Flat Iron Help Needed ASAP!!

katote

I used Fanatsia Heat Protectant while damp, and then I used Let's Jam Heat Styles when hair was completely dried and proceeded to try my new Chi, but my ends don't look like the top portion of my hair. Any suggestions?

katote said:
I used Fanatsia Heat Protectant while damp, and then I used Let's Jam Heat Styles when hair was completely dried and proceeded to try my new Chi, but my ends don't look like the top portion of my hair. Any suggestions?

What exactly do you mean by that? Is it thiner at the ends? Is is stlll wavy near the roots?

qtslim83 said:
What exactly do you mean by that? Is it thiner at the ends? Is is stlll wavy near the roots?

My ends are frizzy. From the roots to mid section of my hair is bone straight, but from the mid section down it is frizzy not straight at all.

katote said:
My ends are frizzy. From the roots to mid section of my hair is bone straight, but from the mid section down it is frizzy not straight at all.

Maybe you do need a trim. I straightened my hair a month ago for the first time in over a year, and my hair did the same thing as yours. I ended up getting a few inches trimmed off. But if you don't wear your hair straight that often you might be able to get away with not trimming.

Also, next time you want to flat iron your hair you could wash and air dry your hair in a bun, with the ends well moisturized. Maybe that will make the ends smoother. And maybe a little more heat protectant on the ends would help.

That happens a lot with natural hair from what I've read.

Try running a thin tooth comb through your ends before flat ironing and make sure you're doing small sections. I think that's why the Maxiglide works well...because of the teeth.

Girl, check out my album: http://public.fotki.com/hair2004. I posted a review of that Fantasia stuff a week or so ago. It came highly recommended by the cust. svc. rep at the beauty supply store, and it tore my hair up!

Look at my flat iron results with Fantasia in the folder titled "Product Reviews." Then look at my new, updated flat iron tutorial in the folder titled "The straightening process-blow dry." You'll see what a difference the right heat protectant makes!

Did you deep condition before you began to flat iron? That helps alot in the pressing process. Also, since you're natural you may want to try and either rollerset or blow out your ends carefully. Having straighter hair before ironing has a better outcome. Also, I use the Heat Protectant after my hair is dry, it works fine for me. Instead, try adding a leave-in to your damp hair. HTH:)

Ladies,

Such of wealth of information! Thanks for all of your responses. I will try flat ironing my hair again. I'll let you know the outcome.

NuMe2004 said:
Girl, check out my album: http://public.fotki.com/hair2004. I posted a review of that Fantasia stuff a week or so ago. It came highly recommended by the cust. svc. rep at the beauty supply store, and it tore my hair up!

Look at my flat iron results with Fantasia in the folder titled "Product Reviews." Then look at my new, updated flat iron tutorial in the folder titled "The straightening process-blow dry." You'll see what a difference the right heat protectant makes!

Your album is so informative. I love your hair. Keep doing what your doing.

qtslim83 said:
Did you deep condition before you began to flat iron? That helps alot in the pressing process. Also, since you're natural you may want to try and either rollerset or blow out your ends carefully. Having straighter hair before ironing has a better outcome. Also, I use the Heat Protectant after my hair is dry, it works fine for me. Instead, try adding a leave-in to your damp hair. HTH:)

:up: That is EXACTLY what I do!! :yep:

Back