For The Married Ladies And Ones With SO's.....

pookaloo83

Do you go out with your SIL or your SO's sister? DH's sister always says "we need to go out to the club one day!" Umm. not to be rude or mean but I don't wanna go to the club with her! i don't wanna feel like I'm under a microscope. I just wanna have a good time. :lol: Not that I'm gonna do anything but still... Am I being crazy? Have any of you gone out with SIL's? How was it?

No. My SIL isn't the type I would befriend. She's a little ghetto fab for my taste. So if she wouldn't be my friend without her brother, why fake the funk? We don't hang and I don't plan on hanging. She's a nice person, but it's just some people you just don't click with no matter how nice.

Hope I don't sound mean, just being real.

We live in 2 different counties so we don't spend much time around each other. She doesn't work and rarely seems to have money to spend, so we don't hang out when I visit, because it would mean that I am paying.

Pook,

My SIL and I are total opposites. We tried to hang out once and it was totally awkward.
Never. Again.

I tried, but my BIL is crazy jealous and he ruined my good time calling her and ish. This was before I married DH. We mostly shop together when I go and visit them.

My SILs are much older so we never hung out like that. One or 2 of them are pretty cool and we go shopping sometimes or have lunch when we are in the same town.

Do you go out with your SIL or your SO's sister? DH's sister always says "we need to go out to the club one day!" Umm. not to be rude or mean but I don't wanna go to the club with her! i don't wanna feel like I'm under a microscope. I just wanna have a good time. :lol: Not that I'm gonna do anything but still... Am I being crazy? Have any of you gone out with SIL's? How was it?

I go places with my SO's sister. As a matter of fact she is one of my best friends and we were friends waaayyyyyy before me n and my SO ever even got together. She is more of a sister than anything. And BTW ~side-eye~ @ the bolded... Dont you think thas kind of out the box?:ohwell: I mean really??? Clubbing??? IMO i just dont think its appropriate unless u go with ur DH.

I'm not married, but I have two sisters in law (my brothers' wives) and we do things together from time to time together with my sister.
We have traveled together, shop together etc. We're a bit old to go out clubbing, but we do go out every now and then.

I think it just depends on the type of relationship you have. If you like each other and have some kind of connection, why not go out and have fun together?

I am blessed because I love both of my sisters in law. They are like my new sisters!

Nope. Never. I have 3 SIL's and we never hang. We also live 45 minutes away from each other... but, even if they lived next door we wouldn't be buddy-buddy. No need to pretend. We definitely get along when we are at family functions and what not... but, no we are very different types of people.

No. My SIL hates my guts and I'm not too crazy about her either. In fact, if we're in the same room alone together, one of us will leave.

I go places with my SO's sister. As a matter of fact she is one of my best friends and we were friends waaayyyyyy before me n and my SO ever even got together. She is more of a sister than anything. And BTW ~side-eye~ @ the bolded... Dont you think thas kind of out the box?:ohwell: I mean really??? Clubbing??? IMO i just dont think its appropriate unless u go with ur DH.

Yeah I was like the club though? :lol: I don't want her to go telling DH some man bought me a drink or something. :lol: Nxt thing you know he'll be like Sherlock Holmes questioning me.

I'm not married, but I have two sisters in law (my brothers' wives) and we do things together from time to time together with my sister.
We have traveled together, shop together etc. We're a bit old to go out clubbing, but we do go out every now and then.

I think it just depends on the type of relationship you have. If you like each other and have some kind of connection, why not go out and have fun together?

I am blessed because I love both of my sisters in law. They are like my new sisters!

She's an ok girl. We're the same age. But she's a lil too loud for me. I can't see myself alone with her though. Maybe we could shop but that's about it. I feel awkward when it's just us 2. I feel more comfy when DH is around. :spinning:

Nope........DH no longer have a sibling.... His brother passed away years before I met him...

DH and my sister talk but don't hang with my sister outside of family gatherings.. Don't have much in common...

I don't hang out with my SIL's outside of my house. I don't club and would never go to a clud with them. Esp my husband's sisters.

My 1st husband was an only child and my FH is an only child. If they had sister's I wouldn't want to hang out with them other than family affairs. I never hung out with my brother's wife outside of family affairs.

I hang out with one of my SIL's. We are really good friends and we talk on the phone everyday. My other SIL's live too far.

my So is always saying how alike his sister and I are. I don't know her very well, but from what I know about her I like her. I ran into her at the club once, and she was a sweetheart.

My brothers wife and I do things together and have traveled together. We enjoy each others company. When I was married I got along with my in laws.

I adore all of my SIL's and wouldn't feel uncomfortable doing anything with them - even the ones from my FIRST husband. But like anyone else, if they aren't your kinda people, don't feel obliged to hang out with them just because of your hubby.

I don't like my inlaws and even if I did, I wouldn't hang out with them like that. I have seen folks that thought they were BFF with their SIL's have it turn around and all come crashing down when one small thing erupts within the family. As an inlaw, I don't care what folks say you are NOT apart of that family. You should be familial but not buddy buddy.

I have the same relationship with my sister in laws.....I have two older brothers who are married and me and their wives go out all the time.....dinner, lounge, shopping, etc....we rarely do the club scene but if we do I am sure we would have just as much fun!!!!!!

I heart those ladies..........

SN: We are still human and we do get into little spits and spats every once in a while (prolly once a year, if that) but we are all alike and hate holding grudges so once the discussion is over.....ITS OVER......we have great communication, everyone's an individual and realize that we are different so if an issue comes up, we agree to disagree and keep it moving.

Last edited:

I dont do the club thing, but I did used to hang with her a lot. We live in different cities now for the past 5 or 6 years or so, but back then she was so draining mentally, so I ha to leave her be.

She literally made my head hurt with the idiotic things she would do.

I use to talk to the sister of my ex of several years. I actually recently ran into her at the hairdresser and she gave me a hug and was happy to see me. But back then, we'd prob not hang out w/ each other, simply b/c it took her sometime to warm up to me b/c she didn't exactly get along w/ her brother and she hated all the chicks (understandbly) that he brought home. Overtime she grew to like me.
But Pook, that would be kinda odd going to the club w/ your SIL :lol:. I don't know, I'm already kinda funny, I just wouldn't want my SIL or SO's sister examining me.. she'd have to be real cool for me to want to hang out with her.

I get along well with my SIL and think she's pretty cool. We have actually hung out a few times with just the two of us. :yep: I wish we could do it more often, but our schedules don't really permit it. I don't know if we would just go out to the club by ourselves, though... That would probably be something the three of us (me, her, DH) would do.

Yeah I was like the club though? :lol: I don't want her to go telling DH some man bought me a drink or something. :lol: Nxt thing you know he'll be like Sherlock Holmes questioning me.

I wouldn't be cool with that, either. I'd feel like I'd have to be extra-cautious & only hang out with her, lest she told DH everything that happen. I'm not saying that I'd misbehave, but still.... (I don't have a sister-in-law, btw, and DH's brother passed before we got together.)

I don't like my inlaws and even if I did, I wouldn't hang out with them like that. I have seen folks that thought they were BFF with their SIL's have it turn around and all come crashing down when one small thing erupts within the family. As an inlaw, I don't care what folks say you are NOT apart of that family. You should be familial but not buddy buddy.

THIS IS REAL TALK!!! It's an issue that people like to skirt around, for whatever reason, but it's true. Family through marriage IS NOT the same as family through blood.

Back