For the BANDWAGON HOPPERS: Grow 3in+ in 7 weeks

See Post #260, page 13 in this thread for the photos.

I reduced the amount of JBCO and added the grapeseed oil, because I am sharing the potion with my daughter. She is relaxed and needs the ceramides for her hair that the grapeseed oil provides. thanks so much for the bolded tip, it will help me make my & my mum's (who is relaxed) potion without worrying about her hair drying out or not being given enough nutrients :yep::yep::grin::lol:

where do you guys buy the onion oil and garlic oil from

Kerryann : here's the link for the oils
(garlic) :arrowright: http://www.abchomeopathy.com/shop.php?search=&abrev=All-s&Submit.x=51&Submit.y=4 .....
onion:arrowright: http://www.abchomeopathy.com/shop.php?search=&abrev=All-c&Submit.x=82&Submit.y=8 ....make sure you scroll down and select the TINCTURE option :yep::yep::grin:

Question... has anyone stopped using potion? How long are you planning to use it? I plan to continue using at least until the end of the year, maybe indefinitely.:yep: I like the growth I'm getting and the fact that I'm able to make it myself.

i havent made the potion or anything like it but i was wondering have anyone tried to make a garlic and or onion oil infusion of sorts i was thinking about getting some garlic conditioner but i think i might just make an oil infusion of some kind with evo. i thought about you ladies making your potion when i was looking up how to do it here is a link i fount i plan on doing some more research later im really looking into a way to combat my shedding when i take down my braids next week.

http://theherbgardener.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-make-garlic-oil.html

OMG girl that is awesome progress, this update right here would shut a lot of the controversy down, because you can't argue with results like these. Well.....I'm sure some people still would have something/anything to say. I'm glad its working for you.

@make_me_over your results are amazing!:thud: Keep up the good work!

I haven't been online in a few days so I haven't been able to read about the hating comments. My advice to everyone using and seeing results, Just continue to do you and let your results speak for themselves. It seems like every time there's a new growth aid bandwagon, there's always some naysayers throwing shade.:nono::nono: I've seen it with Megatek and especially MN. As long as it's working for you, I wouldn't worry about what others say.

Keep up the good work, Everyone!

mEmYSELFaNDj and Platinum Thank you so much for your kind words ladies, that really means a lot!!!:grin:

Question... has anyone stopped using potion? How long are you planning to use it? I plan to continue using at least until the end of the year, maybe indefinitely.:yep: I like the growth I'm getting and the fact that I'm able to make it myself.

I did take a two week break, but I am getting back to using the potion daily starting tomorrow. I plan to use it for the rest of the year. I'm glad you're pleased with your results as well.:yep:

Platinum I have. I have female pattern baldness so if the item doesn't work I shed. Quickly. And boy did I shed. And of course no spots filled in.

chicha wow. Sorry it didn't work :-(

I want to try it again but make my own. I still have some of the 4 ounce bottle left though...My nape area is still a problem :-(

I don't know why. Never had any color there at all. *sigh* Hopefully consistent use of this will help.

Platinum I have. I have female pattern baldness so if the item doesn't work I shed. Quickly. And boy did I shed. And of course no spots filled in.

chichaAw I'm sorry Potion didn't work for you.:sad: Have you tried Megatek or a Sulfur oil mix?

chicha wow. Sorry it didn't work :-(

I want to try it again but make my own. I still have some of the 4 ounce bottle left though...My nape area is still a problem :-(

I don't know why. Never had any color there at all. *sigh* Hopefully consistent use of this will help.

growinghealthyhair Try using a moisture protein mix (maybe something like braid spray & Infusium 23) on your nape and seal with an oil. I tried this a few years ago and it helped a lot. Unfortunately, I broke my nape off with elastic headbands after going natural so I'm starting over with my nape again.:sad:

@chichaAw I'm sorry Potion didn't work for you.:sad: Have you tried Megatek or a Sulfur oil mix?

@growinghealthyhair Try using a moisture protein mix (maybe something like braid spray & Infusium 23) on your nape and seal with an oil. I tried this a few years ago and it helped a lot. Unfortunately, I broke my nape off with elastic headbands after going natural so I'm starting over with my nape again.:sad:

You know, I might have to try the sulfur oil mix. I've heard about it before.

I really need a topical antiandrogen, like topical Spironolactone. It deactivates and prevents dht from attaching to the hair follicle and therefore allows your hair to grow at its own rate. And mines without dht interference grows quickly.

Platinum

Thanks so much :)

I'm not sure if you posted, but what do you use in your homemade potion?? I'm thinking of making some tomorrow :)

growinghealthyhair I used 32 oz castor oil. I doubled the amount of Black tea, cayenne pepper, and biotin pills that the original recipe called for because I used more castor oil. I also added about 2 oz of olive oil infused with garlic and onion powders because I didn't have the oils. I later added 2 tsp of Sublimed Sulfur. I made a large amount because I'm on the road and I didn't want to worry about running out any time soon. I'm thinking about adding some Ayurvedic powders in my next batch.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to make this right now. I have about 32oz castor oil, 40-50 tea bag leaves (lost count) 30 biotion pills and 4teasposn of sublime sulfur infusing on 210F for about 5 hours.

I am not doing the garlic or onion seed oils.

Depending on how it smell I will add some fragrant oil to mask the scent.

Last edited:
How is everyone doing?:look:

I'm in the process of taking down my mini-twists and I believe I have at least an inch of growth (maybe more) in 4 weeks. I'm a slow grower so I'm happy with that. I wish I had taken pics though.:wallbash: Hopefully, I'll be able to take pics sometime this week. I'm going to keep using my mix but I'm going to go back to Ayurvedic cowashes as well.

Platinum. I am still using the potion, but only on my scalp. I use HE LTR Leave-in to moisturize and argan oil or olive oil to seal. My hair is growing like crazy. I will do another length check after the next challenge ends on August 21st.

Just finish my 7th week see Fotki for results. No magic growth however I didn't use it everyday as suggested. Have plenty left and will keep using. It's not causing any harm.

I planned to post my latest results this past Sunday, but the weather here has been very stormy and no matter how much silicone I put on my hair to straighten it:nono:, it is still poofy. Hopefully, we will have sunny, dry weather next week and I will take new pictures and post the results then.:yep:

kiminprogress I love the expression on his face. Too funny!:lol:

I'm still using Potion. No miraculous results not even close to the 3" in 7 weeks (I wasn't really expecting it anyway) but it seems to help increase my growth rate. I'm going to continue using it.

:bump:

Any updates?

I measured my hair last friday which was 8 weeks. I got almost 3 inches on the sides, and only 1 inch in the back. My hair appears to be longer in the back, but when I measured it seems like I got very little growth in the back. Anyhow, I'm going to give myself a relaxer touchup in another couple of weeks and I'm going to measure again. I like using this potion with the GHE. I'm going to continue to do this for another year.

Congrats on your progress! I'm really glad potion worked for you. <br />
Btw, what do you think of all of the controversy going on?
<br />
<br />
People on this board are something else. I don't argue with them because I realize people will do and say what they want. I think they should realize that too. By they I mean those that are saying that people who use the "potion" ( I hate calling it that, lol) are gullible and naive. We are all grown, no one's gullible or naive. If we want to try a product, juice, concoction then so be it... <br />
<br />
I would never buy from Val because I can make my own. I have said it before, Val did not convince me to try this. I was not impressed with her progress videos. It was others' results that made me say why not, what's there to lose. But I'm not gonna bash anyone who chooses to do so.

Let the church say "amen."

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

any updates ppl?

This is my update!

My hair is definitely growing nicely. I don't know if it is the Potion or the GHE. I consistently do both every PM and I only massage for a little bit. I got 3 inches at the end of September, gave myself a touchup the end of October and forgot to measure. I can see where my hair is getting longer. I will do another measure at the end of December.

Back