTs weekly as a prepoo, twist my hair, co-wash, DC, then shampoo once each month and DC. I will use a moisturizing DC three times a month and a protein once a month (AO GPB).

Currently, the back of my hair is breaking pretty bad. I'm doing a lot of trial and error with my leave in mist. It was a little see-through back there, so I trimmed today pretty well. I will probably twist my hair weekly and reduce the time I spend doing wash and go's. At least until my hair grows into a shape that I want...it is currently looking like a mullet.

Back