For those that pre-poo...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

what products do you use?
How long do you leave them on the hair?
Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer?
Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
Thanks, Boos!

Hi Bublnbrnsuga:) .

What products do you use?
Le Kair cholesterol + differents oils (carrot, castor, olive, almond, coco, avocado,palm)+ pure shea butter +Edited : Candy_C avocado concoction

All the night!

Shower cap!

Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
Yes, I do!
Yes I use a ligter condish, a mix (in a small bottle) of Ultra doux de Garnier au lait de vanille+Els趥 soin crè*¥ alpha jojoba+ a little of warm water

Last edited:
I Do:D I Use Ors Hair Mayo,and Until I run out of it,I also use phyto intense nutrition oil.I usually leave it in for about 45 min.Then I poo and dc with my trusty steam cap:)

I use a combo of evoo and water and cover with a plastic cap for about 15 min. And then I shampoo , deep condition and rinse.

I always pre-poo. I use Ojon oil or coconut oil or shea butter and put it in on dry hair the night before and wash in the morning.

the rotation varies--but olive oil and either my reconstructor(for protien) suave conditioner, or humectress
15-30 min
plastic cap
yes--I still CW. I use my Suave to always CW.

I pre poo every week. I mix honey, VO5 conditioner, olive oil and WGO together in the micowave for a few minutes. I then put it on my hair with a plastic cap. I don't use heat. One thing my hairdresser taught me was that if you cover your ears with the plastic cap it keeps the heat in.

I do I use Honey, castor oil, coconut oil and evoo
I just started using alma oil mixed with virgin coconut cream(fnwl)
I put in over night with a plastic cap and rinse in the morning then poo and condition.

It varies, but my favorite pre-poo is ORS Hair Mayonnaise with Dabur Amla Oil added on the ends only. I cover with a plastic cap, may sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes, but usually leave on overnight and CO wash and DT the next day.

I prepoo with a mixture of Africa's best ultimate herbal oil and Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Creme.

I apply it to damp hair in four sections and leave it on for 30 min to 1 hr with a shower cap-no heat typically unless I'm running around.

Afterwards I rinse in sections and shampoo then condition with any of my 50 billion conditioners.

Makes getting tangles out really easy. HTH

1.what products do you use?
Alma Oil every week and AO GPB once a month

2.How long do you leave them on the hair?
Alma oil over night w/o heat or 20 mins w/ heat, AO GBP 20 mins w/ heat

3.Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer? shower cap, dry when using heat

4.Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish? no conditioner washing

Alma Oil every 4 days.

Alma oil over night and shampoo the following day

3.Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer?
i cover with my satin bonnet

4.Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
I never con wash.

Just to add: since i did this more regular i have noticed my hair getting darker/stronger and softer, with a few natural highlights showing through.

I use any of my AO conditioners (GPB, White Camellia, or Honeysuckle Rose) mixed with Jojoba Oil. I usually put a plastic cap on and let it sit until I'm ready to get in the shower (15 minutes or longer). I still CW when I pre-poo, but with a different conditioner.

Nexxus Humectress+Keraphix or Keraphix alone, mixed with oils and honey. I want to stat using pure aloe also!

How long do you leave them in you hair?
About 1-7 hours

Do you cover your head?
yes, I cover with a plastic cap. I tried Macherie's method this weekend and it worked out lovely. I will do that for now on.

Do you con-wash after?
I have, but my hair built up too much. I think I will only save pre-pooing for shampoo days.

Miss*Tress said:
It varies, but my favorite pre-poo is ORS Hair Mayonnaise with Dabur Amla Oil added on the ends only. I cover with a plastic cap, may sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes, but usually leave on overnight and CO wash and DT the next day.

I will be trying this combo this weekend!

I use Olive oil + Lekair Cholesterol Aloe or Elasta qp DPR 11. I leave it on for about an hour or two w/plastic cap. I don't con wash.

Hey Bubln :wave:

Just about any moisturizing conditioner... but I primarily use "Lustrasilk Aloe Cholesterol" (my all time fav pre-poo)

About 15 mins when in a rush. When i have time, I'll leave it on overnight.

I have a special lil way of applying my pre-poo. Been doing this for 3+ yrs. I'll *warm* the conditioner in the microwave for a bit, then apply it to my *dry* hair. Then I'll cover with a plastic cap. (( This is also my method for deep conditioning... no need for a dryer :trampoline: ))

I do "pre-poos" whether I'm shampooing or CON. I simply *luv* how it makes my hair feel & turn out... so that's my I've continued to do 'em!

oh yeah, I alternate... sometimes I'll use the same conditioners...sometimes I'll use a dif one.

Thanks, Boos!

Ur welcome :cool:

ORS Mayonnaise or CON Nourishing Conditioner

25-60mins

Hot towel with or without plastic cap, sit under the dryer wearing a plastic cap

Shampoo and CW with CON Nourishing Conditioner

MeechUK

Bublnbrnsuga said:

Lustrasilk cholesterol, the one with shea and mango butter. I also add a little olive oil to it.

One hour.

I use a shower cap topped with my satin scarf.

No. I must use shampoo.

Candy_C said:
Alma Oil every 4 days.

Alma oil over night and shampoo the following day

3.Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer?
i cover with my satin bonnet

4.Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
I never con wash.

Just to add: since i did this more regular i have noticed my hair getting darker/stronger and softer, with a few natural highlights showing through.

Just because of this post & thread I decided to use my Amla oil as a pre poo. I have had this Amla oil for at least a year & I have never used it. I only shampoo 1-2 times a year, because my hairs gets so dry afterward.
Well, I put the Amla in for 1-2 hours while doing some things around the house. I rinsed, shampooed with diluted castile soap & then conditioned with my normal conditioner. But I could feel the awesome moisture before I conditioned. That Amla oil is the truth! The sheen in my hair is amazing. My hair has been looking pretty dull & feeling dry lately, but not today. It feels moist but my hands are not greasy.
I will use this again in a week but mixed with my deep conditioner so that I won't smell as perfumey.

MeccaMedinah said:
Just because of this post & thread I decided to use my Amla oil as a pre poo. I have had this Amla oil for at least a year & I have never used it. I only shampoo 1-2 times a year, because my hairs gets so dry afterward.
Well, I put the Amla in for 1-2 hours while doing some things around the house. I rinsed, shampooed with diluted castile soap & then conditioned with my normal conditioner. But I could feel the awesome moisture before I conditioned. That Amla oil is the truth! The sheen in my hair is amazing. My hair has been looking pretty dull & feeling dry lately, but not today. It feels moist but my hands are not greasy.
I will use this again in a week but mixed with my deep conditioner so that I won't smell as perfumey.

Ahhhh thats brilliant!!! Its a very good hair tonic, have you noticed how it takes your hair longer to get wet after you use this??

I do. Usually I just put some jojoba or emu oil all over my hair the night before my weekly wash (with diluted shampoo). Then I deep condition with my heat cap and Elucence mixed with aloe gel, honey and jojoba. I will also put jojoba mostly on my ends during the week, and conditioner-wash it out the next morning :)

Whatever conditioner I happen to be using at the time

at least 2 hours

Just a shower cap

Yes, I co wahs after with Pantene of V05

I usually prepoo everyother week on my wash which r sundays days bc i clarify every other week. I usally use suave or lutrasilk cholesteral with olive oil or africas best oil. I put it on my hair(alot of conditioner) with the oil in the morning, detangle it with wide comb(my hair is usually not tangle cuz i co wash during the week and just bun) and put up in a shower cap and just go about doing whatever. Then rinse it out and shampoo and conitioner within a couple of ours.

I just started using hot six oil on moist hair. I spritz my hair with water and pour on the oil. Cover with a shower cap and let it marinate for 10-20 mins. Seems to be working so far.

I use amla oil or Aveda pre shampoo sap moss concentrate. I leave on at least 30 minutes. When time permits overnight.

i use any of the following, alone or together: evoo, honey, castor oil, mayo, any conditioner i have on hand. i leave it on for at least an hour, with a plastic cap, no heat. i always wash and condition afterwards, usually with pantene.

Back