Flexirod/Perm Rod Set on Natural 4a/b hair. pic heavy-ish :)

This looks great! I have never seen type 4 hair this straight without a press- do u plan to do a tutorial? Or maybe just provide directions for how to achieve the look? *pretty please?*

thank you!
i may do a brief pictorial in my fotki.
but some quick brief tips are:
detangle with a fine tooth comb to smooth out the hair. i think this is essential for a smooth set.
i think the foam lotion/setting lotion and the fact that i sit under the dryer help to make it come out looking "straight." also keep a fair amount of tension while rolling. twist the flexirod the opposite way to secure it at the root.
if i think of anything else, i'll edit this post. :yep:

Why can't mine look like that :cry2:

Your hair looks amazing and the curls lasted long too, I need to give flexirods another go.

Oh I love your results!! I'm definitely going to put this on my "To Do" list soon. Thanks for sharing. You can never have too many pics IMO.:yep:

Gorgeous! You did a great job! What setting lotion did you use?

Thank you!
I used the Lottabody Texturizing Setting Lotion, but really, only a few drops in a spray bottle filled with water. I think most of the hold really came from the Elasta QP Foam Wrap Lotion. :yep:

I loved your results, very pretty! I like flexirods on straightened hair but didn't get too good results on wet hair. I think I'll play around with my curlformers some more before attempting those again.

Back