Flexirod/Perm Rod Set on Natural 4a/b hair. pic heavy-ish :)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i've been doing sets lately, since i started the Rollersetting Challenge for 2011.
I just wanted to share my results, since often people worry or think they wouldn't be able to do them on natural hair.
Products:
Olive Oil Cholesterol to DC
Elasta QP foam wrap
Elasta QP mango butter moisturizer
Spray bottle with a few drops of Lottabody setting lotion-mostly water.

PICS REMOVED
I apologize in advance if these pics are too large. and if there are way too many.:look:
Freshly rinsed hair

Ran out of flexirods so I finished up the middle with perm rods.

Results:

2nd day hair: (I stuffed it all up in a bonnet to sleep. kinda worked. i guess)

3rd day hair: stuffed it up in a bonnet again. the back got a bit reckless.:spinning:

Ok, that is all. It lasted 2 days longer, but i stopped taking pictures. It basically turned into a big fluffy fro. :)
Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Those curls are gorgeous. Making me want to run out and buy a bunch of rods. I've been scared to try it but now Im considering it...

I love it! You really make me want to try it out. You're so pretty too! Awesome skin.

Very Nice. How long did it take to dry? I really want to try a flexi rod rollerset, but another poster said hers took 3 hrs under the dryer. I don't think I can sit under the dryer that long.

Very Nice. How long did it take to dry? I really want to try a flexi rod rollerset, but another poster said hers took 3 hrs under the dryer. I don't think I can sit under the dryer that long.
it probably took about 2 hours, to be honest. i just do some reading under there, and alternate between the hot and cool air so i don't feel like i'm being deep fried, lol.

Love it!

Questions:

How long did it take your hair to dry?

How long did it take to put the flexi-rods in?

Last edited:
Love it!

Questions:

How long did it take your hair to dry?

How long did it take to put the flexi-rods in?

thank you!
it took about 2 hours to dry.
i'd say it took about an hour and a half to put the flexirods in. they're very easy to use.:yep:

it probably took about 2 hours, to be honest. i just do some reading under there, and alternate between the hot and cool air so i don't feel like i'm being deep fried, lol.

Okay 2 hours is a little better, I'll probably have to take a couple of breaks.

When I saw your username I knew this was going to be good :yep: It looks great! You always have such cute styles.

This looks great! I have never seen type 4 hair this straight without a press- do u plan to do a tutorial? Or maybe just provide directions for how to achieve the look? *pretty please?*

Back