For those that pre-poo...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
I pre-poo weekly. I apply amla, coconut, or kemi oil with an applicator bottle, cover it with a hot wet towel, then cover that with a larger dry towel, and leave it for 30 minutes. I rinse (sometimes I poo) then condition and style.

Does your PrePoo require you to wet your hair first or do you put it on your dry hair?

I just bought a big tub of Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol and it would be perfect with a little EVOO as a pre-poo! It was only $2.30 at Sally's!!:grin:

jngn said:
Bublnbrnsuga said:
what products do you use?

Lustrasilk cholesterol, the one with shea and mango butter. I also add a little olive oil to it.

How long do you leave them on the hair?
One hour.

Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer?
I use a shower cap topped with my satin scarf.

Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
No. I must use shampoo.

AtlantaJJ said:
Does your PrePoo require you to wet your hair first or do you put it on your dry hair?

I just bought a big tub of Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol and it would be perfect with a little EVOO as a pre-poo! It was only $2.30 at Sally's!!:grin:

I don't wet my hair before pre-pooing.

dlewis said:
AtlantaJJ said:

I don't wet my hair before pre-pooing.

OT: Hey, DLewis, I love your new avatar! I'm going to try that Amla oil out for my next pre-poo treat! :)

I always do my pre poos on dry hair. That Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol will be perfect for your pre poo, AtlantaJJ. Have fun! ;)

I pre-poo with castor oil or vitamin e oil. I apply this on dry hair and scalp, put a thin, plastic cap on and go to sleep. I shampoo this out in the a.m., condition and then deep condition for 45-60 mins.

I pre poo once a week with Suave Milk & Honey Con & EVOO. I put it on dry hair and cover with a shower cap for 30 min, then rinse, poo & DC.

Priestess said:
dlewis said:
OT: Hey, DLewis, I love your new avatar! I'm going to try that Amla oil out for my next pre-poo treat! :)

I always do my pre poos on dry hair. That Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol will be perfect for your pre poo, AtlantaJJ. Have fun! ;)

I love amla oil its my favorite prepoo so far

Bublnbrnsuga said:
what products do you use? starting with damp hair (rosemary eo & water spritz) apply eluence mb,humectress,jojoba oil,pure shea butter
How long do you leave them on the hair? overnight
Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer? plastc cap,silk scarf and off to bed..
Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish? after shampoo, use keraphx..then garnier 3 minute deep condish (40-60 min w/ plastic cap and towel wrapped around)
Thanks, Boos!

Have loved the results..hair is well moisturized...feels stonger also..:D

Bublnbrnsuga said:
what products do you use?
How long do you leave them on the hair?
Do you cover your head with a towel, shower cap, or do you sit under the dryer?
Do you still CON wash your hair after pre-pooing? If so, do you use a different condish?
Thanks, Boos!

I pre-poo w/ a dc tx started on dry hair. Dpr-11, honey, oils and some misc conditioners that I am tryign to get rid of. I put on a plastic cap, then a plastic bag, then I get my soft bonnet dryer out, and alternate turning on and off the heat for about 45m-1hr.
When that's done, I rinse out. At this point I may use a baking soda/water, or acv/water mix, rinse through hair, massage scalp, and squeeze through hair. I will apply a lighter conditioner to no poo, like suave daily moisture, herbal essences totally twisted, sunsilk moisture masque, or oyin honey hemp. I rotate which conditioner I use. After all that, I do leave a little conditioner in, add creamy leave in and let air dry. It sounds like a lot, but once you get through the blow dryer phase, it's only 30 min max! :D

Back