Flat Ironing

When I first joined LHCF I was doing my own hair for a little while but shortly after I decided to go back to a salon, because I could not achieve that salon fresh flat iron look at home. I ready to start doing my own hair again, but does anyone have any tips or advice on how to do this. Please let me know, Thanks

hello :wave:
great ceramic iron(I love CHI myself)
great serum/thermal protector(IC fantasia,Redken Heat Glide,Chi silk Infusion...)
fine tooth comb(comb chase method)

Optional:Rollerset before hand

hello :wave:
great ceramic iron(I love CHI myself)
great serum/thermal protector(IC fantasia,Redken Heat Glide,Chi silk Infusion...)
fine tooth comb(comb chase method)

Optional:Rollerset before hand

I agree with the above. Flat-ironing small sections at a time makes a big difference to.

Oh and Sebastian Potion 9!!! I will pimp this stuff until the end of days lol. My stylist used to use this stuff and now its one of my staples. When you flat iron with it your hair will be relaxer straight. I use it in conjunction with my Salerm 21 before drying my hair. And then just a bit of serum before flat ironing.

When I flat iron, I go the less product is more route. I shampoo, condition (rinse it all the way out), spray in infusium, spray in some therma silk, light coat of cococnut oil, blow dry, flat iron. I think that it is important that I use the lowest setting on the flat iron and i go in small sections from back to front. I also use a 1" flat iron that is titanium.

That is the process that works for me and my hair.
I'm looking at tourmaline, ceramic, titanium ones now since i need a new one.

Here you can find a ton of links for flat ironing tips
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/search.php?searchid=4603551

I agree with the above. Flat-ironing small sections at a time makes a big difference to.

Yea my hair never used to look good until i took smaller sections... if your transitioning or natural, I swear by Redken heat glide... a lil goes a long way...

Foxie I might have to try this serum you speak off....:scratchch

Back