For Those Of You Who Use Lye Relaxers...

Which lye relaxer are you currently using?

• ORS

Votes: 25 12.3%
  • Mizani

Votes: 56 27.6%
  • Affirm

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Hawaiian Silky

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • Design Essentials

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Vitale

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Elucence

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Motions

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Optimum

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Other, please specify...

Votes: 47 23.2%

• Total voters
Currently using Silk Elements (last touchup) with great results, I previously used Mizani BB, but each with each touchup I liked it less, so I think I'm gonna stick with Silk Elements- very smooth, silky results. I use the olive oil version (green container)

My last relaxer was Silk Elements with Shea Butter, but I'm about to try Motions for the first time. I was looking for Hawaiian Silky, but the store I went to didn't have it...

Hawaiian Silky no base regular. I absolutely love it! I've had problems with underprocessing and burning with other relaxers but none whatsoever with this one.

Currently using Mizani Butter Blends (Regular). Did use a couple times Linange Shea Butter Lye.

Switched to Mizani BB -- Because I was 'blessed' with a 4lb Tub. I actually thought Linange was pretty great too tho'.:yep:

I use Bantu regular. It's good and very inexpensive, but I think I will give Hawaiian Silky a try once I finish my tub of Bantu.
Affirm caused me severe breakage when I had it done in a salon a few years ago. ORS was not great either.
I still have half a container of Vitale. I tried it once and it barely processed my hair at all.

Mizani Butter Blends Regular only because I couldn't find Mild (I have fine low density hair).

I used to use Revlon Realistic and it left me texlaxed.:lachen: No matter how long I left it on I washed n goed myself sick.:lachen: Now I miss having that option. It is really a pain in the butt not being relaxed strait, but being relaxed without curls. I have to flat iron my hair to get the complete look.:nono:

I've can't say all that i've used but last one was 6/4/10 elasta qp i think no lye and my hair wasn't processed at all well maybe just the edges. i don't know if it was because i've been using jbco on my roots and they r really thick, but again my hair was not processed.

Back